Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #15
Richkidd87

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers View Post
Our Scavenger X-Pipes will add some depth to the tone of your exhaust system and help to reduce interior noise as well.

Flowmaster's Scavenger X-Pipe kits utilize our D-port technology, rather than the deflectors found in our chambered mufflers. As exhaust pulses exit the engine and enter the D-Port area of these X-Pipes, the increased surface area of the tubing creates a strong low-pressure area and increases the speed of the exhaust gases that are traveling through. This improves exhaust velocity at all rpm's (especially low and mid) resulting in more torque and better throttle response.

Our American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the Camaro SS will not maintain stock sound levels. Our kit will provide a moderately aggressive Flowmaster tone while maintaining the functionality of the NPP system and allowing for the ability to increase sound even further by going wide open when desired.

Sorry about that. We are working hard to pump out more of these kits and expect to have both of these part numbers (81083-manual and 81084-auto) back in stock by the end of next week.

The factory actuators are retained but our Scavenger X-Pipe kit for auto cars(part #81084) does include new valves, making it the more expensive of the two.
Lol are those valves really that expensive Borla Charged me $1200 for pipes with those valves 😂😂😂😂
Richkidd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #16
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
Quote:
Our Scavenger X-Pipes will add some depth to the tone of your exhaust system and help to reduce interior noise as well.

Flowmaster's Scavenger X-Pipe kits utilize our D-port technology, rather than the deflectors found in our chambered mufflers. As exhaust pulses exit the engine and enter the D-Port area of these X-Pipes, the increased surface area of the tubing creates a strong low-pressure area and increases the speed of the exhaust gases that are traveling through. This improves exhaust velocity at all rpm's (especially low and mid) resulting in more torque and better throttle response.

Our American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the Camaro SS will not maintain stock sound levels. Our kit will provide a moderately aggressive Flowmaster tone while maintaining the functionality of the NPP system and allowing for the ability to increase sound even further by going wide open when desired.

Sorry about that. We are working hard to pump out more of these kits and expect to have both of these part numbers (81083-manual and 81084-auto) back in stock by the end of next week.

The factory actuators are retained but our Scavenger X-Pipe kit for auto cars(part #81084) does include new valves, making it the more expensive of the two.
With the valves open do you think it is more like the outlaw series than the american thunder line?
Old 09-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #17
Mr. Grumpy
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron@Flowmaster View Post
These Flowmaster Scavenger Series X-Pipe Kits are now available for the 2016+ Camaro SS
Are you guys looking into creating one with an H-pipe? If you do I'm game. I'm looking for the classic American Muscle sound.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #18
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy View Post
Are you guys looking into creating one with an H-pipe? If you do I'm game. I'm looking for the classic American Muscle sound.
This x pipe looks a lot like an H to me. The pipes stay dead straight through the crossover. I bet the sound is close to the same.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #19
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan795 View Post
With the valves open do you think it is more like the outlaw series than the american thunder line?
Yes. That is why we aren't releasing a Flowmaster Outlaw NPP system at this time. An Outlaw system would be too similar, in terms of volume, with the valves open or closed. Of course, the tone would change, but an Outlaw NPP system wouldn't provide as significant of a difference in overall sound.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #20
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
ordered 2 xpipes

One for my camaro and one for my wifes!

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #21
cncmotors

Drives: camaro
There is FM's distributor in South Korea? I would try one but I guess there isnt.
cncmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #22
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmotors View Post
There is FM's distributor in South Korea? I would try one but I guess there isnt.
Doubtful. I remember selling a uninstalled 350Z turbo kit to S. Korea many years ago. The buyer said it was illegal to import them into the country new, but that it was OK to import "used car parts". You may have to use an intermediate to make the conversion from new to used?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #23
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis@hixsonnet.com View Post
ordered 2 xpipes

One for my camaro and one for my wifes!
We appreciate that! Let us know how you both like the new setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmotors View Post
We do not have a distributor in South Korea, but you may want to check in with our friends over at Summit or Jegs to see if they are able to ship to your location. Thanks for asking and good luck!
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #24
cncmotors

Drives: camaro
Quote:
We appreciate that! Let us know how you both like the new setup.

We do not have a distributor in South Korea, but you may want to check in with our friends over at Summit or Jegs to see if they are able to ship to your location. Thanks for asking and good luck!
Great. Who shoud I contact to? We may consider to try FM exhaust to represent them in S.Korea so. Please pm me if you guys are also interested in.
cncmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #25
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Hey guys any news on the Axle-back system ??
Illmaticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:17 AM   #26
Epx998
|Engineer|

Any sound clips to go along with this post?
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #27
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Flowmaster Scavenger X-Pipe kits were designed to be bolt-on upgrades for our 2016+ Camaro SS Axle-back systems. If you want to run them on the factory exhaust system you can, but modifications will need to be made in order to make the connection. As an FYI, and for anyone that may be interested, we will be releasing an American Thunder Axle-back NPP system for the 6th gen Camaro SS on October 1st. Something to consider if you plan to run this pipe kit and are looking for an aftermarket exhaust system. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 707-544-4761.
It's October 3rd....NPP system out yet??
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #28
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy8784 View Post
It's October 3rd....NPP system out yet??
I'm just looking for a sound clip since the 1st.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, camaro ss, flowmaster, manual, resonator delete