Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #57
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
A month! That is not necessary, they have the car, drove it and now we know the performance figures released by GM! I say the beginning of October would be good for a first drive and October 16th would be good for an instrumented test.
Its not necessary, but thats the way it works most of the time. Get a car, drive it/test it, then sit on the review for a month and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I expected to see first drive reviews MUCH sooner than that.

Bummed.
You do remember that there were a bunch of first drive reviews 4 months ago, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
YouTube is exploding with GT 350 reviews and videos. Every auto tester in the country has a GT 350. and I got to admit the car is amazing. Just the sound alone, watch the tests at Laguna-sega. wow. My opinion until GM comes out with a upper tier car what ever they are going to call it, the SS will not even be in the GT 350's league. I know I am going to be jumped on but GM waited to long. I predict Motor trend will name the GT 350 as car of the year( or the R). and when Ford rolls out the GT with its 600HP v6 the bar will go even higher. Wake up GM you should be leaking ZL1 or Z/28 tidbits by now..
This is much, much less important than you're making it out to be.

First off Motortrend will not name a Mustang trim level to car of the year, let alone a sub-variant of that trim. They rarely give COTY to performance cars to begin with. I don't think they've ever awarded it to a specific trim level.

Anyways, so what if GT350 reviews are coming out now? Will people be unable to read/watch Camaro reviews in 5 weeks because they saw what the GT350 does? Is it so earth shatteringly good that anyone on the fence between it & the Camaro SS, that they forget the Camaro even exists for 10 grand less (or 20 grand compared to the R)? At any rate ... the Camaro SS isn't designed to compete with the Mustang GT350. Its competitor is the regular old GT. You know, the one with slightly less power, a little more weight, a lot fewer standard features, for a bit less money. That one. If you want a GT350 competitor, look for a 6th gen Z/28 (though Ford might pull a Boss 302 on that one & cancel the 350 before a new Z/28 comes out)

The new GT may as well not even exist. At the moment, it doesn't. Won't for another year or so. But even then? So. What. Its going to be a $400,000 car that rarely does anything other than collect dust in someones garage. It has precisely nothing to do with GM embargoing Camaro reviews until mid-October of this year. And its not going to be car of the year either. For one thing, I'm 99% sure there is a price cap prohibiting ultra-expensive cars from even qualifying (otherwise, wouldn't exotics and/or ultra-lux cars win every time?). But even if there isn't, MT's COTY criteria at the very least includes things like value & efficiency. The GT isn't going to be a very good value, and despite being powered by an EcoBoost ... don't expect impressive fuel economy.

And the Z?? car(s) ... really? The SS isn't even in production yet, and you want info on cars that probably aren't even going to be available a year from now? One of the biggest complaints about the 5th gen Camaro rollout was that it took so long. Ditto with the (much shorter) 6th gen rollouts. Teasing them now won't bring them to dealerships any sooner.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #58
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
First off Motortrend will not name a Mustang trim level to car of the year, let alone a sub-variant of that trim. They rarely give COTY to performance cars to begin with. I don't think they've ever awarded it to a specific trim level.
They did give Z28 drivers car of the year for year 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
For one thing, I'm 99% sure there is a price cap prohibiting ultra-expensive cars from even qualifying (otherwise, wouldn't exotics and/or ultra-lux cars win every time?).
I dont think there is a cap as such cos they featured a ford focus ST, subaru brz, nissan GTR and porsche 911 with M4 and Z28 for the year 2014. So dont think there is a cap... BTW this is drivers car of 2014 I am talking about
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #59
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
They did give Z28 drivers car of the year for year 2014.

I dont think there is a cap as such cos they featured a ford focus ST, subaru brz, nissan GTR and porsche 911 with M4 and Z28 for the year 2014. So dont think there is a cap... BTW this is drivers car of 2014 I am talking about
The Z28 did win it last year so there you go....

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #60
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Come on Oct 16th!!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote