Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #57
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Still doesn't look like a camaro and more resembles a video game wannabe corvette. the front fenders still resemble the third gen corvette, doesn't look like its big enough to have a decent size backseat and the rims look like fake Ferrari wheels. also with the newer renderings with the headlights moved to the insides of the turn signals it doesn't look right. The front bumper and grill area needs to be changed because it just looks like a poor attempt at copying the current grill and bumper. Also your rendering is a wire covered rendering so with the seats you have in there they wont fit in a real world production car because body structure and interior panel pieces will eat up a lot of interior room and once done the seats you have wont fit.
I think you're looking at this as though it's a finished design ready for production; it isn't. Right now basically it IS a video game image. Yeah the front fenders are somewhat corvette-like...not sure why that's an issue. It's a +2 design so the back seat would be small. The wheels are not a focus right now; they're just there for reference. Use your imagination and imagine some other style of you don't like them. The front bumper and grill aren't supposed to be exactly like the current gen; they're stylized so as not to completely abandon the family identity. The front of a Camaro is one of the most recognizable and distinguishable characteristics of the car; I'm choosing to keep that. I haven't even started doing anything with the interior; I just stuck those seats in there to fill the space so it wouldn't look empty.

This isn't a finalized finished design; it's merely a concept at this point so just use your imagination to fill in details that aren't there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sorry, should fave been more clear. The side toward bowtie a little taller than the side toward the fender. Sort of following the contour of the grill more.

I think it looks pretty good considering it doesn't have the details yet.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Ok gotcha; that gives me a better idea of what to do. Thanks for the feedback.

Changes are being made in many ways and areas; some subtle, some not so subtle. Everyone's thoughts, ideas, perceptions help me to see what others are seeing that I don't so keep the feedback and comments coming!

Here's a few more snaps showing the latest revisions:

Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c1.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  78.9 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c2.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c3.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  Concept 2020 alt6c4.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  43.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #58
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sorry, should fave been more clear. The side toward bowtie a little taller than the side toward the fender. Sort of following the contour of the grill more.

I think it looks pretty good considering it doesn't have the details yet.

So what do you like better... thicker or thinner?

Name:  concept 2020 thick.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  49.9 KB
Name:  concept 2020 thin.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  44.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #59
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
So what do you like better... thicker or thinner?

Attachment 588103
Attachment 588104
Thicker. Looks good . It probably won't look the same as you tweak stuff, but right now I like it,

Old 01-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #60
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
The front end is too short unless it's supposed to be an MR setup. Not a bad design overall though. Not bad at all.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #61
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Sorry but the car looks too much like a bastardized corvette and the front lights and grill look like, and sorry I cant think of a better term, a retarded camaro. If you are trying to make it a car with a back seat its not going to work because the corvette style back window slopes down too drastically and would only allow for someone that is less than 4' tall to fit back there with no where to put there legs. Sorry but your design doesn't and hasn't started to resemble anything that i would call a camaro. the front fenders and gills are corvette and the entire back and back glass also resemble a corvette. its looking more and more like a C3 corvette that was merged with a C5 corvette. I would look at the threads that you jumped in and called the designs comic bookish for inspiration because those at least to me had a camaro feel to them. Yes the proportions on those aren't right but with some tweaking i think they could be made to work. I am not saying your designs are bad I am just saying they are not Camaro or even Mustang or anything that would have a backseat for that matter. Your design is good but looks like its a 1990's design not a 2020 design. you are going to need a longer roof line to accommodate a back seat on your design if you are going to stick with it. JMHO
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #62
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Well it's actually the same wheelbase as the current Camaro; 112 inches. Front track is 60" rear track is 61". One of the design goals was to improve driver visibility which is why it's open and airy looking. Considering that CAFE requirements may force GM to put a 4 cylinder engine in the Camaro by that time, would a base model car that's a "fun little sports car" be all that bad? Maybe it's not the asphalt-ripping V8 monster we all know and love today but a lighter, more nimble and a blast to drive car is not exactly a disaster. I think a car like that would sell very well. This is the base model. Keep in mind I'm going to add some aero pieces which will definitely give it a more aggressive look, but again we have to accept that things are going to change. I'm designing with that reality in mind; trying to create a shape that's clean, efficient and looks fast. I don't want to wind up with a government regulation car that looks like a government regulation car; the thing that happened to cars in the 70's when all kinds of new regulations hit the auto makers.
I like the design, it just isn't as muscly as I'd expect for a muscle car. I think someone that's missing is a bit of a bump where the rear wheels are. The straight-line cue along the entire side of the car makes it look a little undefined; if it had just a hint of hip there and/or the top of the side indentation went up at the end around the tires I think it would make it seem a little more defined. I think there's some hip there though, and the render just isn't showing it properly. Also, I think that the rear window would look a little better if it wasn't *so* round, though it's probably more aerodynamic the way it is.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #63
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

In the famous words of Monty Python: "And now for something completely different!"

This idea popped into my mind with regards to the side styling and I went with it along with some other changes. I like the front half of this version better.

She has curves captain!

Name:  2020 Concept Alt10a.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  2020 Concept Alt10b.jpg
Views: 5921
Size:  39.5 KB
Name:  2020 Concept Alt10c.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  60.1 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 01-05-2014, 05:34 PM   #64
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
(TO THE MODS: Since there isn't a category yet for concepts beyond 2016 I put this in here.)

I figure by now the 2016 Camaro is probably already designed. SOoo... just to start the new year off with a bang, here's my concept idea for 2020. However, now that I'm this far into it I realized it may actually work better as a Mustang. So I'd like to see what people think before I put anymore work into it.

Now before we get to the pictures I'll get the obvious reactions out of the way:

OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A VETTE!! A DODGE!! A FERRARI!! A MCLAREN!! A PINTO!! AN '83 BUICK!! MY TRUCK!!! Dude, WHAT were you THINKING!!???

Yes yes... I'm guilty. I deliberately designed it to look just like... a car...

Soooooo..... what do you guys (or gals) think? Does this style work as a Camaro or does it work better as a Mustang?

Camaro:
Attachment 587125
Attachment 587126

Mustang:
Attachment 587128
Attachment 587127

Here's the original concept side view drawing I started with:
Attachment 587129

With my previous 2016 concept I spent most of my time on the front and back and struggled with the side. This time I put most of my effort into the side and profile views. I took all the comments made in that previous concept thread and put them to use; more curves, more side detail, less square and boxy, etc. I also noticed a LOT of people really like the retro/heritage look so for this concept (at the moment anyways) I went with clearly identifiable styling elements for the front and back. I may change that up as I spend more time with it. This is a pure design with a fairly sophisticated styling on the sides. I didn't want anything frivolous but at the same time I didn't want it too plain.

This design concept seems to work better with bright colors I've noticed. The dark colors don't do so well on this shape.

Attachment 587130
Attachment 587131
Attachment 587132
Attachment 587135
Attachment 587133
Attachment 587134

The Camaro front is pure retro/heritage but that too may change:

Attachment 587136

I actually haven't put a lot of time into the front or back yet and there's detail and finishing work that needs to be done all over the place. This whole thing went from flat 2d drawing to what you see now in about 4 days; compare that to the 2 months it took me to get the 2016 concept together! Nothing like practice and knowing what you're doing!!

This design isn't "spacey" or gimmicky; it's intended to be a pure styling concept that's elegant, beautiful, classy and clean. If the consensus is this doesn't work as a Camaro, I'll make it a Mustang. I already have an idea for the front. If the majority like this as a Camaro, then too bad for the Ford crowd.

So whatchyall think?
Not a fan of any of these. Sorry.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #65
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So doc, not to be rude but what brand and model are you trying to represent here again? I feel as though I've missed something even though I've been following your thread.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #66
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
In the famous words of Monty Python: "And now for something completely different!"

This idea popped into my mind with regards to the side styling and I went with it along with some other changes. I like the front half of this version better.

She has curves captain!

Attachment 588285
Attachment 588286
Attachment 588287
Can you try to put the head lights ( rectangular shape ) on the far outside of the grill where you have the turn signal , and the turn signal from there and around the corner , this would eliminate the need for side markers
Thinking about the lights used on the Avalanche kind a shape
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #67
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
This perspective looks great, the best of any as far as proportions. I think the front should have a totally new look while having a few subtle hints of the current retro styling. This color is best I think for showing the lines. Keep going, be as original as possible.
Attached Images

JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #68
LiquidDragon

I am really starting to like where your design is going. Hope you don't mind that i kinda butchered your picture but I made a copy and did the best i could with paint to show the things that i would change. I don't like the back glass so i added quarter windows and made the roof line longer and made the doors longer to show you the changes i would make. also i don't like that sharp front end. I am better and just drawing on paper so please excuse my crappy windows paint adjustments.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #69
LiquidDragon

Oh and you should play around with the different front ends on the car like the 70-73 and all the other generations.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #70
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I can see a lot of effort has gone into the design. I've been trying to determine what it reminds me of. I think maybe the Ford Probe is the closest. I've been trying to think about what to do to make it look more like a pony car. Guess I'm just not a designer. I'm looking forward to seeing the evolution of this model.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation