Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
I've had USAA for almost 20 years.

I used to have USAA on my cars and house. When I moved to Florida, they would only insure my cars because I live to close to the water. My house is 18 feet above sea level. I have five cars for two drivers.

Their homeowners insurance used to be great judging by the one claim I had with them.

I had two vehicle claims. One of the claims they gave me about a grand on diminished value on an unattended accident claim. The other claim they gave me flat book rate on a totaled car.

Thought about switching companies, but just cant bring myself to do it.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
Rctreece
2013 Victory Red LS3 Vert

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
I love USAA. I just got hit in rear by a USAA member and USAA paid for all of the repair. No depreciation
Rctreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Ok, I'm a little lost, possibly because I haven't been in an accident in 20 years but what is a diminished value claim? Last I knew you got in an accident, the insurance company fixed the car, and you moved on? Are you saying now they're supposed to give you more money after you fix it because it's worth less now that it's been in an accident? And if so, who's insurance company pays for this?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #18
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
The fact is that the accident wasn't my fault and now my car is worth less that it would have been had it not been in an accident and as tough as it is to sell a car today it will be even harder for me to sell this car now. i originally went out to buy a used camaro or challenger but was having a hard time finding one in my price range that didn't have an accident on it record so i opted to get the camaro that i have now but in the end i still ended up with something that i didn't want which was a car that has been in an accident. My wife knows how i am with things and i drive her crazy because i like things to be perfect so when i see something that is wrong it drives me crazy till i either get it perfect or i get rid of it. there are still things wrong with the car i.e. you can see the headlights shaking at night when i hit bumps, there is dirt in the clear coat, the painted stripes aren't perfect, the hood doesn't line up correctly oh and i had to pay extra on top to have the SS front end put on so that came out of my pocket. Most people that i have talked to didn't even know what diminished value was or that it even existed. BTW this was my first accident ever and it sucks so far.

http://www.autoloss.com/Services/Onl...l#.UrOcI_RDt8G

http://www.diminishedvaluevirginia.com/

http://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/index.aspx
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
If I was at USAA I would argue that the SS faciata on the 1LS is causing the mismatch. But that's just me.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Camaro View Post
If I was at USAA I would argue that the SS faciata on the 1LS is causing the mismatch. But that's just me.
And i would call BS because there is no difference in the SS bumper and the 1LT bumper other than the splitter, grills and mailbox slot and non of the differences in the bumpers would cause an alignment issue. the only part on the SS bumper that didn't match up was the bottom bolt that goes to the inner fender which the only thing i have to do to fix that issue is replace the inner fenders to the SS inner fenders and that does not cause an alignment issue. the front fenders are the original fenders but the hood doesn't sit flush with both sides anymore because the hood was pushed back and i suspect that the hood hinges were thrown out of alignment when the car was hit.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just ask any body shop what the best auto insurance is... They will all say USAA hands down.

Sure you can find cheaper, but you could end up paying for it in the long run.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Don't feel bad I only got 865 for my diminished value And the Car isn't right, but what the hell do you do. It looks good, but they, the insurance companies just don't understand.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #23
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Maybe it was just a poor choice of place to do your repairs and not your insurance.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #24
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Why did they put a SS bumper on a V6 RS???? :/
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
And i would call BS because there is no difference in the SS bumper and the 1LT bumper other than the splitter, grills and mailbox slot and non of the differences in the bumpers would cause an alignment issue. the only part on the SS bumper that didn't match up was the bottom bolt that goes to the inner fender which the only thing i have to do to fix that issue is replace the inner fenders to the SS inner fenders and that does not cause an alignment issue. the front fenders are the original fenders but the hood doesn't sit flush with both sides anymore because the hood was pushed back and i suspect that the hood hinges were thrown out of alignment when the car was hit.
Right but it's not the front fasciata for YOUR car. If I was USAA, I wouldn't do squat. Regardless if it "should" fit.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #26
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Don't feel bad. I got rear ended in July and the car is fixed and i'm fine with that but i didn't get squat for diminished value. The other guy who hit me had All State and they didn't pay me anything for dimished value. Be happy you got $900.

I wouldn't of taken the car back until the body shop got the car right. Hope you get it all sorted out in the end.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #27
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Yea, it sux but...

If you're unhappy with the repair, paint, stripes (not counting the bumper issue) then keep going back to the repair shop and stay after them. ANd let USAA know that also.
As others have said, the money theyare offering you for the fair value is probably about right.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #28
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
You will never be back to where you were before the accident, whether it be monetary, asset worth or aesthetics. Get as much as you logically can and move on, unfortunately accidents happen.

Best of luck.