Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #43
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessSinister View Post
Ok so you have a self-imposed 10 mph over but what about the other guy? I do not condone this behaviour especially from a LEO. While you may not be breaking any laws in your jurisdiction you are definitely not setting a positive example for others to follow. I thought LEOs are supposed to be role models and held to a higher standard than the public... meaning if you want the publics' respect you have to earn it and things like this (if it gets out or turns horribly wrong) sullys the reputation of the whole force.

To the OP, good job!
Now you guys are going to have me breaking a rule. Ugh. My speed limit isn't self imposed...it's a department standard for writing a speeding ticket.

Let's be perfectly honest and reasonable here. You can't lose control going from 0-45 driving in a straight line. It just isn't going to happen. I have watched kids start off a red light and go to 10 over then go back to the speed limit. I didn't pull them over. Now if they continue and start weaving through traffic or crossing the double yellow...yeah they are getting ticketed/charged for rec op. A little adrenaline rush is fine. Now if someone pulls up to me while I am already moving and revs at me or dicks around trying to get me to race them there isn't anyway I will fall into that. That is indeed dangerous. My only comment was when you are at a dead stop at a red light with no traffic and dry conditions...hell get your adrenaline rush.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #44
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Interesting views and opinions...One of the best things that I have done to my camaro is the dark tinted windows. If the other driver can't make eye contact to you it really avoids the situation entirely. Most people can't tell the difference from an LS to an LT or an SS, everyone thinks they are all V8's and just want to race a Camaro, because it's a Camaro.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #45
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
Interesting views and opinions...One of the best things that I have done to my camaro is the dark tinted windows. If the other driver can't make eye contact to you it really avoids the situation entirely. Most people can't tell the difference from an LS to an LT or an SS, everyone thinks they are all V8's and just want to race a Camaro, because it's a Camaro.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackersacker View Post
James your in Iowa he is in California, big differnce there. I used to live in St Louis area, one of the top ten for rates in the nation.
Geico is still one of the most expensive companies. He should shop around.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
I'm 26 and I still get baited into racing. But, only by Stangs and Challengers. I make it a point to give a friendly wave or thumbs up after the race. Ricers, Audi's, and other imports...I don't waste my time. I would rather save my gas than smoke those P.O.S.'s. Makes me chuckle when they rev their 1 Liter engines.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #48
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
I've seen too many people at test & tune, at my local track get completely sideways coming off the line, trying to beat my wife, in her V6 Mustang. Hard telling what would have happened, in traffic, against a real car. My wife doesn't read this, so I can bad mouth her car on here. That way I don't have to sleep with one eye open

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #49
usnavydoc

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3, 2012 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
I did shop around. In the bay area insurance isn't cheap...but I have government employee discount so its not as bad as it would be.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #50
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
I disagree. When I was shopping for insurance everyone wanted between $580-$850 PER MONTH LOL. I called up geico thinking no one would come down to Earth on their prices. Geico got me full coverage for 125/month
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #51
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Audi S4's are very quick, good thing you didn't take the bait. It would have been a struggle to put it behind you.
Audi driver probably got a ticket for this.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm

Last edited by upflying; 05-08-2012 at 05:53 PM.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Now that I can believe. A body shop I do some work for and they do mine doesnt much care for them, say they make them use cheap parts. I want body guy hsppy when he works on my car
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #53
usnavydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Audi S4's are very quick, good thing you didn't take the bait. It would have been a struggle to put it behind you.
Audi driver probably got a ticket for this.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm

Except that his did not have the s4 badge, wheels, and was a base model as far as I could tell. Wasn't going that fast when he floored it.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #54
usnavydoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackersacker View Post
Now that I can believe. A body shop I do some work for and they do mine doesnt much care for them, say they make them use cheap parts. I want body guy hsppy when he works on my car
I guess everybody has different experiences. I have been with them for 8 years and they took care of me. My girlfriend at the time crashed one of my cars, and then another time when I had a BMW 330i and a Honda civic driven by a driver high on drugs rear ended me at 60mph+. They let me pick the place where I wanted the car driven by my girlfriend to be fixed and I picked a good expensive place. As for the BMW, it was totalled, especially after the impact sent me flying into another car - they paid me out and I only lost $3000, despite the car being 2 years old.

I do compare rates every 6 months to see if there are better rates. At the same time, cheaper doesn't always mean better. I once had a really cheap insurance place when i was 18 and when i needed them customer service was a joke.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #55
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
I agree with others, you're a good man. Dangerous driving like that, right next to other drivers, with traffic ahead and behind, gets people hurt.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #56
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Depends on who you are and where you are, they had the best rates for me and I did shop around.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote