Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
They're still at it...but worse!

I was driving by my local dealer today, and thought I would stop and LOOK at a 2012 1LT. I haven't seen a '12 up close yet. Nice car, and it had an M/T instead of the auto in my '10. A salesman came out and started small talk, and I asked about rates, incentives etc. He said everything had to be negotiated, including incentive, which he did not know about, since each car is different. I looked at him a little sideways, since he is supposedly a salesman. He then asked if I saw their special invoice pricing. I said no, I saw nothing about invoice on the car. He took me to the MSRP, and said that the MSRP was what they paid for cars, and the actual price was on the addendum sticker. (Over $1,000 of worthless add ons) I reminded him of the truth, and he said the MSRP sticker was the actual invoice. These guys are cherry. Anyway, my previous opinion of Courtesy Chevy has now gotten lower. What a crock.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Gotta be careful out there !
Old 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Its so unfortunate that there are some people out there that believe this guys.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Ask him if he will sign legal paperwork asserting all those claims. Then watch him backpedal...

Last edited by Flashpoint135; 08-31-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: can't spell
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I would have probably purchased more new cars over my life-time were it not for the "Salesmen" at dealerships...The anxiety and frustration of dealing with some of these clowns is actually a deal killer when it comes to buying new sometimes...

How they are allowed to be completely clueless and/or allowed to be liars/rip-offs is absolutely amazing...and somehow this is accepted as normal or traditional...lol

I ordered my car through my credit union...didn't know or care who the dealership was...I'll never set foot on a car lot to buy new again...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
This is why I wish they would just make the entire dealership system go away. Just let the manufacturer sell the product straight to the customer. I flippin hate having to go through dealerships.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Years ago, and I hope places don't do this anymore, there was a Chevy dealer here that wouldn't give you any prices for their used vehicles. Their standard response was "What would you give for it?" When pressured to give me a starting price they wouldn't. Manager was a pure ?rick.

This was pre-internet & the main way to get standard pricing was hit up the library and look at the NADA book or call the bank.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
This is why I wish they would just make the entire dealership system go away. Just let the manufacturer sell the product straight to the customer. I flippin hate having to go through dealerships.
Yeah, you can go through costco which is easier but I agree. Dealerships are the worst. Nothing worse than the circle of vultures standing out front. Those are the ones I usually just do a u-turn and leave immediately.

Anytime someone hands me a paper with those four squares on it, I just want to punch them in the face.

I had a dealer once refuse to tell me the price of the car. Told me he only works by payments and that "it didn't matter". All that mattered was what my monthly payment was.

Needless to say, I didn't buy a car there.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I tried my luck in Phoenix when I was first shopping around. Spent about 5 minutes in Courtesy before I laughed in their faces and got back in the car. They had the balls to tell me they hadn't determined what their mark-up would be on the convertible since they hadn't received any yet...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Yeah, you can go through costco which is easier but I agree. Dealerships are the worst. Nothing worse than the circle of vultures standing out front. Those are the ones I usually just do a u-turn and leave immediately.

Anytime someone hands me a paper with those four squares on it, I just want to punch them in the face.

I had a dealer once refuse to tell me the price of the car. Told me he only works by payments and that "it didn't matter". All that mattered was what my monthly payment was.

Plus 1 for Costco. No negotiation and always less than MSRP. Salesman is there to take the order and then you are done with him. Very low stress. This is what I have done for both my truck and my Camaro.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
Well that's the job of a salesman, they have to do whatever they can to sell any car for the best price possible for them to make the most money. Don't hate
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I was driving by my local dealer today, and thought I would stop and LOOK at a 2012 1LT. I haven't seen a '12 up close yet. Nice car, and it had an M/T instead of the auto in my '10. A salesman came out and started small talk, and I asked about rates, incentives etc. He said everything had to be negotiated, including incentive, which he did not know about, since each car is different. I looked at him a little sideways, since he is supposedly a salesman. He then asked if I saw their special invoice pricing. I said no, I saw nothing about invoice on the car. He took me to the MSRP, and said that the MSRP was what they paid for cars, and the actual price was on the addendum sticker. (Over $1,000 of worthless add ons) I reminded him of the truth, and he said the MSRP sticker was the actual invoice. These guys are cherry. Anyway, my previous opinion of Courtesy Chevy has now gotten lower. What a crock.
I would have informed him that MSRP stands for "Manufactures SUGGESTED RETAIL Price", Not invoice. Then laughed in his face and walked off.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Sounds like the dealership where I work...we flat out LIE to people.

I bet the sales guys and sales managers would rip off their mothers to get a sale. True story.

And another thing...addendums. What a money grab they are. The dealership installs (or do they?) extras as a way to make sure you can only negotiate down to MSRP. That's a rip!
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post

We have two different dealerships....one that does the four-square, and one that doesn't. I have always strongly felt that piece of paper just wastes time and is a stupid sales ploy. Just give me the price straight up and stop jacking me around.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote