Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #1
SSeiSS

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6MT
Tire shop $&@#%€ up my wheels

Ordered some tires from tirerack for the first time very fast shipping and great price, however, I used one of their reccomended shops to swap out the old tires on the oem 1le wheels that I purchased from another forum user. I decided to remove the wheels off the car myself just to prevent any carelesness from a technician and lower the chances of my rims being damaged. Well even then my wheels didn’t get saved, when I went to pick them up I noticed that one of them had a nick on the front part of the rim and another 2 had very deep scratches. I spoke to both the technician and the person at the desk and told me they were going to get back to me, although they didn’t show much interest on fixing the issue. I ussually don’t like posting negative stuff but this really got me upset since it took me a while to find the rims, had to drive for 2 hours to pick them up and of course pay a high price for them, and someone else just didn’t give a damn even though they are getting paid for their services.
Attached Images

SSeiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #2
SuperSteveSS

Drives: 2017 ss
Story of my life. NOBODY cares about you or your stuff. Ive had to deal with stuff like this on every truck, car, motorcycle and even things like computers, watches.... People just do not care.
SuperSteveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
SSeiSS

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteveSS View Post
Story of my life. NOBODY cares about you or your stuff. Ive had to deal with stuff like this on every truck, car, motorcycle and even things like computers, watches.... People just do not care.
What’s funny is that the guy who took in the wheels when I dropped them off told me if I wanted to take back the wheels when I told him that I was very carefulf with my stuff, but I wasn’t sure if he was just being sarcastic, now I know I shoulve listened to him. I’m just hoping all this gets resolved.
SSeiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The marks on the barrel are from them using a screw driver to pry the old weights off. I've seen it done that way many times. My local Discount Tire has paid for a couple of wheels for me when their guys jack them up. Now the store manager makes one of the assistant managers work on my stuff.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
HyperJake

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 3.6L 2LT
I had a set of wheels get scratched up on the Camaro I recently traded in... It got under my skin much more than it probably should have but it worked out well... especially considering I was having them repainted that same day anyway... The shop looked up the cost of all 4 rims, even though only 3 were damaged, and wrote me a check for the 4. I even told them that was overkill because I was having them painted anyway and I just wanted to vent and bring the damage to their attention... but they insisted.

So there are still good shops that will back up their work even if the actual person working on the vehicles doesn't care...
HyperJake is offline   Reply With Quote