Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
ReconAntrax

Drives: White 2011 Chevrolet Camaro V6
Wink MAF Sensor/Harness/CAIntake

My brother had a 2013 Camaro and he traded it in for a new one and took off the Roto Fab Intake before trading it in. He gave me the intake so I can install it on my 2011 camaro LT/RS . I was in the process of installing it, but in the middle of it I noticed my MAF sensor is too fat for the slot in the Roto Fab MAF housing. It was weird for me since I researched and the same intake fits 2010-2015 Camaros. I looked up my car's MAF sensor and the one I have comes up, but the one that fits the intake fits the cat as well. Me trying to get the CAI installed was figuring to buy the skinny MAF sensor, but obviously noticed I would have to buy a new harness and rewire so I can make it fit. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Would buying the Harness that fits the new skinny MAF sensor and rewiring be my best option? Any recommendations or other solutions besides obviously buying another CAI with a fatter MAF Housing slot. I am new to this forum so I would appreciate the help Thanks!
ReconAntrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Chevy changed their MAF sensor in 2012, so our 2010-11 system will not work on a 2012+.

I'm sorry to say that we can't supply parts to California, or I would put together an upgrade kit for you!

Sorry again for the inconvenience,
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
ReconAntrax

Drives: White 2011 Chevrolet Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Chevy changed their MAF sensor in 2012, so our 2010-11 system will not work on a 2012+.

I'm sorry to say that we can't supply parts to California, or I would put together an upgrade kit for you!

Sorry again for the inconvenience,
Michael
On your website when searching for an intake it says it's the same one for v6 Camaros 2010-2015.. The intake is the same my brother had it on a 2013 and I have a 2011. I understand the MAF sensor is different. So I when purchasing an intake on your site do you guys send a different MAF sensor housing? Is there any site or dealer that sells just the housing or a housing with the 2011 camaro MAF fit?
ReconAntrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
We send a different MAF housing for 2012-15 intakes. Usually the customer specifies the year of their car when ordering. There are a few of our dealers on this forum. Please keep in mind that Roto-fab CAI components are not intended for sale or use in California.

Thanks,
Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold air intake, intake, maf sensor, maf sensor harness, roto fab