Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #197
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by '68Z28 View Post
Thanks for the up-dates Austin.
Wishing you the beat with the Camaro project,
you have more intestinal fortitude than I ever will.
Hope that the weather begins to make a turn for
the better soon.

Thank you for following up on my project, I'm glad people are still around even though this has taken some time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #198
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
Yes we are here I'm debating this my self, wrecked SS for more performance sure lol I'll pay 1-1.5k for 10k+ worth of parts
OfficiallyTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:24 AM   #199
AustinWithrow

UPDATE: Well guys, looks like the weather people were right... We ended up getting 14 inches of snow, with 3-8" more tonight. It is the biggest snow storm since 1994 in my area. Hopefully this is the closure to winter and the warm temps start to show up. I'm so ready to get this build on the road, my local Dragstrip opens up March 14 for the first test-n-tune. Hopefully I'll be out there testing my luck with the new ride. Wish me luck guys, I will update as soon as we get some good weather!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #200
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Bump??
Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #201
AustinWithrow

UPDATE: Still having pretty bad weather in my area, hasn't stopped snowing/raining for the past couple weeks and I took vacation last weekend so there has been no way to start. But, spring weather seems to be in the forest for the upcoming week, hopefully we can get the motor and everything setup on the engine cradle and have it ready to throw in. We have to fix a few spots on the wiring harness, and then mount everything and it should be about ready to put on. Let's hope for some good weather this coming week and maybe we can finally start.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #202
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Corbin KY. Have relatives that live there... Hope weather breaks so you can get it done!

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 03-13-2015 at 11:19 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #203
StephenofSD
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2014 2LS A6 "Storm"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
el ess a is just mad his yellow SS camaro with the zl1 spoiler didnt turn into a zl1. Probably started doing the ss to zl1 swap??

Haters gonna hate. He sure as hell has the right to call it an SS if he is doing the full swap. More props to him for attempting to build an SS from scratch!
+1

Mods
Exterior: Fender Hash Stripes, Z/28 Spoiler
Interior: Led Map Light, Green Led Footwell Lighting
StephenofSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #204
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Corbin KY. Have relatives that live there... Hope weather brakes so you can get it done!

-Don

Haha yeah, love this town. But not the weather, it has mixed emotions about what it wants to do! But hopefully it will change within the next week!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #205
AustinWithrow

UPDATE: Guys we are slowly making progress. Today was a beautiful day out, so we were able to get some work done. Finally got the oil pan put on today, and got the engine cradle set up so we can mount the motor on it. Tomorrow will be another progressive day (if it doesn't rain, 40% chance) we are going to get the motor mount brackets put on and get the AC compressor on as well. Which leaves us with mounting the engine on there and getting everything set up the way it needs to be. I will update on progress made tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #206
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Nice ! Keep at it !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM   #207
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Nice ! Keep at it !
+1

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #208
AustinWithrow

UPDATE: Got the motor brackets put on today and the engine cradle is set up. Now all we like is to put the oil cooler on when we get the line for it and put on the ac compressor on when we are able to put the engine on the cradle. But we need motor mounts before we can do that because our SS mounts are junk. If anyone knows if the v6 mounts will work, I definitely need to find out so I can just use the one off of my v6. Other than that, once we get it set up on the cradle, we just need to route the wiring to the correct spots and get everything hooked back up. Slowly getting there but it feels like I have so much longer to go!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #209
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
UPDATE: Got the motor brackets put on today and the engine cradle is set up. Now all we like is to put the oil cooler on when we get the line for it and put on the ac compressor on when we are able to put the engine on the cradle. But we need motor mounts before we can do that because our SS mounts are junk. If anyone knows if the v6 mounts will work, I definitely need to find out so I can just use the one off of my v6. Other than that, once we get it set up on the cradle, we just need to route the wiring to the correct spots and get everything hooked back up. Slowly getting there but it feels like I have so much longer to go!

Im very curious. But honestly I see expensive custom made motor mounts in your future.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #210
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Im very curious. But honestly I see expensive custom made motor mounts in your future.

Why is that? I'm using the stock engine cradle, stock mounting brackets?