Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #15
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
I don't think it is electronic, thought the SS are though.
Sorry, I assumed you had an SS.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #16
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ask the dealership to change out your PS fluid and replace it with the latest greatest automatic transmission Dexos.
Benefits of the thicker viscosity?
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
Benefits of the thicker viscosity?
I don't know that it is thicker, but it is a superior lubricant. Way back when, there was a TSB for 5th Gen PW noise with this as the fix from GM. We havee been using Dexos Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid in PS pumps of all brands since then. While not decibel tested, the pumps run quieter by ear test.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #18
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Drives: '89 IROC-Z
My wife's 2013 Equinox with the 3.6 makes this noise when you turn at idle RPM's. From reading on the Equinox forums it seems like a very common issue. It appears that there is a TSB for it, but only some have had any luck getting the dealer to perform the work, and a few folks have reported that the updated parts didn't completely fix the issue. I believe the "updated parts" are an alternator pulley and a couple power steering hoses.

A couple quotes I found from the Equinox forum on the matter...

Quote:
I just had the work described in the service bulletin done to my 2011 Terrain. The service advisor told me at the time that it wouldn't fix the problem, only make it quieter. After getting back, I can confirm that. It did get quieter, but it's still there. I don't think that there's really anything that can be done to stop it except raising the idle. We have to remember that the idle is set at ~500rpm. I've seen mine around 450 rpm before. The power steering pump isn't pushing much fluid at all at this speed. Am I disappointed that they couldn't fix it completely? Yes. Am I going to let it make me dislike my car? Heck no. It's a minor annoyance at the most. My opinion, of course. To each his own.
Quote:
91,000 miles now, steering noise still there, haven't done anything about it, hasn't gotten any worse, and it hasn't mattered.
2 Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #19
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Dang, well i drove with the service manager and he could clearly hear it. I hope this gets resolved this time aswell. Also, the sound clip that is on 2nd post. Sounds like the Ac compressor, even when it is wrong. You can just hear it.

Also, they scratched up my engine cover + Fuse box. I let the service manager know and he mentioned he will get it replaced.

They put me in a 17 1LT 6 speed 2.0 camaro for time being.

Im happy about that lol.
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote