Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #15
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Went Amsoil and haven't looked back love there stuff. I run it everything i own.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
Andy-AMSOIL

Drives: bicycle
It would be nice to see the camaro with the AMSOIL cone filter, and maybe some AMSOIL DOT 4 Racing break fluid being pumped into the breaks system.
Andy-AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #17
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
I can work on that for you this week. Currently in Georgia picking up a trailer. When we get back I'll be sure to take those pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #18
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I was debating between AMSOIL and Royal Purple. I have approximately 53k miles on the SS and planning on changing all the fluids soon. I'm glad I came across this thread , good to hear testimonials from people who drive the same car as I do.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #19
jksynergy

Had to add that we replaced the filter that comes with the Roto Fab CAI with an Amsoil come filter. Fits perfect and the blue color isn't too bad either.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #20
Andy-AMSOIL

Dry cone filters perform amazing, the horsepower increase and the level of filtration is classy.

when dirty just use some presume air and blow from inside out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksynergy View Post
Had to add that we replaced the filter that comes with the Roto Fab CAI with an Amsoil come filter. Fits perfect and the blue color isn't too bad either.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #21
jksynergy

Video from one of our autocross outings. Had to have a little advertising in the video too...
https://youtu.be/sg2mxKhSw0E

Old 05-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #22
Andy-AMSOIL

Any updates.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #23
jksynergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-AMSOIL View Post
Any updates.
Autox event this weekend. Then change oil, check and flush brake fluid and prepare for a large event in 2 weeks. Will let you know how she does.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Amazing! I changed all my fluids too. Shell Spiral in the tranny, Lucas 75w90 in the diff and Shell Rotella T 10w30 in the engine. All nonsynthetic. My car shifts smooth as silk and runs great! Most new fluids will do that.
Ha! Just being sarcastic.....or am I?
If I raced, yes, I would most likely use Amsoil or Red Line. Glad you are happy with your purchase.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #25
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Amazing! I changed all my fluids too. Shell Spirax in the tranny, Lucas 75w90 in the diff and Shell Rotella T 10w30 in the engine. All nonsynthetic. My car shifts smooth as silk and runs great! Most new fluids will do that.
Ha! Just being sarcastic.....or am I?
If I raced, yes, I would most likely use Amsoil or Red Line. Glad you are happy with your purchase.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #26
jksynergy

Update time:
In the last 2 weeks we have participated in both the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car. We won the novice road course event at Midwest and placed respectably in the Optima event. Ran as novice in both.
Must say the brake fluid was my biggest concern due to the nature of the tracks with the Corvette Museum track being the hardest on brakes. Have to say, no fade, no boiling of fluid and everything was good as gold. Did see a little seepage from the front calipers, but was told it may have been the old fluid still in the lines seeping out and is normal with severe braking repeatedly.
Oil wise, no complaints at all. The temps ranged but stayed in the mid 260's which is more cooling than the product. I think once analysis is completed we will be able to determine if any issues are present, but currently all is good. Diff and trans held up quite nicely, though the transmission seemed to get a little notchy again once it go hot. May have to do a change of fluid there to be sure no problems have begun.
All in all, very satisfied with all the products we are using and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Attached Images