Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #15
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca300 View Post
I have no idea, but I'll find out. Is there a way to verify this visually myself? Thank you.
Not really since the clips are usually hidden when the part is installed. However, you can lightly push or pull on various areas to see if there is a lot of unusual movement.

I do know at the bumper corners there is a small 7mm or 7/32 inch bolt that secures the bumper end corners to the rear fender panel (1/4 panel) inside the wheel well.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #16
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
The advantage of using "their" insurance is you usually don't pay anything out of pocket.

I think you have 2 choices:

1) Call up their insurance and let them know you're extremely unsatisfied... and want to take it to another shop. Twice is more than enough tries to fix a rear bumper. This shop is incompetent and should be removed from their list of approved shops. Hopefully they send you to a different shop and it gets fixed properly.

2) Call up your insurance and have them take care of it. You might have to pay your deductible going this route (and you may or may not get reimbursed). Just explain what's going on and see what they tell you.

I would try to avoid going back to this shop again at all costs.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #17
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You will need to take the shop to court. Many body shops are reluctant to redo completed work unless you have a warranty through your insurance company (and even then some shops can give you a hard time). If you have exhausted your efforts in getting the shop to correct the errors, then court is your next option.

Good luck. Do not wait too long to take the shop to court. Some states have a short period where they will hold a shop accountable for work.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
There is good advice in the thread. The two posts above me say it in simple terms what you need to do. I wouldn't keep going back to the poor work shop.
If you file in small claims court it isn't as hard as you might expect. Go prepared, have receipts and pictures and statements by pro's.
I would start now by taking it to a good body shop. Get an estimate to make it right. That would be part of anything you do going forward, a statement by a pro of what is wrong and what needs to be done to make it right. From there you have info to present to your insurance or small claims court.
Where you stand now, you are saying something is wrong and the "pro" shop is saying nothing is wrong it is your fault. You see my point?
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #19
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Actually the stock trunk may make rub spots on its opening and I believe they put clear round tabs over the paint in two spots as just like a hood they can shift side to side ...( Hoods having bump stops with rubber pads to help on most hoods), anyway that's the best I can recall right now, once they had it looking tight they tried to please you and messed it up IMO...reusing clips and stuff are a way to insure they are cheap not the job done right, and yes you have a honey comb of plastic to absorb damage behind your rear bumper that has to in there; and everything right and tight with no damage to where they are mounted to make sure no one is just tweaking something somewhere to make it appear right when in actuality it bent something that should be made right IMO... If the trunk has bump stops on it I think they are towards the outside... And as you know the trunk lid should not really be rubbing the bumper....Good Luck.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+pic&FORM=IGRE

Tags
clips, paint rubbing, rear bumper, trunk