Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #309
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
6) Improve the paint quality.
This. A 1000x this. Please, for God's sake. While most modern paints suck, the paint on this car is particularly sucky.
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #310
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
This. A 1000x this. Please, for God's sake. While most modern paints suck, the paint on this car is particularly sucky.
No it isn't. This is my second car made after 2010, the paint was just as bad on this at was my other car as it is just as bad as it is on everyone else's new cars. I wish people would stop pretending like this is some big quality issue and GM skimped on paint or something.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #311
Mamooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
No it isn't. This is my second car made after 2010, the paint was just as bad on this at was my other car as it is just as bad as it is on everyone else's new cars. I wish people would stop pretending like this is some big quality issue and GM skimped on paint or something.
The paint sucks. Sorry man. I have a 2010 Ford that sees 10x as much mileage as this 2012 car and it looks better. The paint is shit. As I said, most paint is shit now but this shit is particularly shitty.

People should stop acting like it ISN'T a quality control issue. I've programmed in many a paint shop and I know shit paint from all the times the measuring boys come back and make my robot guys change paths and patterns. This is some truly soft paint, man. It's not a dig or Chevy bashing, it's just the truth. Not to mention that every exterior surface of every Camaro I've ever seen has orange peel somewhere. You don't even get that on a Cruze.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #312
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
A stripped entry level base coupe. As in crank windows,no xm,no power seats, manual locks, and minus the nannies, for $19995.00.
Re-style the "rally" wheels to resemble something that is, well, a rally wheel, rather than something that looks like it was borrowed from a '90 S-10.
Other than that, keep the bean counters from sourcing crap parts, and have the new plant focus on attention to build detail.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #313
buckeyemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
The paint sucks. Sorry man. I have a 2010 Ford that sees 10x as much mileage as this 2012 car and it looks better. The paint is shit. As I said, most paint is shit now but this shit is particularly shitty.

People should stop acting like it ISN'T a quality control issue. I've programmed in many a paint shop and I know shit paint from all the times the measuring boys come back and make my robot guys change paths and patterns. This is some truly soft paint, man. It's not a dig or Chevy bashing, it's just the truth. Not to mention that every exterior surface of every Camaro I've ever seen has orange peel somewhere. You don't even get that on a Cruze.
I've done two back-and-forth road trips from St Louis to Cleveland in both good and bad weather, my paint isn't messed up at all. Sounds more to me like people looking for reasons to bitch. Maybe learn to wax a car and protect the paint.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #314
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
I've done two back-and-forth road trips from St Louis to Cleveland in both good and bad weather, my paint isn't messed up at all. Sounds more to me like people looking for reasons to bitch. Maybe learn to wax a car and protect the paint.
Really? You sure you car doesnt have a 3m clear bra over the entire surface? Or does your road trips include 20mph top speed? Because I assure you, waxing a car doesnt protect paint from road chips or vehicles in front of you throwing up debris that may chip the paint. Thats a bullshit comment if I ever heard of one. So you only took 2 road trips and have parked you car? Drive more often and it'll chip.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #315
Mamooth

Quote:

Listen, man, I'm not going to get into a measuring contest about who knows how to take care of a car.

My car doesn't see hardly any miles, is always washed carefully (much more carefully than cars with less sensitive paint) and the paint looks worse. I never follow anything, truck or otherwise, closely on the highway. My paint has chips ALL over it. Not just in high impact areas either, I have chips in places where the impact should have to be HARD to chip. Too many people have these problems to think it's a figment.

The paint is sensitive, soft, and weak. I can swirl this paint by LOOKING at it.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #316
buckeyemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Really? You sure you car doesnt have a 3m clear bra over the entire surface? Or does your road trips include 20mph top speed? Because I assure you, waxing a car doesnt protect paint from road chips or vehicles in front of you throwing up debris that may chip the paint. Thats a bullshit comment if I ever heard of one. So you only took 2 road trips and have parked you car? Drive more often and it'll chip.
No... are you that dense? I daily drive my car, I don't have a magical 3M bra that covers the whole car... I just some how am able to keep my paint from being as tore up as some of you people claim it is yet aren't even DDing the thing.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #317
Mamooth

Quote:
No... are you that dense? I daily drive my car, I don't have a magical 3M bra that covers the whole car... I just some how am able to keep my paint from being as tore up as some of you people claim it is yet aren't even DDing the thing.
Edit: I can only wish everyone was as good at taking care of paint as yourself, then.

Last edited by Mamooth; 07-05-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #318
C Murda

Drives: Camaros, BMWs, Cummins, Ninja
i could make a giant list of requests BUT my only real one is DONT **** IT UP! keep it a "higher class" car, loose a minimum of 300 lbs somewhere somehow, quality and comfortable interior, a great power train and MEAN FUNCTIONAL looks... definitely dont make it look like this 6th gen prototype im seeing pictures of which is HIDEOUS!
C Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #319
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I say throw in all of the comforts of a luxury car so long as they don't sacrifice the performance. I don't think the two need to be mutually exclusive. If I had to pick two things in particular, however, it would be:

- Cooled seats
- T-Tops
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #320
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I would like to see adaptive headlights included with the RS package. You know, that turn left and right to match your steering wheel movements

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #321
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
...and I agree with you. And this from a perspective of an individual comparing standards over generations and time. Today, what we get off the line, is far better than years past. People complain too much. Waaah...

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation