Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #85
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Mopar CUSTOMERS may not be after crushing Camaros and Stangs, but you can bet your ass Dodge wants to beat them. Their only purpose is more money (as are Chevy and Ford's, as much as we wish they were in it for a "better" car), and more sales means more money.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #86
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Mopar CUSTOMERS may not be after crushing Camaros and Stangs, but you can bet your ass Dodge wants to beat them. Their only purpose is more money (as are Chevy and Ford's, as much as we wish they were in it for a "better" car), and more sales means more money.
Right Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Samasung, Apple, MS, Walmart, etc wants to sell their products and make money. Now, Dodge wants to sell products and make money but they are not addressing GM and Ford in youtube videos from the CEO or in magazines to try to be in a war and take sales and out do the stang and Camaro. Maybe once they are up in sales like Camaros and Stangs you will see a three way war but it just aint so now. And that you can beat your ass is the way it is.
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #87
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
Right Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Samasung, Apple, MS, Walmart, etc wants to sell their products and make money. Now, Dodge wants to sell products and make money but they are not addressing GM and Ford in youtube videos from the CEO or in magazines to try to be in a war and take sales and out do the stang and Camaro. Maybe once they are up in sales like Camaros and Stangs you will see a three way war but it just aint so now. And that you can beat your ass is the way it is.
Marchionne isn't going to come out and publicly announce he's chasing GM's or Ford's volume. No exec will officially do that. Especially when he's desperately trying to work out a merger with either company.

And just because the company doesn't publicly name competitors doesn't mean they aren't competing. Fiat knows Challenger gets lumped together in the same segment as Camaro and Mustang and they respond accordingly.

For example, you honestly think the Challenger MCE and Hellcat development was just "Dodge doing their own thing?" It's a response to GM and Ford kicking their ass all over the place in sales and performance. They knew both Camaro and Mustang were going into their 6th generations but an all new Challenger or Challenger replacement was still years out. Therefore unless Fiat wanted Challenger to end up being relegated to rental fleet queen status, it needed updates.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:32 AM   #88
DanaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Marchionne isn't going to come out and publicly announce he's chasing GM's or Ford's volume. No exec will officially do that. Especially when he's desperately trying to work out a merger with either company.

And just because the company doesn't publicly name competitors doesn't mean they aren't competing. Fiat knows Challenger gets lumped together in the same segment as Camaro and Mustang and they respond accordingly.

For example, you honestly think the Challenger MCE and Hellcat development was just "Dodge doing their own thing?" It's a response to GM and Ford kicking their ass all over the place in sales and performance. They knew both Camaro and Mustang were going into their 6th generations but an all new Challenger or Challenger replacement was still years out. Therefore unless Fiat wanted Challenger to end up being relegated to rental fleet queen status, it needed updates.
I cant buy what they are doing today is because they were thinking about what Camaro and Mustang are doing in the future. Mustang will never be caught and has never stopped reproducing, that would sort of be insane to think about kicking mustangs ass. They will never catch the camaro either.

It's fun to have a three way war, dont get me wrong, I am all for it, especially when I go full GM on the world but Chrysler is not focused on beating Camaro and Mustang sales. I think they just want to up thier sales like I said before. Maybe if they do that then ok, we get a real 3 way war but not now. The war continues but it is a Ford vs GM deal with the ponies. And that is enough to deal with right now for the Camaro and stang
Old 08-09-2015, 04:32 AM   #89
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Sorry, but I think most people would agree that it's been a three way war since back in the sixties.

Agree to disagree, I guess.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #90
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
I cant buy what they are doing today is because they were thinking about what Camaro and Mustang are doing in the future. Mustang will never be caught and has never stopped reproducing, that would sort of be insane to think about kicking mustangs ass. They will never catch the camaro either.

It's fun to have a three way war, dont get me wrong, I am all for it, especially when I go full GM on the world but Chrysler is not focused on beating Camaro and Mustang sales. I think they just want to up thier sales like I said before. Maybe if they do that then ok, we get a real 3 way war but not now. The war continues but it is a Ford vs GM deal with the ponies. And that is enough to deal with right now for the Camaro and stang
No offense, but you really don't know what you're talking about.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #91
DanaM

Quote:
No offense, but you really don't know what you're talking about.
No offense to you either because I was thinking the same thing you don't know what you're talking about but its all cool let's just get those Camaros.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #92
DanaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Sorry, but I think most people would agree that it's been a three way war since back in the sixties.

Agree to disagree, I guess.
Yeah very true.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #93
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
No offense to you either because I was thinking the same thing you don't know what you're talking about but its all cool let's just get those Camaros.
lol yeah okay bro.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #94
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:

What was the hellcat for then?
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #95
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Completely agree. I also think Fiat's timing was perfect for introducing the high powered models. Ford and Chevy were winding down gen5 creating a window where there would not be GT500, ZL1, etc. Just base GT and SS.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 08-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #96
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Chevy will regain top, but not be as much as with the Gen5. The Gen6 looks better (more athletic) than the Mustang, but the GT350 with its seriously exotic engine may pull some SS sales. If Ford keeps the price of the V-6 under the Camaro, then it will be really tight. I predict Ford will cut some fat from the Mustang for 2017 and fix some of the aesthetic weaknesses like the big nose and tail.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #97
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
August 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro August 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 6,236 -23% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang August 2015 Delivery (sales): 9,997 70% (Pr Ye)
Challenger August 2015 Delivery (sales): 5,235 25% (Pr Ye)

Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #98

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Well, maybe the Car and Driver mag test with the poor results of the 350GT with PP, will bring in more buyers of the 5thGen Camaro in the meantime....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote