Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
American Racing Headers - complete exhaust w/mufflers

I'm looking at the American Racing 1 7/8" Primaries With 3" Merge Collectors, 3" X-Pipe (With Cats) Includes Mufflers With Polished Stainless Steel Tips. The alternative is to buy everything but the mufflers, and add the Corsa axle-back system. Price is about the same, either way.

Anyone own or hear this complete system? Main thing I'm trying to avoid is drone or excessive sound levels, which is why I was leaning towards the Corsa axle-back system. The shop doing the work, which is a top shop that I trust, says that the American Racing complete system with mufflers doesn't drone, and it's not overly loud. Of course any exhaust on a long-tube header is going to be loud, which I like. I'm just trying to avoid excessively loud systems, but I don't mind a nice healthy muscle car sound!

Feedback is appreciated.

Todd
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
It's not to loud at all. As a nice deep throuty rumble. It can get loud when you get on it, but I'm not sure how it would compare to Corsa though. There is absolutely no drone in my car. I cruise at 2100 rpm doing 75-80. You can also PM "SSDan" he has the same exhaust.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I just bought this exact system form ARH and will have it installed next week...I will keep you posted. The guy who hooked me up says it doesnt drone and is not overly loud....I trust him as I got it for my vert.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Ok, encouraging so far. Mickey, I PM'd SSDan. meSSo, keep me posted! My install won't happen for a month, shop is booked up.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #5
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
I'm looking at the American Racing 1 7/8" Primaries With 3" Merge Collectors, 3" X-Pipe (With Cats) Includes Mufflers With Polished Stainless Steel Tips. The alternative is to buy everything but the mufflers, and add the Corsa axle-back system. Price is about the same, either way.

Anyone own or hear this complete system? Main thing I'm trying to avoid is drone or excessive sound levels, which is why I was leaning towards the Corsa axle-back system. The shop doing the work, which is a top shop that I trust, says that the American Racing complete system with mufflers doesn't drone, and it's not overly loud. Of course any exhaust on a long-tube header is going to be loud, which I like. I'm just trying to avoid excessively loud systems, but I don't mind a nice healthy muscle car sound!

Feedback is appreciated.

Todd
Where and who sells Corsa axle backs????? Must KNOW!!!!!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Apparently you haven't looked in the exhaust compilation sticky. The are two complete ARH exhaust system links. There are a couple of Corsa vids with LT's, just not ARH. The header company makes little difference, as long as they're LT's.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
If you dont want drone, get the complete ARH system. It's not loud at all until you drop the hammer, then it wakes up very nicely.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Where and who sells Corsa axle backs????? Must KNOW!!!!!
I got mine from Maryland Speed, nice folks. I have Pfadt LT headers, the car roars at WOT, quiet at cruising speed and NO drone.

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGs SS View Post
I got mine from Maryland Speed, nice folks. I have Pfadt LT headers, the car roars at WOT, quiet at cruising speed and NO drone.
Your signature say you have a cat back, not an axle back. Which do you have?

I am not aware of Corsa making an axle back for the Camaro.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
Bottom Dweller

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
I have the ARH complete system you want but without the cats. Like someone else said, nice sound, no drone, not to loud until you get on it. It truly comes alive and sounds like a beast when your wide open. Great fitment and simple to install. It took two of us roughly 45min to install. Super Product!!
Bottom Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
45 min.....thats awesome. Chevy dealer quoted me 6 hrs !!!!
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
Synner

Drives: cars
Its not loud but I don't have videos and I'm on the wrong continent to get one. No drone either.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #13
H8S FORD
Head Ford Harasser

Drives: '10 IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
The shop doing the work, which is a top shop that I trust...
In SJ, are you going to see Mike at TPS for the work to be done? He does phenomenal work! I make the 3.5 hour trip each way for him. Haven't had any performance work done to my SS yet (just bought it Tuesday), but he is the only guy that touched my C6.

Good luck!
Dave
H8S FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #14
TriGun

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS Ice Silver
I had ARH complete system with no cats. This is the link for my car on dyno.

When cruising it has a nice deep sound without any drones. But it is too loud for my taste when you step on it. This is why I replaced it with dynatech headers and stock cat back with no cats.

You cannot judge the exhaust tone or loudness until you hear it by your own ears.
TriGun is offline   Reply With Quote