Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #2143
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
But most tracks consist of straight and turns, so if all the Camaro has to do is not get passed in a corner and it'll out muscle the Mustang once it hits a straight. And since most tracks start off straight then turn, the Camaro will end up in front going into the first turn. And it hasn't won almost all the comparo's it's about 50/50 and in most of those cases it only edged out the Camaro in cornering and subjective things like "fun to drive."

You are speaking of the Car and driver article, FYI if you took fun to drive and gotta have it out of their equation, the Mustang still would have one and the Camaro would have actually been behind the CHallenger too, so the Gotta have it and fun to drive actualy saved the Camaro.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #2144
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
You know some of the arguement's on here remind me of Nascar and how even though one's Chevy and another is Ford they are still basically the same car. And when someone win's a race it has to do with how well your car is dialed in and how good of a driver you are. And nothing to do with the car it represent's.

FYI I'm sure some of you dont care but did you know that they will be racing the Mustang's in Nascar. I believe it will be in one race this year on like November 2 and then used next season if I remember correctly.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #2145
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Since there is no such thing as a 2011 Camaro or Mustang....who cares.
How do we know the 3.6 v6 Camaro won't have a bump in power anyway?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #2146
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
Since there is no such thing as a 2011 Camaro or Mustang....who cares.
How do we know the 3.6 v6 Camaro won't have a bump in power anyway?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #2147
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
9 times out of 10 that would be correct

And the thread continues
Yeah if 9 out of 10 those tracks were nothing but a long curve.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #2148
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Hmmm.....the GT won this one with the Camaro

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...tang_gt_page_4
the camaro is winning ALMOST every comparison test, there r a few where the stang wins. and im not saying its not a nice car. the camaros just better. and the GT only wins in handling wen u pay extra for a track pack. stock for stock the camaro wins
Old 10-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #2149
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
the camaro is winning ALMOST every comparison test, there r a few where the stang wins.
I counted four wins for the Mustang more or less off of the top of my head earlier in this thread, so saying the Camaro is winning almost all of the comparisons is stretching it to be kind. In fact, if we look exclusively at the big four auto rags...C&C, R&T, MT, and Automobile, Mustang took three of four, none too shabby. No slight to the Camaro here since she has won her fair share, but it's good to give credit where it is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro
and im not saying its not a nice car. the camaros just better.
Opinions are great, but as we can see in C&D, R&T, and Automobile not everyone agrees...different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro
and the GT only wins in handling wen u pay extra for a track pack. stock for stock the camaro wins
I think you meant to say 'base for base' Camaro wins since, a Track Pack equipped Mustang is indeed 'stock'. Again, according to who. Very few Mustangs have been tested without the Track Pack thus far so we have no idea how a comparison involving a lesser model might turn out.

The Camaro does alright on it's own merit, there is no need to skew the results with home cooking to help it out.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #2150
a_Username

The only reason why it is winning those comparisons is because it is winning on handling (not the technical handling, but mostly the feel of the car) and looks, both of which are subjective. We all know which is the faster of the two, rather it be around a track or in a straight line. However, unless GM is keeping something for next year secret, then the new GT will appear to outdo next year's SS.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:11 AM   #2151
MaxLegroom

Drives: 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Send a message via Yahoo to MaxLegroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I counted four wins for the Mustang more or less off of the top of my head earlier in this thread, so saying the Camaro is winning almost all of the comparisons is stretching it to be kind. In fact, if we look exclusively at the big four auto rags...C&C, R&T, MT, and Automobile, Mustang took three of four, none too shabby. No slight to the Camaro here since she has won her fair share, but it's good to give credit where it is due.

Opinions are great, but as we can see in C&D, R&T, and Automobile not everyone agrees...different strokes for different folks.

I think you meant to say 'base for base' Camaro wins since, a Track Pack equipped Mustang is indeed 'stock'. Again, according to who. Very few Mustangs have been tested without the Track Pack thus far so we have no idea how a comparison involving a lesser model might turn out.

The Camaro does alright on it's own merit, there is no need to skew the results with home cooking to help it out.
You have a point about the comparison tests, there's a real fight going on here. While it may be cool for Ford to send the magazines a Track Pack car to test, do try finding one on the lot at your nearest Ford dealer. I didn't manage to do so, but I did find plenty of GTs with the 3.73 rear axle that allows it to stay with the SS in a drag race. It is optional, if you haven't noticed, and without it, the GT will perform much like the Bullitt which had pretty much the same engine parts.

As for the V6 Mustang, if it really will have that much power, it is a real threat to GT sales, and will eat into profit margins if they don't also do something about the GT powertrains.

I was planning to buy a V6 Camaro, and will still probably do so, as the Mustang doesn't quite seem the steal that the Camaro is.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #2152
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLegroom View Post
As for the V6 Mustang, if it really will have that much power, it is a real threat to GT sales, and will eat into profit margins if they don't also do something about the GT powertrains.
You're kidding right? The GT is 'rumored' to be getting a 400hp 5.0L. The V6 isn't going to hurt sales at all.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #2153
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
New news about the coming 5.0

It is apparently going to get 425hp. The source is actually someone in the Ford camp.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #2154
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
[QUOTE=MaxLegroom;1070246
QUOTE]

That hasn't happened in 45 yrs and I have serious doubts that it will start now. That's actually very funny.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #2155
a_Username

Quote:
New news about the coming 5.0

It is apparently going to get 425hp. The source is actually someone in the Ford camp.
Link? Or is this someone off of a forum?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #2156
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Hotwheels Mustang and Camaro reveal...

http://www.hotwheelsmustang.com/

Apparently in addition to Shevyman's Camaro, they are also doing a wide body Mustang... both will be revealed on the same day...

Closed Thread