Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #15
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #16
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #17
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #18
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #19
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #20
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #21
Mr Snappy

Old 10-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #22
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
You can see our red car in the back round.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
Mr Snappy

Ok...well, that sucked loading those pictures one at a time!

I will give you my honest thoughts on the Camaro since I have now seen it in person...and got to SIT in one!

Let me first say that Chevy is class. I only heard about this event through this forum. My wife, son, and I just drove over to the Overland Park convention center not sure what we were going to be able see/do. First of all, about 10 or so new C6 Camaros in the parking lot...just sitting there. Nice to give them a look without the marketing dudes hovering. Then we walked into the room with the cars. First off, they gave all of us really cool Camaro ball caps...nice ones! And a free lunch that was pretty decent!

Then, the main reason that I went...to actually sit in one! (it's the white one in the pictures above) It is an RS with the upgraded interior.

Now for the appraisal:

THE GOOD:

1. The car feels smaller...and that's a good thing. NOT SMALL...smaller. It's still feels like a hot rod.

2. The interior is vastly improved. The feel is very nice on most surfaces. The steering wheel is perfect and feels like my C7 corvette. The buttons on the steering wheel are the same lay-out as the vette. The tilted main screen will take some getting use to, but it's not really an issue.

3. The seats: Ok, I'm a big guy. 6'1" and 300+lbs. The seats are good, even for us big guys. Plenty of travel and plenty of head-room.

4. The New Wheels: They look MUCH better in person than in pictures, especially the ones that are sort of "pewter" or "gun metal" colored. They are fantastic and the ones I would go with under several color scenarios.

5. The "RED LINE" Wheels: I was interested in these wheels, and they do look good...but I discovered one very interesting thing about them today. The actual red line around the edge of the wheel sits in a little trench or depression. The red line is painted inside that trench, not a sticker. It looked to be a more "durable" solution for the life of the red line.

6. Colors: If I go with a Camaro, this will be a hard choice. The Garnett Red, Torch Red, White, Blue, and Gray all looked good. The black looked mean as hell, but I'm not buying any more black cars (8 of them should have taught me my lesson by now.

THE BAD:

Ok, those fan-boys are not going to want to hear some of this and it's just my opinion...

1. The new belt-line is a HUGE problem if you are use to resting your elbow on the top edge of the door, either with the window up or down. I could get use to it, but won't like it. It's just my driving style to prop up my arm on top of the door and keep my left hand on the wheel when cruising.

2. Some of the switch gear is still incredibly cheap, looked and felt like it would break when touched. Come on GM....these are going to be $45K+ cars. Door handles look good but are very awkward to use.

3. No good access for power cords for Radar Detectors, cell phones, or GPS units. Seriously? This is 2015. Ford has this down cold, GM needs to get a clue here. No good access to power on the rear-view mirror. I had this problem with the C7 Corvette until an owner posted on Corvette Forum the solution. At least leave the back of the plug easy to get to on the mirror!

Overall I was impressed and am waiting until the Verts come out before I decide on what my next toy is going to be. The Camaro 2SS Vert is what I will be interested in, but also the Mustang GT Vert and well as some German cars. I can tell you that the Chevy is still very much in the running!
Old 10-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #24
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
Ok...well, that sucked loading those pictures one at a time!

I will give you my honest thoughts on the Camaro since I have now seen it in person...and got to SIT in one!

Let me first say that Chevy is class. I only heard about this event through this forum. My wife, son, and I just drove over to the Overland Park convention center not sure what we were going to be able see/do. First of all, about 10 or so new C6 Camaros in the parking lot...just sitting there. Nice to give them a look without the marketing dudes hovering. Then we walked into the room with the cars. First off, they gave all of us really cool Camaro ball caps...nice ones! And a free lunch that was pretty decent!

Then, the main reason that I went...to actually sit in one! (it's the white one in the pictures above) It is an RS with the upgraded interior.

Now for the appraisal:

THE GOOD:

1. The car feels smaller...and that's a good thing. NOT SMALL...smaller. It's still feels like a hot rod.

2. The interior is vastly improved. The feel is very nice on most surfaces. The steering wheel is perfect and feels like my C7 corvette. The buttons on the steering wheel are the same lay-out as the vette. The tilted main screen will take some getting use to, but it's not really an issue.

3. The seats: Ok, I'm a big guy. 6'1" and 300+lbs. The seats are good, even for us big guys. Plenty of travel and plenty of head-room.

4. The New Wheels: They look MUCH better in person than in pictures, especially the ones that are sort of "pewter" or "gun metal" colored. They are fantastic and the ones I would go with under several color scenarios.

5. The "RED LINE" Wheels: I was interested in these wheels, and they do look good...but I discovered one very interesting thing about them today. The actual red line around the edge of the wheel sits in a little trench or depression. The red line is painted inside that trench, not a sticker. It looked to be a more "durable" solution for the life of the red line.

6. Colors: If I go with a Camaro, this will be a hard choice. The Garnett Red, Torch Red, White, Blue, and Gray all looked good. The black looked mean as hell, but I'm not buying any more black cars (8 of them should have taught me my lesson by now.

THE BAD:

Ok, those fan-boys are not going to want to hear some of this and it's just my opinion...

1. The new belt-line is a HUGE problem if you are use to resting your elbow on the top edge of the door, either with the window up or down. I could get use to it, but won't like it. It's just my driving style to prop up my arm on top of the door and keep my left hand on the wheel when cruising.

2. Some of the switch gear is still incredibly cheap, looked and felt like it would break when touched. Come on GM....these are going to be $45K+ cars. Door handles look good but are very awkward to use.

3. No good access for power cords for Radar Detectors, cell phones, or GPS units. Seriously? This is 2015. Ford has this down cold, GM needs to get a clue here. No good access to power on the rear-view mirror. I had this problem with the C7 Corvette until an owner posted on Corvette Forum the solution. At least leave the back of the plug easy to get to on the mirror!

Overall I was impressed and am waiting until the Verts come out before I decide on what my next toy is going to be. The Camaro 2SS Vert is what I will be interested in, but also the Mustang GT Vert and well as some German cars. I can tell you that the Chevy is still very much in the running!
Thanks for your insight!
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #25
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Pics from Boston stop here.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #26
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I am glad you posted pictures here, I had a work gig come up and couldn't make it even though I've been planing on going up to Overland Park for this since the day they announced it! Also thank YOU for your opinions, it was a legit criticism and not bashing the living hell out of the vehicle!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #27
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Excellent info. Sad to hear about the buttons. In this day and age is there really any price difference between quality buttons and cheap crappy ones?

I haven't seen or played with the car yet. But, I agree in that they did a ton of work to improve the interior. Why not hit the Cadillac parts bin for buttons?
Old 10-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #28
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Thanks for the pics and the review!