Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2014, 03:12 AM   #15
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
If I was filthy rich, sure I would.

But again, only if it was a drop in the bucket to me.

I'm sure the gentlemen who bought the car was very wealthy and not mortgaging his house over it.

If I were filthy rich.. I would donate that kind of money to wounded warriors, battered women, children in poor living conditions, or assist people on hard times.how about helping farmers that feed us? contribute to a scholarship program to educate that next great president or surgeon that with out the money would never make it to college .. Not throw money in an auction to over priced cars as I turned a blind eye to people here in our own back yard suffering as we feel it does not affect us and choose to ignore it..

Its about values.. Its a car.. and its not even made in the US..
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #16
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
The charity is fine... but me... I couldn't see myself buying that for that price tag. The z28 is different just because it's not gonna be a mass produced car and the COPO is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
it's charity, they aren't really concerned about what they're getting. people make lagre donations like that all the time. this was just done with (I'm assuming) donated cars to make it a little more fun and maybe drive the bidding up some.

your not seeing the forest for the trees
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #17
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
$300K for a Mustang. At least w/ PBS you get a mug when you make a donation.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #18
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
If I was filthy rich, sure I would.

But again, only if it was a drop in the bucket to me.

I'm sure the gentlemen who bought the car was very wealthy and not mortgaging his house over it.

If I were filthy rich.. I would donate that kind of money to wounded warriors, battered women, children in poor living conditions, or assist people on hard times.how about helping farmers that feed us? contribute to a scholarship program to educate that next great president or surgeon that with out the money would never make it to college .. Not throw money in an auction to over priced cars as I turned a blind eye to people here in our own back yard suffering as we feel it does not affect us and choose to ignore it..

Its about values.. Its a car.. and its not even made in the US..

The money did go to charity. I think you're missing the point here.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
The donation is very valid... and maybe he has a multi billion dollar business that he needs a huge donation tax write off cause he's in that car for life. If he brought it back to BJ next year... I bet it wouldn't go for half of that.

stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #20
jd10013

Quote:
The donation is very valid... and maybe he has a multi billion dollar business that he needs a huge donation tax write off cause he's in that car for life. If he brought it back to BJ next year... I bet it wouldn't go for half of that.

or maybe he's just a charitable person? I still think your missing the point. it was a charity event that used cars to raise the money. it wasn't about a car to drive, or an investment. it was charity. the car is kind of irrelevant.

sent from my dell XPS using windows 7
Old 01-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #21
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Did I just witness someone buy a 2015 5.0 for 300k?...granted it's vin 1... but it's a mass produced car... you sir.. The bidder just acquired about 275k in negative equity!! There's nothing different from the previous generation other than they somehow successfully made the ass end worse.....

People who do this do it for the tax benefits. Everything above the actual cost of the car is a tax write off and he will get it all back come tax time next year.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'm not sure half the people in here even have a job. Wile to you it's just a car some people in the world are multimillionaires multiple times over. For them to drop $300k on a charity is nothing. It doesn't matter if its the #1 mustang, camaro, or civic. They are donating money to charity. So cares that they over paid for a car? Im sure you overpaid for your camaro but your money went to the dealership instead
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #23
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
You guys are missing the point. $650k is nothing to those guys. That's why they can blow that much on a car without flinching. It's another one in a collection of dozens of cars.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I would love the z/28 #1 build even at 650,000 but honestly look at your odds, your bidding against Rick Hendricks good luck winning that game. Also anyone that says I wouldnt waste that much on a production car 1.if you could afford that car it would be in your collection of probably 10-20 cars that cost the same and you wouldn't put hardly any miles on it so what would it matter face it, it is a collector car. 2-that big price tag that comes with the car is just a tax write off (due to charity) that they can recoupe at years end so not hurting their pocket.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #25
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
People who do this do it for the tax benefits. Everything above the actual cost of the car is a tax write off and he will get it all back come tax time next year.
it's not just taxes, it's also about charitable giving. this is the kind of stuff guys like Leno will buy.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #26
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I'm not sure half the people in here even have a job. Wile to you it's just a car some people in the world are multimillionaires multiple times over. For them to drop $300k on a charity is nothing. It doesn't matter if its the #1 mustang, camaro, or civic. They are donating money to charity. So cares that they over paid for a car? Im sure you overpaid for your camaro but your money went to the dealership instead

No.. I didnt over pay for my car, mine is paid for .. details are not important ( but obviously youre uninformed).... Im sure everyone up here has a job and works hard for what they have..

If it goes to charity which I did not know.. excellent...
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
If it goes to charity which I did not know.. excellent...
The first person who replied to the thread stated that it was for charity. If I remember correctly from the broadcast, money from the 1st 2015 Mustang is going towards juvenile diabetes research. The Z/28 supported something to do with educating under privileged kids in Detroit, and the COPO proceeds went towards Wounded Warriors.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #28
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Let's also remember that this isn't just the first one built for a model year, but an entire generation. There are six generations (including the upcoming one), so 300k for a "1 of 6" car isn't all that unsurprising. Especially when charity is factored in.

Also, Sam Pack is the guy who bought it. He owns a large percentage of the dealerships throughout DFW, so it's not surprising that he would make a large donation and get a unique car out of it.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote