Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #239
Mr Pinchy

Drives: 2016 C7, 2016 370Z, Future 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by card33 View Post
You Yanks wanted it to be built in USA! lol enjoy your prices......
You really think that is the reason for the price increase, eh? Silly Canuck.
Mr Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #240
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreng View Post
Not trying to stick up for anyone but I got something a little diffrent. At the previous price point the car was still sitting in as a poor mans sports car. The new price point takes it a bit over the mark and no longer fits the class of the poor mans sports car. This in turn takes the camaro up a notch to sports car.

I see it more having to do with price class its sold in vs the actual prices. Should someone buying the 20k sonic get half the service of a 40k camaro? No not by any means. Should the person buying the camaro that is now in regular sports car class get a little bit better service then average joe buying a daily driver family car? Absolutely. Seeing that all the specialized corvette sales man I have talked to been connoisseur of fast fun cars would they not seem like the perfect fit to specialize in the camaro.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:02 PM   #241
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Becky or anyone....still inquiring about military pricing been checking GM military site but haven't fount anything . any idea about the discount?
Old 08-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #242
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
Thank goodness I'm a GM Dealer employee.... GMS price baby!
I'm a GM Employee too! #GMS #GM #Powertrain #TonawandaEnginePlant #UAW #Local774 #AmericanMade #Solidarity
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #243
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
The pricing on my used ZL1 is looking better and better....

The MRC for only $1695 is a steal...anyone who over looks this is just plain missing out....eat Del Taco for a month if you have to but get this upgrade.
I dunno, wait until you get the prices to replace those nice shocks down the road.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #244
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
This price debate is going to go on for a while.....

People will demand on this forum for a ls camaro, then Chevy will make a ls camaro and price it at like $25,000 then these people who demanded it will not buy it. It will have the psychological affect of making them think that the car is cheaper and pay the $30,000 for an lt camaro that they refused to do because it was too expensive before.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #245
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
I dunno, wait until you get the prices to replace those nice shocks down the road.
About the price as new ones via Chevy right now. Also, they last awhile
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #246
ericspt

Drives: '14 Z51 C7 SC'd, '14 S4, '15 SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
The convertible is going to be at least $7500 more based on current prices. That would make a fully loaded 2ss over $60k w/tax.

You could always buy the 1ss without leather, heated/cooled seats/steering wheel, ambient lighting, Bose audio, and HUD for only $55k w/tax.
We're looking at a convertible and I would have a hard time with 60K for the 'vert.

If the car is as good as they say it is the hardtop pricing is not out of bound.

Look at what GM did with the Corvette, 3 price increases in 2 model years and still selling a ton, they went too cheap and changed it later on.

However there are a ton of very low mileage C7 convertibles out there and when your touching 60K for a Camaro you can get an almost new C7.

My C7 has every option except 3LT which is just better leather/NAV and I drove in a 1LT the other day. We do not want 2 Corvettes but the wife wants a convertible and at 60K for a new Camaro versus a lightly used C7 that's a tough decision.

On the flip side, convertible sales are horrible, they were discounting them before they even hit the lots on the C7 and they had supplier/employee before the coupes did, so sticker and actual price paid may not match.

I bought my C7 pre-price increases and nearly fully loaded, Z51, NPP, MRC, 2LT, etc. my OTD price was $63K.

A convertible would have been $67,500.

The market opens up a lot in that price range...including the S5 convertible, 1-2 year old Boxster S, etc.

Owning 2 Audi's and a Chevy there is one big factor when your comparing prices across the board and that is service. Always a loaner, always picked up, dropped off if I want it and the service level is many steps above a Chevy dealer. When we drop off a 70K car they give us something nicer usually, compared to dropping off my Corvette and here is your Spark and that is after an endless list of excuses why they do not have a car for a loaner.

If your going to charge 60K for a Chevy I'd expect you deliver 60K service. While Becky's dealer may, she is 40 miles from us and the dealers around here are horrible.

I do not doubt they can build just as good of a car, but can they deliver the entire experience?
ericspt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #247
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
46k or so, out the door Camaro 2ss.. I guess since it comes with every options possible.. OK bargain? But, for 46k I'm going to officially start looking at used Audi s5's.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #248
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post
We're looking at a convertible and I would have a hard time with 60K for the 'vert.

If the car is as good as they say it is the hardtop pricing is not out of bound.

Look at what GM did with the Corvette, 3 price increases in 2 model years and still selling a ton, they went too cheap and changed it later on.

However there are a ton of very low mileage C7 convertibles out there and when your touching 60K for a Camaro you can get an almost new C7.

My C7 has every option except 3LT which is just better leather/NAV and I drove in a 1LT the other day. We do not want 2 Corvettes but the wife wants a convertible and at 60K for a new Camaro versus a lightly used C7 that's a tough decision.

On the flip side, convertible sales are horrible, they were discounting them before they even hit the lots on the C7 and they had supplier/employee before the coupes did, so sticker and actual price paid may not match.

I bought my C7 pre-price increases and nearly fully loaded, Z51, NPP, MRC, 2LT, etc. my OTD price was $63K.

The market opens up a lot in that price range...including the S5 convertible, 1-2 year old Boxster S, etc.

Owning 2 Audi's and a Chevy there is one big factor when your comparing prices across the board and that is service. Always a loaner, always picked up, dropped off if I want it and the service level is many steps above a Chevy dealer. When we drop off a 70K car they give us something nicer usually, compared to dropping off my Corvette and here is your Spark and that is after an endless list of excuses why they do not have a car for a loaner.

If your going to charge 60K for a Chevy I'd expect you deliver 60K service. While Becky's dealer may, she is 40 miles from us and the dealers around here are horrible.

I do not doubt they can build just as good of a car, but can they deliver the entire experience?

Last part is true.. One of the reasons I'm looking across the pond so to speak for my next car.. I barely got a bottle of water when I walked into a GM dealer last week... High class service isn't expected in these dealers..
Old 08-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #249
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

That's Me!!!

Maybe you've noticed my over 32,000 posts...?

I'm the ...
Performance / Fleet Sales Manager

And
I Deliver..NATIONWIDE!

Becky
I would have ordered from you! But unless shipping to Florida is free, I will be stretching my budget lol...
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #250
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspt View Post

Same boat, and feel the same way. We want a 2SS convertible, but as it looks like it's going to be $50k+ that opens up a lot of other options. We own Lexus / Infiniti's and you are 100% right about service, pick up and drop off has vastly made my life easier as compared to having my 03 Tundra serviced.

I've already started looking at 1-2 year old C7's. Found a couple of nice 2LT's with low mileage, one with the removable panel / targa-type top for the same money. Given I won't be ordering until next spring, I can see more falling down into that category.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #251
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Buying a car for the service after the sale is to me like marrying an ugly woman because she doesn't have a nagging mother-in-law. Sure life will be easier, those few times you would have to see her mother, but you are still married to an ugly woman you have to see everyday. Crude example I know, but remember are you buying a car to drive it and for what it can do, or buying a car to make life easier when you get the oil changed. That is why I would never let service after the sale be a deciding factor unless the cars are exactly equal in all other respects.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #252
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Anyone know what's up with these?

56V 20" Rear 5-Spoke Low Gloss Black Aluminum $200.00

Why specify "rear"?
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags