Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #29
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I hate to be the wet blanket, but why would you bother buying a 2016 this late? There are a lot of examples of 6th gens taking up to a $10k depreciation hit after the first couple thousand miles, especially cars like this one stocked with NPP and extras which don't affect resale value as much as you'd think. There are already a good number of lightly used vehicles on the market at this point. Orders for 2017 go up in April.

Not to be a downer, but if you're already in debt, this is a really horrible, horrible investment.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #30
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I hate to be the wet blanket, but why would you bother buying a 2016 this late? There are a lot of examples of 6th gens taking up to a $10k depreciation hit after the first couple thousand miles, especially cars like this one stocked with NPP and extras which don't affect resale value as much as you'd think. There are already a good number of lightly used vehicles on the market at this point. Orders for 2017 go up in April.

Not to be a downer, but if you're already in debt, this is a really horrible, horrible investment.
I'm taking a small bath in order to get into the '16 Camaro. I figure this is going to be a car I keep for a long time. It'll be worth it in the end.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #31
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

One reason would be to get a better deal. The depreciation is not going to make much of a difference regardless if it a 2016 or 2017. They are both going to drop like a rock, they are new cars. But you can get a better deal if you pickup an end of year model. For example, if a 2016 is sitting on the lot and has an MSRP of 45k and they willing to let it go for 38K vs. a new 2017 with no changes for 45k and they sell it for 42k.

I understand that the 2017 with the newer birth certificate will help slow the depreciation slightly but it is only relevant if someone was looking to get out of the car in a few years. If they plan to keep the car for the life of the loan then what does it really matter? In 5 or 6 years both of these cars are going to be worth less than 20K anyways. Condition, mileage, etc. will play a more significant role at that point.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #32
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
Save 5 grand bt now and jan/feb 2017, then buy a '17 model put your trade down, original cash down + the extra 5 grand you saved and then calm down with the mod bug and keep the car at least 3 yrs after you pay it off.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #33
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxmustang View Post
One that that blew me away was the tiny little LOL steering wheel. Maybe thats normal to camaros, but it seemed like a little indy car wheel. Nothing wrong with it, but I had never seen one like it.

And the price and payments are nothing for me. Just the thought of not having a car payment for the last two years, and then diving back in is scary. And then theres the mod bug. This time around I dont plan on lying to myself. There will be mods, lots of them. I was test driving trucks earlier in the day(practicality lol), and none of them wowed me like this camaro. I drove a 2015 charger SRT yesterday too and it was awesome. BUT HUGE. I dont know what Im going to do yet, but this car is at the top of the list.
The 2016 Camaro uses the same steering wheel as the Vette. I like it.
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote