Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #127
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Arrow Attempt at de-camoing 6th gen Camaro (outline sketch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
...it's a 6th gen Camaro in a 5th gen shell.
Hey, that's a good idea. Lets do a 5th gen overlay:

Quote:
Almost nothing is different in terms of the body lines of the car, even with the tarp.
I dunno. Maybe the body lines are so similar because of the tarp?
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #128
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post

That really shows the new car is smaller then the 5th gen. the outline of the 5th gen is larger than all the padding...
Old 08-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #129
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post

I would like to see an unanimated version of this. It does look smaller even with the padding.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #130
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
I would like to see an unanimated version of this. It does look smaller even with the padding.
Yes, it does appear lower, leaner and quite a bit smaller in the rear end.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #131
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS

I guess it really isn't strictly just a 5th gen shell, the more I look at it. The rear end of the car looks like it's significantly shorter. Comparing to the original 2010 Camaro and to a current z/28, it's a smaller car overall. No amount of masking could hide that...
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #132
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
Im getting my roblox verison pictures
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #133
16Camaroracer

Cool right
Old 08-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #134
16Camaroracer

Old 08-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #135
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
IF they could bolt up the alpha subframe & driveline to the 5th gen, they wouldn't need to camo the car
Old 08-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #136
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Here's two different levels of blend.

Keep in mind, I'm lining these up by the wheelbase. So if the 6th Gen has a shorter wheelbase then the 5th gen would be just that much larger in comparison. Essentially, I'm shrinking the photo of the 5th Gen to match the wheelbase of the prototype.

smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #137
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
IF they could bolt up the alpha subframe & driveline to the 5th gen, they wouldn't need to camo the car
LOL, the mules have been driving around under our noses undetected.

The mules rarely get camo. Only clever people might have notice an ATS or current Camaro driving around with something slightly amiss, like the exhaust or a slight proportion difference.

And mules rarely are in the quantity where 7 or 8 are out together. This is the real deal, these are very nearly the production intent cars with production intent shape.

And as I've been saying, with no one paying attention, when you pull off the padding and vinyl you will see a very tight, and smaller package.

There isn't enough here to remotely determine the shape of the car, even the roof is padded aft of the b-pillar.

And the very little bit of the real grill opening that you can see in the one front shot is not near enough to even tell if it is a single or double opening.

This is as good a camo job as I've ever seen.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #138
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LOL, the mules have been driving around under our noses undetected.

The mules rarely get camo. Only clever people might have notice an ATS or current Camaro driving around with something slightly amiss, like the exhaust or a slight proportion difference.

And mules rarely are in the quantity where 7 or 8 are out together. This is the real deal, these are very nearly the production intent cars with production intent shape.

And as I've been saying, with no one paying attention, when you pull off the padding and vinyl you will see a very tight, and smaller package.

There isn't enough here to remotely determine the shape of the car, even the roof is padded aft of the b-pillar.

And the very little bit of the real grill opening that you can see in the one front shot is not near enough to even tell if it is a single or double opening.

This is as good a camo job as I've ever seen.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:46 AM   #139
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
It's a 5thgen body .. Nothing here.. its just all hype..
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:18 AM   #140
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
It's scary how people see what they want to when there's not really a single new detail to make out. That gif jumps around like crazy between the two cars… the sketch looks like an Acura NSX, for Pete's sake.

Either the Camaro has barely changed, or as some people are (probably correctly) mentioning, it's a 6th gen Camaro in a 5th gen shell. Almost nothing is different in terms of the body lines of the car, even with the tarp. The tarp is there so GM doesn't have to deal with the repercussions of publicly testing a pre-production test car. They don't want people freaking out if there's a prototype on the road that looks exactly like the current Camaro, even if it's just a test mule not representative of the final product. The also don't want to give away the new design. They want some element of surprise. It's that simple.
"6th gen Camaro in a 5th gen shell. Almost nothing is different in terms of the body lines of the car" you really need to see a eye-doctor

even with the hard camo stuff over this Car there are plenty of things that changed form the current 5Gen, a normal person can see that, this car is smaller, specially the trunk, the hood is lower and the shape is not the same (at all) but anyway... points of view are like butts, every one has one

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation