Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChile View Post
I agree with the original post. I am researching the Camaro to possible buy a new one after owning nothing but Japanese cars for a long time, and I do not like all the problems that I have seen on GM cars, including the Camaro. No car is perfect, but I did stop buying American cars for a very good reasons a long time ago. What he says has a lot of truth to it. I think a lot of people here don't want to admit that.
Lol! Why are you even here?

And I have had foreign cars. They aren't any better so don't kid yourself.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
As far as I'm concerned the quality has gotten better since 2010. I haven't had any problems with my ZL1 and although I don't drive it much, when I do I'm not easy on it.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I know people that work at Oshawa and at the engine plant in St Catharines and can tell you they are good people who take great pride in their work.

There is way to many checks to have some of the things you posted slip through.

Trust me the 6th gen car will take world class build quality to surpass the 5th gens.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Read some of the OP's other posts......
Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok, my first thought is simply the OP hasn't even come back to have a discussion on his post. Just laid a stinky poopy and ran.

If you took every one off issue an made a list it would be pretty long.

For the most part the Camaro has done ok in CR and JD Power. CR has essentially complained about the obvious (no rear seat room LOL)
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
I agree with the original post. I am researching the Camaro to possible buy a new one after owning nothing but Japanese cars for a long time, and I do not like all the problems that I have seen on GM cars, including the Camaro. No car is perfect, but I did stop buying American cars for a very good reasons a long time ago. What he says has a lot of truth to it. I think a lot of people here don't want to admit that.
Ya....I owned Japanese cars too and they have more than their fair share of problems and the build quality from day 1 on them is much more flimsy than american cars especially the camaro.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:

Don't feed this second Troll who is probably a cousin of the first Troll.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Read some of the OP's other posts......
People like you are the reason GM won't improve the build quality. You are not objective, asd will accept anything they shovel out the door as long as it has a big engine.

Michael
Old 06-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
People like you are the reason GM won't improve the build quality. You are not objective, asd will accept anything they shovel out the door as long as it has a big engine.

Michael
And you think your an expert? At least I have owned Two 5th gen Camaros, how many have you owned?
Yep mine have had big engines that's the only reason I bought them
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
Bizlipkick

Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
And you think your an expert? At least I have owned Two 5th gen Camaros, how many have you owned?
Yep mine have had big engines that's the only reason I bought them
Haha. I have owned numerous Japanese cars, mostly honda's (2 s2000's, rsx type S, civic)- They ALL have problems. Just a troll though
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

Originally Posted by Michael2000
The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)
there has been ONE incident of this - and we don't even have the full story yet

"Well, this is a first. Our IOM 1LE arrived today without the hood wrap. How does that happen? Can't believe they let this one slip through this way.

Not sure if we're gonna leave it this way or not. I guess we'll leave it up the customer. "

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301119

Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)
ummm...have never heard of this issue (and I'm on here a LOT) you sure this is a camaro issue?

"WTF GM!?! MINE came with 3 285's and a right rear 305 (ZL1) "

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/newrep...eply&p=6662791

Trunk lids partially painted inside
not an issue for the Camaro

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel
OK - this one I'll give you. The wheel paint could be better, but it would also increase cost(s) to powder coat them

Big gaps between door and dash on one side
again, not a camaro issue

"My drivers side of the dashboard at the top where it meets with the door panel is off. Any one else have any fitment issues with interior parts? Would something like this be covered under factory warranty?"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164676

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side
not a camaro issue

"Quality Control is lacking at GM. On my car, the drivers side headlight is 1.5 inches from the bumper cover and the passenger side headlight is .25 inches from the bumper cover. The rear right bumper cover is not popped in all the way. I brought it back to the dealership and left it with them to fix these issues. When I picked it back up they said that they fixed the front bumper but they could not fix the rear. I am not sure what they did because the issues are still there. I don't want to take anything loose and potentially break a tab because then they will blame it on me. "

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=301119&page=2

Uneven metallic paint
There was a TSB released in 2010 regarding this issue. Reason is because of the different materials (metal vs. polyurethane plastic)

"Even Ray Charles could see it doesn't match."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2324363

Thin paint
valid point - our clear coats could be better

"After buying my SS, I loved it. I really thought I would keep it forever, then I arrived home. From the dealer to my house, I chipped the paint on the fender from a rock. After making a trip, my car looks like the front has been sand blasted. The paint quality on this car is so bad, Chevy admits there is only one coat of paint, and a coat of clear. You look at it wrong, and it scratches. I garage it, and come out going "Where did this come from?" I never drive it!!!!!"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=dash+gap

Specs and dirt in paint
very few occurrences of this, and in all instances GM has stepped up and fixed it

"Question on fixing dirt specs in OE paint. I've got a fresh built 2 week old IBM SS. There is a couple dirt specs here and there in the paint. A couple that are pretty noticeable are in the rear quarter panel. Pretty small, have to be at the right light/angle to notice."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201046

Front valence sticking out from fender
There is a TSB issued for this, it's a very simple fix. Oh and considering that all front splitters are installed by your dealer, not a Chevrolet issue

"Any of you 1LE owners having problems with the fitiment of your splitter on the sides right before the wheel well opening? Like not fiting flush against the bumper the last two/three inches or so. I installed mine and it was ok, then after about a week or so it has pulled away further. I've seen some pics of actual 1LE's on here and some seem to have the same issue."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272918

Clutch chatter
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Driveline slop
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Missing fasteners
You'll have to be more specific, there are a lot of fasteners in our cars.

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away
Are you talking about the spoiler paint chipping? Easy fix, and there was a TSB issued

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael

Comments are in red. Again - I think you're talking about multiple car manufacturers.
Stig, thanks for the response. I have commented to some of these with quotes in green from others, and the links. I need to leave, so will finish later.

Michael
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #26
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Absolutely ridiculous thread.

Just lock and delete it already...totally useless.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
Michael2000

So for everyone who has the word "troll" in their post, what you are saying is GM should do nothing about improving quality, while the rest of the manufacturers continue to improve their quality.

Oh, that's brilliant.

That's a great way to see the Camaro discontinued again.

Michael
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Absolutely ridiculous thread.

Just lock and delete it already...totally useless.
Yet you took the time to comment.

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation