Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #15
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Mustang needed it to do burnouts. With the Camaro they decided to go a different route and give the car torque instead.

IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Mustang needed it to do burnouts. With the Camaro they decided to go a different route and give the car torque instead.

SNAP!!!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love2 View Post
IMO, leave the car alone. The engineers have designed a great street car with drag racing and track capabilities. My husband loves to mod and then one mod leads to another and then something tears up that has to be fixed then another thing. It is a never ending vicious cycle. Not only that, but when you mod a car you bring down the value of the car if you decide to sell it. I have seen it time and time again at the track. If you want a car that is awesome, get all of the options including the dealer installed six piston brakes. I keep my cars stock and they are all awesome. If you want to build a faster car, then get a cheap piece of crap light weight car and start from scratch with the same money that you would buy a brand new car with and mod it.
I agree. I can't understand why people enjoy tearing the sh*t out of these cars.
They say it's fun? I guess like they say "whatever floats your boat" Just keep
your checkbook handy.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 SS;2010 Camaro SS/RS; 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I agree. I can't understand why people enjoy tearing the sh*t out of these cars.
They say it's fun? I guess like they say "whatever floats your boat" Just keep
your checkbook handy.

There are a lot of people who encourage people to drive stupid and wouldn't do the same thing to their own cars. In fact, when I was at Spring Mountain Corvette Driving School, we had a couple of Z06 owners who were all about ripping the rubber off their cars and being hard on them. By mid day on Day 2, they were having a discussion about how they wouldn't take their cars to the track because they didn't want to tear them up. They were all badass and talk when they were in the school's cars, but then when it was their own cars, they babied them. Be weary of someone who talks sh*t about the way they drive. They aren't the ones who are going to replace your tires, which aren't cheap if you get good ones. My tires are about $3,000 a set and only go for about 3,000 miles. I am not going to unnecessarily going to burn tread off of them for kicks and giggles. I save that tread for a track.
Dr. Love2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:58 AM   #19
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love2 View Post
There are a lot of people who encourage people to drive stupid and wouldn't do the same thing to their own cars. In fact, when I was at Spring Mountain Corvette Driving School, we had a couple of Z06 owners who were all about ripping the rubber off their cars and being hard on them. By mid day on Day 2, they were having a discussion about how they wouldn't take their cars to the track because they didn't want to tear them up. They were all badass and talk when they were in the school's cars, but then when it was their own cars, they babied them. Be weary of someone who talks sh*t about the way they drive. They aren't the ones who are going to replace your tires, which aren't cheap if you get good ones. My tires are about $3,000 a set and only go for about 3,000 miles. I am not going to unnecessarily going to burn tread off of them for kicks and giggles. I save that tread for a track.
Come on people,

your talking about burnouts as the single stupidest thing that any driver can ever do(it is kind of)but hey what happened about having fun.not everyone is as serious as you are about track days.some people including young drivers like me enjoy doing this stuff and showing off the power to our friends.besides anyone who does such things always keeps a cheap F'ed up set of tires in garage for drifting and having fun from time to time it ain't a big deal.

I hope we see the line lock in 2017-18 models.its a nice feature
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #20
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Maybe it's stupid but it's also fun. If I want to shred my rear tires that's my money. Why does everything have to be so serious? There's going to be a time when big V8 muscle cars will no longer be available, so have fun while you can.

If you don't like me playing with line locks in a muscle car you can buy a Smart For Two.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #21
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Maybe it's stupid but it's also fun. If I want to shred my rear tires that's my money. Why does everything have to be so serious? There's going to be a time when big V8 muscle cars will no longer be available, so have fun while you can.

If you don't like me playing with line locks in a muscle car you can buy a Smart For Two.

I don't care if you want to smoke your tires, but you stated that you wanted serious acceleration, which as I explained, loose tires aren't going to give you.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Line lock = for smoky burnouts/heating up your tires for drag racing.

Line lock does not directly equal better acceleration.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #23
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

With light application of the brakes and heavy accelerator (TC off of course) you will be able to do a big ass burnout. I have a supercharged G8 GT that is a high 11 second car and it doesn't need a damn line lock to do a burnout. Camaro is no different.

Sure it makes it a little easier, but it's not needed, especially for street tires.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Come on people,

your talking about burnouts as the single stupidest thing that any driver can ever do(it is kind of)but hey what happened about having fun.not everyone is as serious as you are about track days.some people including young drivers like me enjoy doing this stuff and showing off the power to our friends.besides anyone who does such things always keeps a cheap F'ed up set of tires in garage for drifting and having fun from time to time it ain't a big deal.

I hope we see the line lock in 2017-18 models.its a nice feature

I don't run cheap tires on any of my cars. I also never feel the need to "burn" them to show off my car. It's not about the power of the car. It's about the skill of the driver. I have seen a Ford Fiesta teach a Porche 911 a thing or two on the track. Anyone can put their foot on the brake and smoke the tires.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #25
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Quote:
With light application of the brakes and heavy accelerator (TC off of course) you will be able to do a big ass burnout. I have a supercharged G8 GT that is a high 11 second car and it doesn't need a damn line lock to do a burnout. Camaro is no different.

Sure it makes it a little easier, but it's not needed, especially for street tires.
Agreed. Anyone who needs assistance from a line lock to do a burnout shouldn't be driving a car that can do a burnout.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #26
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:

Its not the tires that we're worried about.its the rear brakes.....of caurse even a 4cyl can do burnouts but the problem is the brake pads are gone after doing this couple times(not gone but not as good as before).I saw a lot of people say that they installed it on their car.how is that possible?does it need a big controling panel destroying the interior look?
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #27
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
I saw a lot of people say that they installed it on their car.how is that possible?does it need a big controling panel destroying the interior look?
On my Charger, the module integrated with the steering wheel buttons. If I remember correctly, hit the brakes, press the "cancel" button 5 times to bring up the menu on the DIC select "line lock" and press and hold the select button, release the brakes, and press the gas.

As soon as your finger releases from the select button, the brakes would release.

Even without that level of integration, you really only need a switch or button which is easy to hide.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Quote:
Its not the tires that we're worried about.its the rear brakes.....of caurse even a 4cyl can do burnouts but the problem is the brake pads are gone after doing this couple times(not gone but not as good as before).I saw a lot of people say that they installed it on their car.how is that possible?does it need a big controling panel destroying the interior look?
Get a car with bigger brakes.