Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Upgrading Axles and Clutch

as the title says what did you guys go for? my mods are listed on my sig and pushing 490rwhp+ I'm just a little bit paranoid as I keep seeing people braking there axles with the same setup even with just doing hard pulls with stickier tires on and off track.

I'm definitely going for a boost setup in the near future just want to take the slowly getting supporting parts than the break and replace way. Would really suck to be one of those guys that would break something in a highway run.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
I have only seen the following broken axles on the track: Stock SS and aftermarkets, I have never seen a damaged ZL1 axle, ever and I track A LOT (33 days this year alone)......Make sure you do your research if you are tracking your car "HP" ratings are not based on a 90 degree left hand turn (where they ALL seem to break...) with sticky tires.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
well most of the people I've seen broke theirs are on the strip and recently the other day on the street from launching hard and all with DR's I just want to prepare and really not having to worry about this heavy car breaking other things when one of the major components break during heavy acceleration.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Yes hard launching is a killer......I was hoping you were going to say the track vs the strip....can't help much there.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote