#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #15
24MaroSS

Drives: 17' Maro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashu74 View Post
Not sure of the code number, I will try to get it before I drop at the dealer today. Onstar sent me a message saying it was emissions.
I was just about to tell you Onstar can read diagnostics about the car....
Old 12-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #16
rubamen

Drives: red camaro 2ss
Could be bad gas .had the same problem in my ss .i told the salemam if you don't fullup my cay with premium. Don't put any gas .he promised me to fullup will premium never seen the light again
rubamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #17
Lashu74
Lashu74

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I took it in and they ran a diagnostic on it and it came back as a P0132. Which is the O2 sensor in bank one sensor one. They're gonna replace the sensor. The tech got in the car did the diagnostic then he started it and the check engine light had gone out...was on all the way to the shop. He said it must have corrected itself that he did not clear it. We went for a test ride and he said it felt pretty normal...so I guess we will see what happens. I checked out the trunk mat on a new Camaro they had sitting in the showroom and it fit perfectly unlike mine so they are ordering me a new one. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Hopefully this is the only issue I will have and it's taken care of...now i just need some warm weather so I could get it out and run it a bit!
Lashu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #18
24MaroSS

Quote:
I took it in and they ran a diagnostic on it and it came back as a P0132. Which is the O2 sensor in bank one sensor one. They're gonna replace the sensor. The tech got in the car did the diagnostic then he started it and the check engine light had gone out...was on all the way to the shop. He said it must have corrected itself that he did not clear it. We went for a test ride and he said it felt pretty normal...so I guess we will see what happens. I checked out the trunk mat on a new Camaro they had sitting in the showroom and it fit perfectly unlike mine so they are ordering me a new one. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Hopefully this is the only issue I will have and it's taken care of...now i just need some warm weather so I could get it out and run it a bit!
Wow. It happens but at least they worked with you and werent a dick. Did you go back to the same dealer or just a local?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #19
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24MaroSS View Post
Wow. It happens but at least they worked with you and werent a dick. Did you go back to the same dealer or just a local?
I think to a local, since the original dealer is 300 miles away.
But I hear you that, they weren't a dick. That happened to me with another car, that the local dealer was giving me a run around, since I didn't buy it from them.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #20
Lashu74
Lashu74

Just local the dealer I got it from is about 300 miles away. I am currently working with them on getting paint correction on it. I am getting estimates and then I need to submit it to them. The car had scratches in the clear over pretty much the entire car. Looks like some knucklehead wiped it down with a dirty rag or wiped it down with dirt on it. I contacted GM and they got in touch with my local dealer to give them the heads up. Hopefully I can get all this crap taken care of and just enjoy the car!
Old 12-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #21
Lashu74
Lashu74

They were def cool about it I bought my last car somewhere else and had all the warranty work done there as well...I would have bought through them but they couldn't get me one..also I will def not be getting the paint correction done at the dealer...no way I'm letting some high school kid make it even worse!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #22
Bigchiefs1

Drives: 2012 transformer edition
Man that sucks. I ordered a A10 and I told the dealership if ANYONE washes the car when it comes in I won't buy it. No way I want a guy that makes $7 a hour to wash a 70 k car.
Bigchiefs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:52 AM   #23
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
That totally rains on the new car excitement parade. Glad to hear they made a step in the right direction. Enjoy it once they're done!
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:54 AM   #24
24MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchiefs1 View Post
Man that sucks. I ordered a A10 and I told the dealership if ANYONE washes the car when it comes in I won't buy it. No way I want a guy that makes $7 a hour to wash a 70 k car.
In their defense though, they may do a good job I understand though. We all have to start somewhere right?

But point well taken
Old 12-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #25
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
..also I will def not be getting the paint correction done at the dealer...no way I'm letting some high school kid make it even worse!
But, what are they going to do? Remove a layer of paint by buffing it out?
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #26
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
But, what are they going to do? Remove a layer of paint by buffing it out?
It's just the clearcoat. Needs a cut and wax. This is why I always tell dealers never to detail my car. Don't even think about letting some high school kid wash my car with the same dirty ass rag they just washed 30 other cars with, using the same dirty water... Ruined. That would be a deal breaker for me.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #27
Lashu74
Lashu74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24MaroSS View Post
In their defense though, they may do a good job I understand though. We all have to start somewhere right?

But point well taken
I agree, we do, but we also need to walk before we run.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #28
Lashu74
Lashu74

Yeah its just in the clear coat as far as I can tell, first estimate was over 900. Which I think might be a bit much but it was through a reputable shop that does quality work. Im getting an estimate from the dealer today and then one other reputable shop after. Ill have three estimates to submit to the dealer I bought it from. Hopefully he takes care of it with no push back. Otherwise Ill have to pursue it through GM. I will say that the dealer I bought it from has been pretty easy to work with thus far.