Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Yunglipid

Drives: 2016 Camaro
ZL1 Style Spiler/Wing

Hey guys, so I needed your help I was lurking on eBay and I came across “extreme online store” and their ZL1 style wing/spoiler and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the company. Are they trust worthy, good quality etc etc. They are claiming that it’s just like the GM one.
Attached Images

Yunglipid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
IMO, it's a bit too much unless you're going to race at high speeds.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
I think the ZL1 actually has a much different under trunk support system in place for the weight and downforce of the wing; not certain a non-ZL1 model trunk will support it or support it long-term.
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
BowTieWise

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I've bought my fair share of eBay products so I have some insight to this. (Spoiler for my old 14SS, loved it)

There is a thousand different 'ebay stores' or companies on there. They all have the same product essentially. So for your trustworthy question, its about the same as buying anything from ebay, read reviews and go from there. As for quality, just make sure if it doesn't meet your standards, you can return or get a hold of customer service.

My $.02:

I'd buy cosmetic mods from eBay alllllll day for price alone.

wouldn't buy a set of headers from ebay tho (not trying to hijack) or any performance mods for that matter.

SOLD: 2014 1SS/RS. A6. Red Hot. Z/28 Spoiler. ZL1 Strut Tower Brace. Cold Air Inductions CAI. Borla ATAK Catback. Custom Graphics from Wise Graphics & Design.

BowTieWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
I think the ZL1 actually has a much different under trunk support system in place for the weight and downforce of the wing; not certain a non-ZL1 model trunk will support it or support it long-term.
Very good info to remind!

All 6th gen Camaro models not named ZL1-1LE for 2016-2017 do not have the support in the trunk for the wing.

The 2018 ZL1 trunk lid does have the support. It is my understanding that all of the non-ZL1 models for 2018 also do not have the support for it.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieWise View Post
There is a thousand different 'ebay stores' or companies on there. They all have the same product essentially.
I agree, sometime you can easily tell just by comparing the pictures.
Don't buy from anyone who doesn't accept returns. Although ebay offers buyer protection, I always pay through Paypal so the transfer of funds and timing of payment cannot be disputed.
I have made at least a dozen successful claims against ebay sellers who sent me the wrong thing or misrepresented their product. Their claim system works.
Also worth checking Amazon for spoilers, as they have similar buyer protection policies.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
Yunglipid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
do you think i can find the support system for under the trunk soe were? maybe GM?
Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #8
Yunglipid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I agree, sometime you can easily tell just by comparing the pictures.
Don't buy from anyone who doesn't accept returns. Although ebay offers buyer protection, I always pay through Paypal so the transfer of funds and timing of payment cannot be disputed.
I have made at least a dozen successful claims against ebay sellers who sent me the wrong thing or misrepresented their product. Their claim system works.
Also worth checking Amazon for spoilers, as they have similar buyer protection policies.
thanks this really helps
Old 03-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #9
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
I think its these guys, right?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523504
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #10
Yunglipid

the seller wants me to use 3M double sided tape to attatch the sides of the wings idk how safe i feel about that does all the wings that after market companys are selling now have to be assembled?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #11
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunglipid View Post
the seller wants me to use 3M double sided tape to attatch the sides of the wings idk how safe i feel about that does all the wings that after market companys are selling now have to be assembled?
For shipping, i'm sure thats how it works. C7's wing uses bolts. I wouldn't buy anything that required double sided tape to stick on. That's garbage.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
That wing looks ridiculous. Going to ruin the car, just my opinion, sorry.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #13
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunglipid View Post
The wings on the side will be double sided taped on. No worries there, it’s automotive grade double sided tape. There really is no way to bolt those wings on without the bolts showing. It would look pretty weird like that.

The full unit is bolted to the car using oem holes in the trunk for ss and ZL1 non 1le models.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #14
Yunglipid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMotoring View Post
The wings on the side will be double sided taped on. No worries there, it’s automotive grade double sided tape. There really is no way to bolt those wings on without the bolts showing. It would look pretty weird like that.

The full unit is bolted to the car using oem holes in the trunk for ss and ZL1 non 1le models.
Do you think I can screw it on and then have a body shop cover the screws up with something and then sanding it down and then pant it? I really don’t want to risk damaging it or can you guys send it with the screws in it?