Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #435
SS Camaro Freak

Drives: 2016 Gen 6 SS 6spd
That is in SAE correction Factor and you are Uncorrected.

We would have to compare in the same correction factor at a minimum.

Can you have them provide yours in SAE, simple click in Winpep.
SS Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 AM   #436
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Ahhh. Do you know why they would have done them differently at the same shop? I'm about to go to another shop with another Dynojet for some additional work so I'll have more information on mine.

Here is my baseline and final. Different settings on the top right of the chart. Could this be used to over inflate my final numbers?
Attached Images

2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #437
Joe's_cool_1le

I may have jumped the gun on that last question... After reading it looks like uncorrected is true numbers for those conditions and SAE sets the environment to 77 temp, pressure, and 0 humidity. Could actually swing the numbers the other way. Still would have been nice to have a single setting on both runs.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 06-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #438
SS Camaro Freak

Looks like the before and after are in the same correction factor. That is what matters.

Going to another shop won't prove anything as Dynos are used as instruments of tuning.

You could read higher, lower or the same.

Why wouldn't you go to the same shop?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #439
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Here is my baseline and final. Different settings on the top right of the chart. Could this be used to over inflate my final numbers?
Looks like your stock run when SAE corrected reported a lower number than it was actually making. That means that when the test was done, either temperature was low, pressure high, or humidity low (or some combo thereof) relative to the 'normal' conditions the factor applies.

Your shop definitely should have printed your comparison sheet in SAE to account for the different test days.
wnta1ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #440
SS Camaro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Looks like your stock run when SAE corrected reported a lower number than it was actually making. That means that when the test was done, either temperature was low, pressure high, or humidity low (or some combo thereof) relative to the 'normal' conditions the factor applies.

Your shop definitely should have printed your comparison sheet in SAE to account for the different test days.
The shop can reprint the dyno graphs if they save a log in any correction factor.

I would just contact them and get them in SAE.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #441
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Camaro Freak View Post
The shop can reprint the dyno graphs if they save a log in any correction factor.

I would just contact them and get them in SAE.
It's all good. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting. I was surprised to see different settings on my baseline and final dyno's.

I was mainly surprised about the difference between my Whipple and the ZL1 on the same dyno. I'm truly not a numbers guy but I don't want my numbers to be misleading as well. When you have a baseline and your final that's really what's needed.

On going to another shop - We have a few shops in the area that are considered really good and I would like to compare work and customer service but not dyno's. However when I get the next shop to install my headers, exhaust, and pulley I'll be looking to get a baseline and final result too. Just so I know how the equipment performed.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #442
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
First I have to say this is not a knock on the ZL1's. However I was surprised to see the baseline on the same dyno that I used and the same environment. It was 20hp less then my Whipple but over 50TQ. I truly thought I would be closer to even with the ZL1 but it could also be that the ZL1 has a conservative tune.

The shop is doing Kooks-ATI-AEM and guessing a custom tune. I'll be curious to see the final numbers. I would guess well into the 600's easy.

I know the ZL1 and 1LE are not sharing all the same components so it should definitely be able to push the envelope a bit further.

The build. Heard it's not local per their Facebook page.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138619...57684513435086
His blower is smaller, his fuel is stronger. You could actually out power him with your set up on all fronts.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #443
Joe's_cool_1le

Just a little update! Received my headers over a week ago (granted not coated as I ordered them) but still up in the air as to when they'll be sending me the Kooks 3" exhaust w/ hiflo. Hopefully this coming week.
It was a great weekend here in Va Beach so I was able to get her all dolled up and drive beat her up all weekend. A bit hot though. Hit 100 degrees per the car but she didn't miss a step.

Side not. I really think I'm going to by one of those master blasters for drying the car and a foam cannon/power washer. Soooo not liking touching the a black car with anything!

I hope everyones was good too.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #444
Joe's_cool_1le

Ok people... Next stage is about to happen. I have my Kooks headers being ceramic coated black (one coat inside and two coats outside). Picking them up this week and dropping the car off @ virginiaspeed to have the Kooks headers, 3" inch Kooks exhaust w/ HiFlo cats installed next week. They might throw on the smaller pulley and give her a go. Now I'll have the sound to go with power... And maybe a few extra ponies to go with it.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #445
Joe's_cool_1le

Coated and being installed.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #446
zryan

Drives: 1973 z28 Rs, 2018 SS 1LE
With the new headers what will you have at the rear wheels? Thinking of following your mod path.
zryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #447
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryan View Post
With the new headers what will you have at the rear wheels? Thinking of following your mod path.
Va Speed is installing the headers, 3" kooks exhaust, and a smaller pulley. I'd guess between 600-650 to the wheels. Will know this week. Below is a link that they continue to upload photo's to.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138619...h/34733771784/
Old 06-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #448
Joe's_cool_1le

That was quick!
Attached Images