Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 11-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #15
histobeast

Drives: '18 SS 1LE SW
Thanks fellas. I listened to some but ill go back with a song in mind.
histobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
OP, it really depends on what you think sounds good. As mentioned above, Hybrid Audio technologies (HAT) https://hybrid-audio.com/ make some of the best drivers period, at any price point. They have 6 levels:

Mirus
Imagine
Unity
Clarus
Legatia
Legatia SE

Each have a great price point with SQ better than anything in their respective price point.
For the price p that you are looking at, Unity U61-v2 would be what you would grab. again, these are not kenwood, JL, pioneer, speakers. From clarus up would be considered competition grade drivers. You may not win SQ competitions with the Unity drivers, but pound for pound, they would sound a heck of a lot better than comparable pioneer and JL.

I would suggest trying to find a dealer that has some of these, and listen to how different the same music can sound depending on the 1. drivers 2. amplifiers.

I only use Legatia and Legatia SE drivers in my vehicles, but as an audiophile, I kind of need that at this point.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #17
histobeast

Thank you! I will follow up.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #18
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
OP, it really depends on what you think sounds good. As mentioned above, Hybrid Audio technologies (HAT) https://hybrid-audio.com/ make some of the best drivers period, at any price point. They have 6 levels:

Mirus
Imagine
Unity3
Clarus
Legatia
Legatia SE

Each have a great price point with SQ better than anything in their respective price point.
For the price p that you are looking at, Unity U61-v2 would be what you would grab. again, these are not kenwood, JL, pioneer, speakers. From clarus up would be considered competition grade drivers. You may not win SQ competitions with the Unity drivers, but pound for pound, they would sound a heck of a lot better than comparable pioneer and JL.

I would suggest trying to find a dealer that has some of these, and listen to how different the same music can sound depending on the 1. drivers 2. amplifiers.

I only use Legatia and Legatia SE drivers in my vehicles, but as an audiophile, I kind of need that at this point.
I try to tell people on these forums about hybrid technologies and arc audio...but nobody seems to listen. Another plus is if you look up a dealer for those brands in your area, pretty good chance it has the most knowledgeable installers in your area also.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:34 PM   #19
histobeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
I try to tell people on these forums about hybrid technologies and arc audio...but nobody seems to listen. Another plus is if you look up a dealer for those brands in your area, pretty good chance it has the most knowledgeable installers in your area also.
Good to know. I'm installing myself and checked out the website and read some reviews. Apparently the take a little while to break in and may have had a rough history 4 or so years ago. I'll check locally and give them a listen.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #20
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
I too was like that. I was a believer in the old MB Quart (not the new junk) and Diamond Audio, then I heard HAT and was very impressed in head to head setups (same amp, headunit, install box).

Then I read up on Scott Buwalda, and spoke to him.
Then I spoke to Bob Morrow

I have been impressed with HAT as a company and a product ever since. No nonsense, no gimmicks, just sound quality explained, broken down, and executed.

For some, you just can't explain or convince. people are comfortable with what they know. It takes guts (and free money) to go out on a limb and trust what someone else is saying about a product. But the IASCA results for the last 10 years speak for themselves!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 12-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
Hertz Mille Pro or legend all the way! Can be found on sale from time to time. Pro components in the front and Pro coaxial in the rear.
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #22
drfeelgood

http://www.12voltnews.com/2012/05/08...north-america/

https://www.ceoutlook.com/2016/10/26...petition-news/

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/industry-news/1696-hybrid-audio-technologies-one-two-sweep

hertz Mille pro are great sounding speakers. Many of these European companies don't get the day to day attention from general enthusiasts that they deserve. I would def suggest the OP take a listen to these as well.

but HAT competition results speak for themselves. They are simply the best drivers at any price point... not just my words.. so say the judges at every IASCA competition in the world