Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
50 rwhp GAINS with LG Motorsports Super Pro Headers and tune

2013 A6 ZL1 arrived at the shop this morning with a few dress up upgrades and a RotoFab cold air intake, we installed our full 1 7/8 LG Super Pro Long Tubes finished in Black Jet Hot coating, high flow cats and full 3" mid section into his stock muffler system.

Tuning on the dyno and a solid 488 rwhp through the auto.

Nice gains for a days work!

Thanks for bringing the car by Chuck!
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
488 - 50 = 438 WHP? Lowest stock number I've ever seen, and I'm factoring for the Auto. And 488 is the lowest number I've seen with full exhaust + CAI + Tune as well, albeit that 50 WHP is a great gain.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
488 - 50 = 438 WHP? Lowest stock number I've ever seen, and I'm factoring for the Auto. And 488 is the lowest number I've seen with full exhaust + CAI + Tune as well, albeit that 50 WHP is a great gain.
Well I can't believe this is about to happen, but I agree with you 438rwhp is extremely low...With the CAI and exhaust/tune at car should have dyno'ed closer to 520-530, just guessing on the number...Something is amidst here...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I agree. Bone stock mine was 516 rwhp on a dynojet.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
Well I can't believe this is about to happen, but I agree with you 438rwhp is extremely low...With the CAI and exhaust/tune at car should have dyno'ed closer to 520-530, just guessing on the number...Something is amidst here...
Lol man, cheers....
Old 09-29-2016, 09:21 AM   #6
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
I agree. Bone stock mine was 516 rwhp on a dynojet.
Our 2013 manual car put down 490 rwhp stock. Now this was an auto car which historically they seem to put down 440-450 rwhp stock on OUR dynojet here. This one did seem a bit lower than normal but showed no signs of knock during the baseline pulls. We have seen in the past with some cold airs, the cars making less power than with a stock air box. Best we could tell that was the only thing changed.

The car had been mod'd prior to this customer buying the car and returned to stock in some form.

All runs were done at full operating temp, there was not a cold pull done before or after which can skew numbers too of course.

On this day, that is what the car came in at, and how it left.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
LG used the dyno exactly how it should be used, solid before/after gains. Anything else has so much error it is almost useless to compare. Same car could go on a different dyno and lay down 550rwhp, but it would have baselined higher.

Props to LG and keep up the good work.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Our 2013 manual car put down 490 rwhp stock. Now this was an auto car which historically they seem to put down 440-450 rwhp stock on OUR dynojet here. This one did seem a bit lower than normal but showed no signs of knock during the baseline pulls. We have seen in the past with some cold airs, the cars making less power than with a stock air box. Best we could tell that was the only thing changed.

The car had been mod'd prior to this customer buying the car and returned to stock in some form.

All runs were done at full operating temp, there was not a cold pull done before or after which can skew numbers too of course.

On this day, that is what the car came in at, and how it left.
Has the customer returned with any concern???If not I would think that your business would be obligated to call the customer, advise him/her of the low HP and offer to assess the vehicle...No way you should be on any site bragging about your system and the vehicle that was modded is barely over stock RWHP numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
LG used the dyno exactly how it should be used, solid before/after gains. Anything else has so much error it is almost useless to compare. Same car could go on a different dyno and lay down 550rwhp, but it would have baselined higher.

...Do you work at "LG"???Because that is the only reason I could see you supporting this thread...According to "LG" and the chart there was nothing solid before or after to be patting their own back...Blame it on the dyno, maybe it needs to be calibrated...If this is good work, I would definitely hate to see any work that was not totally committed...

Old 09-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #9
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Car should be at 515-530 no problem for sure... So the 50 WHP gain is good, but the car is a dud I'd guess. Sometimes it has to do with boost leaks and stupid crap like that...I would say that it's a possibility that it was "unmodified" incorrectly (Since it was modded but returned to stock to sell), but that doesn't work because the tune and LG's work should have reversed it and brought those numbers back up to ~520 WHP.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I wish I worked for LG. If Anthony or Lou want to offer me a job I'll take it.

Dynos are tools to tune and show gains, not end all numbers. It gained 50+hp before/after. That is all that matters, not the end numbers.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #11
Niemienator

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post

+1

There is a lot of smart people on this forum. But dyno numbers that are too good to be true... Usually are that, pretty much an ego stroke in exchange for your money. Take your car to at least 2-3 dyno's... Somebody that didn't work on your car and you will see this for yourself.

LG is an accomplished road racer/builder, hence the +50 result.
Niemienator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #12
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Not trying to bash "LG" but any reputable tuner/shop should have been extremely concerned with the "overall" failed performance of the vehicle and at least attempted to diagnose the problem...Maybe the previous owner used bad fuel and the car is in limp mode..."LG" should have the owner bring the car back in source the potential problem and put it back on the dyno or work out a deal with another tuner to be dyno'd elsewhere and if the numbers are the same then the owner has a real issue with the car...

Old 09-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #13
Aliveguy5

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Isn't the best "real" world test before and after slips from the 1/4?
Aliveguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #14
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliveguy5 View Post
Isn't the best "real" world test before and after slips from the 1/4?
No because there are to many variables, driver, car, track, weather, etc...