Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
TIREKLR

Drives: 2015 zl1
I believe this is rite up there with the problem having too much money!!!!! Both problems I really wish I had! Haha ..........obviously this is not an issue I have in my stock ls3 but yea I'm sure there is a point with any car that it goes from being fun and drivable to a purpose built car that goes from the track/strip to the garage,but as a few people mentioned maybe some tires and suspension to put a little more of it to the ground could solve your issuse.

Regardless your driving a badass 800hp plus car........congrats on your build!
TIREKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #16
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Well since this is the 1LE section of the forum, and road racing goes hand in hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It all depends on the intended use of the 1LE. NA motors are, IMO, best for HPDE, road course track time, CamaroCross type activities. You are traction limited to a max of 630 RWHP for these activities on anything remotely resembling a street legal tire. They are less complex and build less heat.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #17
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3JM View Post
Sounds like your making 20 h.p. too much :roll eyes:
Yup, looks like it! Wheel HP that is
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP I agree 100%. The car becomes unusable on the street or on a road track and requires Drag Radials all the time.

It's sort of like sound system competition. The sound system can go to ear exploding levels. Make sure you are not in the car when you turn it up. Currently removing my turbos.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #19
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
If I turn the nannies off on my all wheel drive car with 550HP it requires paying attention to drive it safely. My old school chevelle had about 700hp with a supercharged 427 and it was not useful except as a weekend toy. I think 500-700 with nannies for a street car is easily doable. Without nannies in place, it seems as if a simple bump on the throttle can upset the car and make it a handful to deal with.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
1LESSCamaro

Drives: 07 Sierra Denali, 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP I agree 100%. The car becomes unusable on the street or on a road track and requires Drag Radials all the time.

It's sort of like sound system competition. The sound system can go to ear exploding levels. Make sure you are not in the car when you turn it up. Currently removing my turbos.
Are you going to sell the turbo kit? If so, I'm interested.

Last edited by 1LESSCamaro; 09-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.
1LESSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:29 AM   #21
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
A car CAN be too fast:
- for its driver
- for its use
- for the construction of the car.

I'd honestly be scared to have a car that is too fast for my skills and that is too fast regarding its original engineering.
A Bugatti isn't too fast because it's engineered to be that fast; I wouldn't trust the Zeta platform too much on too high speeds/accelerations ...
Old 09-07-2015, 09:16 AM   #22
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
I recently built my 1LE with big cam all the supporting mods Blower Meth Clutch ECT ....its just shy of 900rwhp on a mustang dyno and 700lbs tq ..i have only put 200 miles on it since i finished it ...my last car i just sold was a built 07 mustang full short block HC BLOWER 700rwhp 8000 rpm 10.20 138 mph car on radials full weight A/C great manners ..my 1LE makes it feel like its going backwards and will melt radials in 3rd gear at 75 rolling into throttle like a light switch at 4k rpm I'm thinking maybe i should back it down a bit this car likes to use all 3 lanes if you tip in it a little too much ..kind of unnerving ..car actually scares me a bit and i had some mean street cars ..maybe I'm exploiting the chassis or something..or maybe i have drag race power in a road race car ...anyone have this happen to them ...sounds funny to say hey my car may just be too fast !!! maybe I'm getting too old @41 LMAO !!!
Think Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg any car he made or Hennessy Venom GT. No you car is making the Camaro name stand where it should. Get your suspension mods in check and go kick a$$.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:35 AM   #23
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
My friend had a 1000whp supra, and it was too much power to even enjoy. I watched as he progressively built the car over a few year span. It was the most fun between 575-650whp. It was what I would call angry fast at that level, just about on the edge of being too fast for the street.

I will likely do a centi kit in the near future and stop at around 575-600whp. Currently my car is plenty for public roads, however it is far from "too much" car to handle.

In short I feel anything over 650-700whp is simply not necessary unless you are looking for a max effort drag car...
Old 09-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #24
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
From what I've read you're about 250hp over the limit of the IRS. I'm interested to see how it holds up.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:53 PM   #25
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
On my way to shop now going to see if I can put it back to 100% stock going to use it for a trade on 8 spd auto 16 2ss with CAI and just drive it ..my good friend has a 10 SS cammed LTs weld rts 3.91 gears real sharp car BLK with CF hood I am going to give him the ecs kit and alky kit for his car ....he rode in my car this week and said it was insane ..ITS funny to watch passengers grabbing onto stuff to hold on to thats not there like grab handles and saying OKOKOKOK ENOUGH ENOUGH LMAO..I WAS LIKE THATS just 2nd into mid 3rd
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote