Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #15
GetInTheCar
...and just go

Drives: 2010 2LT Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Where do they find these journalist? If they can't see out of the windows of the coupe they need to find a new job!!
Or learn how to adjust their mirrors correctly.
GetInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #16
Mike 2SS-ZL1

Drives: 89' Camaro IROC-Z28 Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike 2SS-ZL1
In 09.2011 come the Camaro official to Europe and my target is the 2SS/RS all inkl. Convertible. But the question is, give't also a ZL1 Convertible in the future? We will see.
I'll wait how goes further with the ZL1 Version. A ZL1 Convertible is the absolut Dream.
Mike 2SS-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
The car is not a Prius where you cannot see the 360 in all directions. It's a camaro, designed for those who KNOW how to drive a car. When I pull out of my garage and down my driveway, I curl to the left so I can see cars coming around the corner well before I pull out. The front windshield is slim, yes, but you CAN see fine. It's not a car made for amateurs.

The bottom line is, I'm GLAD people complain about the Camaro like that. Because it keeps all the people who don't know how to drive out of it. It's a sports car, not an economy car and if you want the best sports car, with the best styling, you buy it. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I don't feel like there are any limitations that other cars don't have as well. If they were to open up the window view all around it would be the Prius which about the dumbest, un-sexy car I have every seen. It's etrocious to look at and I feel sorry for the idiots that buy it. I tend to rev my engine like an animal when I drive past them sometimes when I'm feeling awnry just to piss them off.

Don't listen to idiots. Go drive one for yourself and make your own decision. I adjusted quickly to the change from my old car, and whenever you get in ANY car, you find blind spots that weren't in your previous car. You adjust.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Amen, SS crush! I couldn't have said it better.

babaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
I don't get it, why is everyone wining about the interior?? Why are the winers always looking for bling and shiny knobs and chrome trim. I like the interior because its toned down and functional and its very comfortable. Some even complain about the view out, I don't seem to have a problem, I can back it up, look left right forward etc. I think its only because its a GM product, no one can complain about the body so they have to complain about something, and remember the republicans and a large portion of the population wanted to see GM and chrysler go under so they could sell more Toyotas. Mitch McConnell republican from Kentucky is a prime example on wanting GM to fail so he could get kickbacks for assembling more Toyotas in his Kentucky assembly plant.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #20
SS Crush

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
Send a message via MSN to SS Crush
Percy... That makes total sense. What a world we live in. Scums. It's the normal people that still care that cars like the Camaro are still alive. I can't even put the Corvette in the same class because people who don't know how to drive cars buy them. Not saying all, but most. i see it in my father's corvette club. A bunch of old timers or rich computer nerds that have coin and buy them as trophy's. I bought this car because it is bad ass. Add an aftermarket exhaust and it growls at the eletric cars like a dog in a cartoon. The interior is awesome. Exactly what you expect, plus all the bells and whistles (hidden real well to keep it simple) if you pickup the 2SS.

My thought is whatever to all the haters out there. It's the best car in it's class, they did an outstanding job engineering it, and even my service manager told me this is the best car Chevy ever made mechanically. It is NEVER in his shop for repairs except for a factory mistake every once and a while. He told me, you have a great car and you should be proud that it's gonna last.
2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS - 25% 3M Tint, SS Emblems F/R, Painted Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Taillight Bezels, Technostalgia Taillights, P13W Fog/DRL lights, DRL Harness, Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX, PAC Radio Kit, Pioneer cam (sux), Blue Footwell, Blue Map & Trunk Light, EPCO Orange Camaro SS Rally Shift Knob, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Skip-Shift Eliminator, K/N, G2 Painted Calipers, StopTech slotted rotors, pads & stainless lines, Beltronics Ticket Notifier
SS Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
The car is not a Prius where you cannot see the 360 in all directions. It's a camaro, designed for those who KNOW how to drive a car. When I pull out of my garage and down my driveway, I curl to the left so I can see cars coming around the corner well before I pull out. The front windshield is slim, yes, but you CAN see fine. It's not a car made for amateurs.

The bottom line is, I'm GLAD people complain about the Camaro like that. Because it keeps all the people who don't know how to drive out of it. It's a sports car, not an economy car and if you want the best sports car, with the best styling, you buy it. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I don't feel like there are any limitations that other cars don't have as well. If they were to open up the window view all around it would be the Prius which about the dumbest, un-sexy car I have every seen. It's etrocious to look at and I feel sorry for the idiots that buy it. I tend to rev my engine like an animal when I drive past them sometimes when I'm feeling awnry just to piss them off.

Don't listen to idiots. Go drive one for yourself and make your own decision. I adjusted quickly to the change from my old car, and whenever you get in ANY car, you find blind spots that weren't in your previous car. You adjust.
I think every 5th Gen owner agrees with you 100%.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Crush View Post
I can't even put the Corvette in the same class because people who don't know how to drive cars buy them. Not saying all, but most. i see it in my father's corvette club. A bunch of old timers or rich computer nerds that have coin and buy them as trophy's.

Good thing I know how to drive, and that I'm not an "old timer", or I'd take offence to this...
Unfortunately, you are correct.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #23
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I think most journalists try to be objective but there have been some recent reviews that have bordered on stupidity. I remember last year's C&D's first review of the V6 Camaro VS Hyundai V6 Genesis coupe. Though the Genesis was a tick faster they picked the Camaro as the winner. It drove better they said. Everyone seemed so enamored with the new Camaro.

A year later the Camaro is now an annoying cartoonish design the stupidest car ever made according to Top Car as they compared it with an AMG Mercedes that costs nearly 3x the price of an SS and just barely edges it in any performance category. I'll let them choke on the irony of their words juxtaposed against their comparison test. Where did it all go wrong for these people?

These are the same "jounalists" who slobbered and drooled all over the original Camaro concept and pleaded so loudly that Chevy not change a thing. Lutz obliged and did not change a thing.

I was at the LA Auto show in 06 on the day that many publications were there. I remember it well. It was adjacent to the VW display and by far had the most attention of any vehicle at the auto show. I regularly attend auto shows and i don't ever recall a car display garnering more attention. Maybe the Bugatti Veyron comes close but thats it.

I talked briefly with some guys with Motor Trend credentials and they were very fired up about the Camaro. One of them made the comment-and I paraphrase: "I just hope they have the balls to not screw with it and try and make it more practical like they always do." (emphasizing the word 'practical' with air quotes and sarcasm) There were others from Car and Driver and Hot Rod and Automobile echoing the "don't change a thing" mantra. It just seems a bit disingenuous on their part to later complain so loudly about the design when previously they begged for it not to be changed.

To me their credibility is rapidly dimishishing.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
cheusinger

Drives: 1969 Malibu, 2002 Impala LS
Can't wait for mine! Ordered it on 15 January. Still waiting for dealership allocation :(