Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #29
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
The dealer I took mine to was adamant that I had to pay $90 for the tune. I wish I had some proof back then. Why didn't they MAKE THAT CLEAR!?@?!??

I hate dealerships.

I also had a wheel crack that this dealer refused to warranty (they wanted $680 for OEM 20" wheel) so I went to another dealer 30 miles away, and they replaced it for free.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #30
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
The dealer I took mine to was adamant that I had to pay $90 for the tune. I wish I had some proof back then. Why didn't they MAKE THAT CLEAR!?@?!??

I hate dealerships.

I also had a wheel crack that this dealer refused to warranty (they wanted $680 for OEM 20" wheel) so I went to another dealer 30 miles away, and they replaced it for free.
I dont have a definite answer, but back whwn i first got into modding cars, i had a jbody. Everyone used to say, "dont go to the STEALERSHIP"...

but over the years ive noticed, one dealership that tries to make money by charging each individual an arm and a leg. Others tend to make money by helping their customers fairly, and banking on repeat business.

One can make 1000$ by charging two people that give their trust, 500$ for some things they may need and some they really dont.

Or with repeat customers, 5 people for 200$ on things they DO need and nothing more.

Some dealerships are just flat out dishonest and will take advantage of ya. Just gotta seek out the good ones!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #31
Kairles

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green LS 1LE
I really want the GM intake, Im just holding out to see if it will become CARB legal like the V8 intake has. Until then I have a K&N drop in and an Airaid intake tube on the way.
Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #32
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I've never had any issues with my Chevrolet dealership, I've been a loyal customer and use the same rep every time. Find someone good to work with and stick with them.

You get in life what you negotiate, not what you expect . Instead of calling all the dealers, make a stop by and make a quality connection. This way you don't have to spend time calling around and getting frustrated.

I see a lot of hate towards dealerships, but no one assuming any responsibility for the situation.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #33
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I see a lot of hate towards dealerships, but no one assuming any responsibility for the situation.

The dealership is responsible for the reputation they have. So the lack of them showing up to refute that reputation is not surprising, when you consider that it's almost always well deserved.

It's not on the customer to find one of the legally obligated sellers that isn't a lying or in other ways, subversive greedy douche nozzle. It's on GM in policing their franchises and on dealers in not being a living stereotype.

As a customer, your only responsibility is to not be a horrible human being and to give them money for products/services. That's it. Not to vet the franchisees.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #34
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I've never had any issues with my Chevrolet dealership, I've been a loyal customer and use the same rep every time. Find someone good to work with and stick with them.

You get in life what you negotiate, not what you expect . Instead of calling all the dealers, make a stop by and make a quality connection. This way you don't have to spend time calling around and getting frustrated.

You found a good one. Congratulations.

What makes you think we didn’t stop by?

What does “assuming any responsibility” mean?
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air intake