Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
He thought he had me.

My wife and I are driving thru Brunswick county in southren Virginia today, a notorious speed trap location. Shortly after the county line I tell her that a cop will be in the median behind the hill just ahead unless he has someone pulled over down the road. The speed limit is 55 and I got 54 set on the CC. Two marked cars are there and one pulls out just as I go bye. I tell my wife he better not turn his lights on, just before he does. I'm thinking wtf and my wife says "your in a Camaro". Then it hit me, Va has a 50% tint limit unless you have a waiver from doctor to DMV. I've had several detached retinas and got the waiver for 35% and it says Sunshading on my registration. He asked me to put the window up some and takes the reading after getting my license and registration. He says I am at 32 and only allowed 50 and starts back to his car to write ticket. I tell him I got sunshading and then he see' s it. He asked if I had a doctor's note and I said I had to have one to get it on my registration. Then he wants to know why I need it and I told him about the surgeries. Really got the feeling he wrote a number of tickets for this but never seen a waiver before. Tells me to have a nice day. Glad I had my documents handy in the clip on the center console lid that I recently found out about on here. Also want to warn anyone who might ever drive on 58 which runs east to west in southren Va. When going thru Brunswick county. I got a speeding ticket there a few years back and have seen people pulled for only doing about 5 mph over.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
fig88

Drives: 2015 1LE
i got pulled over for mine at home and they did the test and told me to change my tint because it was too dark. No ticket! glad you were good to!
fig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
captaincog

Drives: 1971 350RS/SS 4sp
1971 RS/SS 350 4 speed Teal Green
captaincog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Tbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmaro10 View Post
i got pulled over for mine at home and they did the test and told me to change my tint because it was too dark. No ticket! glad you were good to!
Seems like no one gets warnings around here anymore since the economy went down and municipalities are hurting for revenue.:Cry:
Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Have a doctors note laminated in the glove box for this reason alone
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #6
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
I would've told him "it's none of your goddamn business" when he asked about my medical issues. All he needs to know is that I have a waiver.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Ohhh the commonwealth of Virginia... lived there from '74-'95, and i go back twice a year. The police there don't play. Never had tint though; i thought you just got a "tear off" ticket which was expunged once your tore off the tint. Anyhoo... tough state to speed as they clock you from the air as well. Glad to hear your case turned out ok
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #8
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
How the officer knows you are telling the truth. You tell him "it's none of your goddamn business" he just say ok, He then hands your ticket says tell to the Judge and have a good day.
Or you show him your waiver from a doctor/DMV that says that you require it and he can't give you a ticket...

but yeah sure, it's his business what medical conditions you have.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
Quote:
How the officer knows you are telling the truth. You tell him "it's none of your goddamn business" he just say ok, He then hands your ticket says tell to the Judge and have a good day.

a good cop can always find a way to give you a ticket, best thinf to do is be polite
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
Tbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
I would've told him "it's none of your goddamn business" when he asked about my medical issues. All he needs to know is that I have a waiver.
Ha Ha, my wife was concerned I might have that attitude. They don't play around in Virginia, I'd probably be in jail. Probably would of got a ticket for being at 32% instead of 35. Also have a small cross hanging on my mirror which is illegal. (anything on mirror) Every time I get a vehicle inspected it's laying on the seat when I leave. I'm sure he would of got me for something. Radar detectors are illegal here too. (don't have one). We have a lot of strict laws that are not enforced all over, just need to be on your P' s and Q' s in Brunswick county. I was in Florida recently and amazed how fast people were driving on the interstate and barely ever saw a trooper.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
a good cop can always find a way to give you a ticket, best thinf to do is be polite
Best thing a good cop can do is not pull you when you are not speeding.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
swizlstik

Quote:
Ummm, he showed him the waiver......
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Not something that a cop should be allowed to pull someone over to begin with.Stopping on the side of the road is far more dangerous than tinted windows that are slightly too dark. Yeah, get them when they are caught speeding, running lights, driving wreck-less but don't be a prick.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #14
swizlstik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
Yeah, get them when they are caught speeding, running lights, driving wreck-less but don't be a prick.