Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #169
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
GM absolutely changed the guts of the car, no one argues that. They also trimmed it down, which also is undeniable.

What remains to be seen however is if the refreshed, but remarkably identical, style remains a hit. The Challenger has kept in its own little retro - muscle cruiser niche so it only needed the barest of refreshing, and even at that it just transitioned from 70 to 71/72.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #170

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
October 2015 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)
October 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro October 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,289 -2% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang October 2015 Delivery (sales):10,096 121% (Pr Ye)
Challenger October 2015 Delivery (sales):5,409 31% (Pr Ye)
Attached Images
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #171

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I guess no '16 Camaro sales are included yet....Maybe next month?...Looks like Mustang just barely topped the "Since 2009" sales number....Challenger sold more last month than Camaro...Come on 6thGen!!...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #172
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
there's a lot of 5thgens still on lots and they're still building them for a couple more weeks.
going to be sitting there a while or discounted with the 6thgen coming out.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #173
SpeedIsLife

Goodnight the Mustang just isn't slowing down!

Great month for the Challenger!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #174
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Mustang picked back up some sales. Good for it. I think its going to be tough to outsell Mustang, but hope I'm wrong.

Challenger continues to pick up sales, which is pretty cool.

5th gen Camaro is doing as expected at this point, but its clear that its sales aren't going anywhere until the 6th gen starts to pick up pace, which I think might not be until spring. We'll see.

I don't expect to see anything like the Mustang in terms of a sales spike due to a new generation. New Mustang went on sale in the prime of the year. Camaro goes on sale in the worse season possible...so its sales will be spreadout further through winter and spring, as compared to the larger spike it would've gotten if it had come out in mid to late spring or summer.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #175
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Mustang picked back up some sales. Good for it. I think its going to be tough to outsell Mustang, but hope I'm wrong.

5th gen Camaro is doing as expected at this point, but its clear that its sales aren't going anywhere until the 6th gen starts to pick up pace, which I think might not be until spring. We'll see.

I don't expect to see anything like the Mustang in terms of a sales spike due to a new generation. New Mustang went on sale in the prime of the year. Camaro goes on sale in the worse season possible...so its sales will be spreadout further through winter and spring, as compared to the larger spike it would've gotten if it had come out in mid to late spring or summer.
What they should have done is introduce the new 2016 Camaro in the spring of 2014 so it could be in dealerships in the summer of 2015. That way it would give GM plenty of time for testing, etc. prior to releasing it for sale to the public.... I completely agree with you, showing the car in the spring of 2015 and selling it in Nov-Dec of 2015, I don't think they will sell as many cars as they think. People are saving for xmas gifts, etc.., etc. Of course, the new 2016 Camaro would make an awesome xmas gift!!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #176
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
What they should have done is introduce the new 2016 Camaro in the spring of 2014 so it could be in dealerships in the summer of 2015. That way it would give GM plenty of time for testing, etc. prior to releasing it for sale to the public.... I completely agree with you, showing the car in the spring of 2015 and selling it in Nov-Dec of 2015, I don't think they will sell as many cars as they think. People are saving for xmas gifts, etc.., etc. Of course, the new 2016 Camaro would make an awesome xmas gift!!!

More than likely contract commitments at Oshawa prevented any earlier introduction
Old 11-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #177
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
More than likely contract commitments at Oshawa prevented any earlier introduction
Yeah...I'm not upset or disappointed the release is during late fall/winter. I'm sure Chevrolet had a reason for doing so, and ultimately it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I just merely pointed out that I doubt we will see as big of a spike in sales as there would have been if it were a spring or summer launch. Sales will just be more spread out instead of a huge initial bunch of sales over the first two or three months.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #178
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
October 2015 Camaro Sales Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)
October 2015 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro October 2015 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,289 -2% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang October 2015 Delivery (sales):10,096 121% (Pr Ye)
Challenger October 2015 Delivery (sales):5,409 31% (Pr Ye)

One of those trend lines is going the wrong direction. Hopefully, the 6th Gen will reverses things. I'd to see all three cars have sales trending up next year.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #179
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Mustang has been selling extremely well. Really speaks to the fact that forums are minority on stuff like looks bc it sure seems like it appeals to a ton of people haha.

Challenger still going strong, good for them. I am still shocked it sells as many as it does without offering a drop top version.

5th Gen sales arent that bad at all considering how close the 6th gen is.

Your last point though, I am going by memory, but IIRC didn't the S550 not really start showing up on dealer lots until October . Mustang sales in September and October of 2014 were some of the lowest they had been in years. It wasn't until November of 14 that sales really started to spike, I wouldnt call that the prime of the year
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:55 AM   #180
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

Your last point though, I am going by memory, but IIRC didn't the S550 not really start showing up on dealer lots until October . Mustang sales in September and October of 2014 were some of the lowest they had been in years. It wasn't until November of 14 that sales really started to spike, I wouldnt call that the prime of the year
Well you got me on that one lol.

Looks like the earliest they started to hit lots was late October 2014 from what I found. OK...so it was definitely not prime time, but I guess that's roughly a good month head start over what Camaro is doing now.

Looking forward to seeing how the sales war shakes down over the next year.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #181
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
haha no worries KMP I have been wrong much more often than I have been right haha. I am very curious to see how the sales play out in May June and July.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #182
SpeedIsLife

I find GM's excuse of "due to demand we won't offer Supplier or Employee pricing for 6-10 months" to be horse crap. Ford had Xplan from day 1 on all regular production Mustangs..

It boils down to greed, and hopefully their sales in those months will be lower for it.