Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
What's wrong with someone leaning on the car? The clothes aren't going to damage it. (:

Off topic but pearland eh? Y'all ready for the beatdown Allen is gonna hand out Saturday? LOL
My daughter was supposed to go but her ride flaked out!! She wanted me to take her and I asked for gas money!!! She's not too happy with mom!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
I worked with a guy 20 years ago that used to say "If they wanted you to touch the paint, they'd have painted the handles!" That of course was back when the handles were all either black plastic or chrome. I thought it was a great line.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Both of my EX"S were that way IT"S just a CAR drive the hell out of it and never take care or wash it :( I was like WHAT?????? I guess why they are EX"S <<<< LOL >>> Never ever never ever never ever will I Marry again The 11th Commandment is "THOU shault Never Marry AGAIN" <<<< LOL >>>>
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #18
HollyVenus

Oh shortbus That's a great line too bad it won't work now days!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post

My daughter was supposed to go but her ride flaked out!! She wanted me to take her and I asked for gas money!!! She's not too happy with mom!
They're going to beat the brakes off y'all! (Pun intended)
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
yes, you arent the "average" girl, only 4 pair of shoes and you care about your car! lol. but, i would park far enough away so as to prevent anyone from getting near it.
i am just an anal about my car, dont want anyone touching or getting near it. when i drive, i park 100 miles away from everyone. i still do that even with my old 98 Firebird. i dont want door dings, nor do i want to ding anyone else.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
Hah! Just a car... Sounds like something someone with a shit car would say...
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SEEN a SIGN on a car at a CAR show SAID << "Unless your 36/24/36 and Naked please don't touch the CAR" LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #23
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
yes, you arent the "average" girl, only 4 pair of shoes and you care about your car! lol. but, i would park far enough away so as to prevent anyone from getting near it.
i am just an anal about my car, dont want anyone touching or getting near it. when i drive, i park 100 miles away from everyone. i still do that even with my old 98 Firebird. i dont want door dings, nor do i want to ding anyone else.
Unfortunately I can't park this far away our parking lot barely holds all our cars but I do park it right in front of my window at the office!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I came out of work once and saw a guy leaning on my car. I was fuming got close enough to him and made a smart-ass comment like what's that a V8? knowing full well it's a V6 and mine. He smirks and says yeah buddy want a ride? . Then I popped the trunk and told him no thanks I'll just take her myself and please don't lean on my car.

The nerve of the guy trying to pass it off as his own

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #25
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Be careful being aggressive in these types of situations guys. Grabbing people's arms and talking smack these days could land you in the hospital.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #26
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
That is pretty rude and I would have been pissed off to.

I was a pre-order guy and I have an R6P Camaro that was delivered in June 2009. When I got my black SS I had never seen another Camaro on the road. Everyone turned their head to see it, everywhere I went people would stop and ask me questions. So many compliments even from a couple that were in their 80's loved it. I had people that followed me on the road just so they could talk to me about the car when I stopped. For the first year or so every single time I was @ the gas station someone would walk up and ask me questions about the car. Several times there was actually a crowd around my car. The attention did get a little old but in the same sense it was so cool having something that hardly no one had yet.

My point was back then it wasn't just a car, it was special in every way possible and hardly no one had seen one in real life. The picture below was at a local fair in July 2009 and I had the car for about a month. Obviously there was no other Camaro's @ this fair and people were standing in line to see it. At one time my daughter counted 54 people that had surrounded the car. Literally a hundred questions....wow that was really special!

Now....I have done the mods that I wanted to make the car exactly like I wanted it. No question the car is special to me but with so many of them being on the road I'm afraid it really is "just a car" to most people. I still get an occasional compliment because of the mod's I've done but nothing like it used to be. There are so many Camaro's in my area and they are all special because they are personalized and rarely will you find 2 that are alike unless they are totally stock. My car is no more special than anyone elses in my opinion, but it's MY CAR and I will never sell it!

Russ
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
Someone said that to me when we were in a "park far away from people" discussion, Of course they dont drive a $40,000 car. Even so, my 16 year old son has a 2001 camaro, at school some tool who was never taught better threw his duffle bag on my sons car, my son threw it across the lot and gave him an earful! Go son!
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Well to me it is just a car as any car is. The problem is the its your car and not the ass hat the stuck his boot on it. It's a shame that so many people these days have no respect for others.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote