Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #85
USARCPT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
Haven't heard anything from the fellow who complained since this all kicked off. I did volunteer to drive into my driveway vs. back in (the latter aims my stock exhaust his direction) and also suggested he purchase an oscillating fan + foam earplugs...

He's just your prototypical alpha male who likes to be right and have the last word. I've seen his kind countless times; they feed off of attention and ego. Leave 'em be and they wilt and die.

Or as my grandmother would say, "I think he wore the same pants to get glad in as he did to get mad in."
Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #86
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I think we should have a Bay Area BBQ at your place, let us modded ones show him what loud is =)
+1

I and a few of my buddies with muscle cars equipped with fully modded exhausts can come by and rev our engines at the same time to show your neighbor what real noise is. Maybe my buddies with Harley's can come too.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #87
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I think it's obvious what you're going to have to do.....

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #88
MR.CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
wow that sounds like he is jealous... he sounds like he would complain even if u had a Prius... its to quiet lol, i would tell him to F off and my car will NOT change. all he can do is complain and i think your neighbors will side with you wen you tell them its stock.

i second the water in the trash can. that should soften him up
MR.CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #89
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I know I am little late to the party, but at my old house we used to have a nieghbor that would complain to the HOA about my 1979 Z28 being too loud (headers and flowmasters, nothing too crazy), it being an eyesore, that it didn't move (I only drove it maybe once a month). Then we started getting letters from the HOA about how my weeds were "over grown" or my trees needed "trimming", etc. So I joined the HOA and talked to HOA manager once fines starting being associated and he informed me that there was over 20 complaints filed all by the same neighbor about my property.

One weekend that same neighbor threw a party that went well into the wee hours of the morning, blasting music, drinking, partying, etc. Well, I was a little pissed that I didn't get an invite, so I crawled under the camaro at 4 am the next morning, opened up the headers, and cranked it over, held it at about 3-4grand for a few seconds, flashed the throttle a couple times. Shut her off. Closed the garage. Never got another HOA letter or complaint again while I was living there. The HOA manager just laughed it off. Maybe it wasnt the neighborly thing to do, but it fixed the problem!

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #90
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
It's threads like these that make me glad I live in an area that doesn't have a HOA
Seems like just yesterday I spent $450 for a Roto Fab CAI!!! What the hell happened.
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote