Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
HOW TO; Compensating for blind spots

When you wish to change lanes to the right, you will encounter a certain degree of visibility impairment in a Camaro. To some, this is easily overcome through the correct use of mirrors and proper "over the shoulder" glances.

However, others are apparently unable to overcome this visibility issue. Therefore, I present the "compensation" method.

When attempting a right lane change, first, signal your intent. Next, slowly begin to weave within your own lane. This will alert other drivers to the idea that there may be a driver with "issues," and in this case, it's "visibility issues." In any case, other vehicles should begin to scatter.

Next, take a sharp "fake." Swerve abruptly, AS IF you are changing lanes. Do this once... should get most remaining cars out of the way. Make a second fake: If anybody hasn't dropped out of the race at this point, a crash is on them. Finally, third time, crank the wheel... and try to chirp the tires in doing so, as one final AUDIBLE warning that a Camaro is coming over.

This usually works. However, "usually" is not an absolute term: "Usually" leaves room for the occasional "sometimes," and, sometimes, you'll clip somebody. Fortunately, the Camaro is a very stable car, so, if you are prepared, you will be able to recover. Don't worry about "the other guy..." I'm sure he can take care of himself, and he probably has uninsured motorist coverage, which usually covers hit and run cases. It is highly recommended that you practice this by getting involved in high speed police chases, and allowing yourself to be PITted... the Police Intervention Technique made famous on the TV news out of Southern California. If you can beat a PIT maneuver, you should be able to handle most lane change collisions.

Good luck!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Honestly thats reckless driving. And you would be lucky not to get a ticket if a cop was around. I know your trying to help but I think this is bad advise and could actually cause a accident. Not trying to flame you but safety first.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
dwinva

Drives: 13 2SS/RSvert,CRT,dual-mode exhaust
I believe this was a satirical post in regards to what turned into a lenthy thread earlier today about adjusting mirrors.
dwinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
BrandonB956

Drives: RS (11/15/10)
WINN

Nov.15th 2010 -- Check out my build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116235
BrandonB956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinva View Post
I believe this was a satirical post in regards to what turned into a lenthy thread earlier today about adjusting mirrors.
Ah. My bad
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote