Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Dylan25

Drives: 2012 2 ss camaro 45th anniversary
ECS kit + meth

Everyone running an ecs kit i notice is running meth, i know it changes the temperatures and timing, but is it a MUST to run meth with the ecs kit? (sorry new to FI)
Dylan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
NOPE depending on power level

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
No, but any FI system over 600rwhp should have some sort of added octane. That can be meth, race gas, e85, etc. Meth is the cheapest/easiest way to support the octane needs.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
Dylan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
No, but any FI system over 600rwhp should have some sort of added octane. That can be meth, race gas, e85, etc. Meth is the cheapest/easiest way to support the octane needs.
I see, thank you
Old 05-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #5
TitusSS

Drives: ECS Supercharged 2010 SS
ECS kit plus meth here( Alky control). Had my tuner, Matt Sorian crank up the boost a bit, increase the spray. 11 lbs boost and 670 HP. In the Houston summer heat it runs a lot better than without the meth and I think it is worth every penny. YMMV.
TitusSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
+1 Dead on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusSS View Post
ECS kit plus meth here( Alky control). Had my tuner, Matt Sorian crank up the boost a bit, increase the spray. 11 lbs boost and 670 HP. In the Houston summer heat it runs a lot better than without the meth and I think it is worth every penny. YMMV.
Matt is the man! There is a small list of people that I would let touch my car, he is my go to guy, and my most trusted tuner.

OP if you do decide to go the meth route, make sure you have plenty of fail safes along with it.
This is just one option, you can wire it into a two step or a corn switch. The tuner can put fail safes into the tune as well.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...failsafe-gauge
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
Dylan25

Thanks a lot im still learning about Fi making sure I make the right choice the first time. I'll look into the fail safes too. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
+1 Dead on

Matt is the man! There is a small list of people that I would let touch my car, he is my go to guy, and my most trusted tuner.

OP if you do decide to go the meth route, make sure you have plenty of fail safes along with it.
This is just one option, you can wire it into a two step or a corn switch. The tuner can put fail safes into the tune as well.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...failsafe-gauge