Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
When do the '16s come out?

Anyone know when the 2016s will be on dealer lots and available for lease? None of my dealers seem to know when, but I've heard various rumors.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
December/January
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
December/January
It'll be on dealer lots before January for sure. I'd say they will trickle in sometime in November at latest.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I would watch for dealerships to get some training on the new cars. That shouldn't be to much longer I would think. When the S550 came out, some people saw the training cars at the dealership and had an opportunity to see the cars then.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #5
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Im betting late December, at best for any dealer INVENTORY. All the customers orders will come 1st.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Im betting late December, at best for any dealer INVENTORY. All the customers orders will come 1st.
Retail sold orders are built along with retail stock and fleet orders, unless, of course, Chevy has completely changed the way it schedules builds.

And it has not so changed.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
ChefBorOzzy

Some of you that have ordered will be upset when people walk onto the lot and get theirs before you.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #8
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Early November for orders placed.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #9
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Sure, Im sure you will be able to walk onto a lot end of December for a NON-SS model. But those do not concern me, so honestly, I didnt even think about them. My bad. The SS's wont be sitting on any lots as inventory(to be FOUND, anyway) until end of December, at best. Thats my bet. But, I dont mind being wrong, if it gets more on the street!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
ChefBorOzzy

I'm guessing and hoping you're wrong.. Just as the Mustang people were upset that people were picking up GT models from dealer.. My buddy ordered in may and got his EARLY December.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #11
laborsmith

Probably pre-ordered in May.

My guess is at least one LT will be built for each SS, and eight SS builds will be retail sold for one LT retail sold. But the first few weeks of builds, no matter LT or SS or retail or stock or fleet sold, will all be shipping about the same time.

Laborsmith
Old 10-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #12
jimmie

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i / 2016 Colorado
To put this in perspective...

The "all new" 1970 Camaro was not available until February of that year!

Let's hope this model doesn't trump the 70's lag time.
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I'm guessing and hoping you're wrong.. Just as the Mustang people were upset that people were picking up GT models from dealer.. My buddy ordered in may and got his EARLY December.
Welcome to the world of allocations.

But first, remember 2 things. 1) The manufactures customer is the dealership. 2) The dealerships customer is you. So when you have to wait for a car you ordered, keep in mind that the dealership is also waiting for a car they ordered.

Anyway, allocation. As best I understand it, each dealership is estimated to sell a certain number of each model per month so the manufacturer earmarks them for a certain number of orders each month. This is their allocation. If a dealer accepts 20 orders, but only has 3 build-slots available each month it will take 7 months for them to get all their orders through the system. On the other hand, if somebody else only has 2 orders for 3 slots ... you could have been the 3rd & got your car right away instead of them ordering one for themselves to sit on the lot.

The allocation system is setup to allow fairness to all dealers. I'm pretty sure that at one point I read that allocation numbers are based on a wide variety of factors including past sales by that dealer, market demographics, and sales of similar vehicles in that area. Its done to prevent manufacturers from giving certain dealerships a disproportionate number of profitable/quick to sell cars. Its not a perfect predictor, but so long as there exists more than 1 dealership per manufacturer ... some system is needed to fairly divy up production between them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #14
laborsmith

DGthe3: because several years passed after the end of Gen4 and the start of Gen5, that was how allocations was determined for Gen5. Not to mention GM halved the number of Chevrolet dealerships, ostensibly as part of the bankruptcy. Yes, I am a cynic.

Allocation in general is simpler, easier to determine, and, most important, are based on a particular vehicle line sales a particular dealer delivered in the previous model year.

There are a few exceptions, but each only proves the rule. What must be remembered is that allocations are defendable in a court of law. Forget that and the system makes no sense.

I am not defending the system. I have in fact come up with what I thought were better systems, posted them on forums, and watched as each was picked apart. For most models the allocation system is not even noticeable. For the Corvette, and to a lessor extent the Camaro, it is noticeable and when noticed can generate a ton of hostile posts.

But hostile posts are not probative evidence in a court of law and numbers (sales figures) most definitely are.

Laborsmith