Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #15

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Yep, sciatic nerve lower back pain (like lightning bolts) occasionally knocks me to my knees and i also get the burning from butt to the back of my right knee. Seems to be worse in the colder months too. I've been told by several guys that surgery only helps to lighten the wallet. I have had good luck with exercises and a heating pad in the colder months for the last couple years.

My doc and i talked about the great results reported from acupuncture but no one does that here in Mayberry. Between the sciatica and heel spurs my running days are far behind me!
Similar scenario here....spinal stenosis, scoliosis, sciatica....candidate for surgery, cortisone shots, but holding off....core strengthening exercises help...plus sleep on back with pillow under knees, or on side with pillow between legs...don't slouch when sitting, sit up straight....wear a back brace when "working" or golfing, but not when driving...use car seat lumbar support...No over the counter pills like Advil for pain or stiffnesss....I have a prescription for "Duexis" as needed, its easier on the stomach and no worries about taking it with any other meds.....5th Gen Camaro seat is terrible for back problems....still drive it but prefer to choose other cars with lumbar support features usually...

Good luck....do what works best for you...So far I'm ok without surgery...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote