Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 08-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #253
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
D3 for me. I can imagine Chevy doing some kind of cool LED afterburner like effects with those tail lights.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #254
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I don't know. looks very mustang-ish, with the general shape and blacked out area

Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #255
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK...so guess I must be bored, cuz I took what I have above and changed the tail lights with some inspiration from this rendering below that I really like a lot. The lower and upper part would be illuminated when the brakes are not applied.

I swear I'm done now! Back to you DOC.
That's the rendering pic, best one yet.

Last edited by TooCool5; 08-29-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #256
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
And now for something (mostly) completely different; no black out in the back! It also has a slightly different license plate recess.
Attachment 550966

At first glance it seems kind of weird but for some strange reason I also kind of like it lol.
Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #257
ssrs396

A little change on the exhaust.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #258
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #259
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......
Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Name:  2016 Camaro back B2.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  67.6 KB

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Name:  2016 Camaro back B2q.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  68.0 KB

Quote:
A little change on the exhaust.
I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #260
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.
The body height from this particular view which is license plate-level (and wouldn't happen in real life) makes the body appear higher than it would really look because normally you would have 3 dimensional perspective. You can also see from the side and perspective views that the body height isn't that high. In fact in actuality it would be less than the Mustang in your sig.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F 3-view.jpg
Views: 2011
Size:  195.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #261
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
that front end is killer.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #262
KMPrenger

So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

Old 08-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #263
ssrs396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Attachment 551522

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Attachment 551523

I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.
Think Z/28 option!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #264
KMPrenger

This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #265
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWood-SS View Post
that front end is killer.
Thank You.

Quote:
So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

Oh I don't know...still working on details but for all I know they may have already seen it and are saying "Damn we should have done that back for our refresh!" or they're laughing and saying "Can you believe this clown?!". Ya never know lol. At any rate it's been entertaining and educational for me and compared to my first images I posted in this thread I'm getting better at it.

Quote:
Think Z/28 option!
Ya know...you just might be onto something... I'll put the aero package on it; maybe even something heftier than what I've already done. Great idea ssrs396!

Here's a preliminary front view based on the side and top views so these dimensions are pretty close to correct. Although I really like the SS logo in the front (and I think that's the way it should BE) I know they'd want to put the gold Chevy logo there instead so that's here in this view. I put the SS logo about where I'm guessing they'd put it...I don't know, maybe it should go a little higher. I can't decide if the running lights should be bigger, smaller or longer.... like I said this view is preliminary.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept front.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  68.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #266
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.
It would be easy to make the winglets bolt-on caps; you'd just have a gap/seam on the side where it joined the body instead of the smooth continuous look on my design but that's an easy option.

Yeah on the back with the round tail lights there's just too much dual round going on visually I think. Here's the D3 view with the quads; works much better.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept D3q.jpg
Views: 30387
Size:  72.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation