Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #29
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
I have the same problem. Mine only seems to do it on rough roads.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #30
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
I have the same problem. Mine only seems to do it on rough roads.
A creak or squeak?? And is it while going slow? Like 0-10 mph over uneven surface?
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #31
jasonfichter

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
A creak or squeak?? And is it while going slow? Like 0-10 mph over uneven surface?
I get a squeak at any speed going over rough road.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #32
soldes

Drives: car
Sorry it's dark outside. I was wrong before, it's under the edge near the rear window. There's one on each side. When I pushed the panels it made the styrofoam noise there. (It was loud I heard it over the radio). The clips where loose
Nick
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #33
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfichter View Post
I get a squeak at any speed going over rough road.
Im not sure if its what i posted about then. Although my car did have a rear suspension squeak and it was caused by the brake cables and how they were held in place by the rear cradle. If you follow your parking brake cables youll see what im talking about. Theres a isolator and when your suspension moves it tweaks the park brake cables and squeaks where the cavle is held in place. The isolater is a 1 inch sleeve over te cable where its held in place... i call it a isolator and that could be the wrong term.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #34
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
had this same issue. once from my sunroof and one coming from around the back seat. super irritating
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #35
rportnoy2004

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
Quote:
I have two problems, 1 a creak when I accelerate and 2 a squeak when the cars warned up and the rear suspension goes up and down just like the video that was posted in this thread. Problem 2 was the rear parking brake cables / isolator where theres a 1/16th in piece of steel welded to the frame and bent to hold the cable/ isolator in place. When you push on the suspension this would move slightly and squeak. I cleaned and lubed this part and all is good. Just follow the cables from the rear brakes and youll see what im talking about. Then move it with your hand while under the car. Problem number 1 with the creak im still trying to find. I hear it could be from under the rear seat, a piece of seat pan that is not glued or welded, but i have to check!!
Hi, I have this problem and can recreate it by moving the piece under the car with my finger. What lube did you use on it to make the sound disappear? I sprayed it with WD-40 but it still makes the sound. Thanks for your help
rportnoy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rportnoy2004 View Post
Hi, I have this problem and can recreate it by moving the piece under the car with my finger. What lube did you use on it to make the sound disappear? I sprayed it with WD-40 but it still makes the sound. Thanks for your help
I used some chain lube i had laying around and it lasted for a bit. Im going to just use a q tip and some grease next. The car is stored right now..., for the body panel repair thas casusing the creak im going to have to try a different dealer who is more willing to do the repair or one that has done the same repair allready, orrr do it myself. Because, the dealer i went to were a** holes and blamed it on my exhaust and i also got them to admit they do not want to perform the warranty repair, 1 because it dont pay well and 2 it seemed too difficult. I got them to confess this because i work on the industrial side of things for a equipment dealership and i also perform warrenty work on equipment and alot of times we eat additional labor cost. So i had a long chat with the service manager and basically got him to admit those reassons. I just may be driillin into my car and doing 3 plug welds in the spring if i cant find a dealer ship to work with me. I also know a underbody engineer who works with the same team who developed the underbody for the alpha plateform. Basically when the rear was designed (where the rear cradle that holds the differential etc bolts to) the inner part was unable to be welded so they used a adhesive. Well where the tube nuts are , (the threaded holes for the bolts that hold the cradle up) the manufacture was having a clearance issue so they asked if they could open up the holes so they said ok. Then because they did that they had to weld the tube nut, so the heat could have violated the adhesive bond causing it to brake or become weak then brake. When that happens you will get some flex and a creak that im experiencing when you accelerate from a stop, or go up a steep curb/driveway going slow, its the pieces rubbng together. So to fix it they essentially drill 3 holes threw 2 out of 3 pieces of sheet metal that are all back to back then do a small plug weld to connect em all. Thats in short the fix for the problem. Problem is they blamed it on my exhaust. I talked to my friend and had him ride in the back seat and he confirmed it’s exactly where the creak is coming from and he agreed thats what it was. Its basically the rear seat area, right side and left side right by the seat pan meets the vertical part of sheet metal, only the right side is doing it on my car. Also the only true way to know if the bond is broken besides listning and doing the repair is to drop the cradle, and stick a rod or pry bar in the tube nut hole wnd apply torque to it and see if it creaks. Which at that point its probably faster to trust what your hearing and perform the repair. Ive done tons of research on this and without a doubt thats what it is on my car.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #37
rportnoy2004

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
Quote:
I used some chain lube i had laying around and it lasted for a bit. Im going to just use a q tip and some grease next. The car is stored right now..., for the body panel repair thas casusing the creak im going to have to try a different dealer who is more willing to do the repair or one that has done the same repair allready, orrr do it myself. Because, the dealer i went to were a** holes and blamed it on my exhaust and i also got them to admit they do not want to perform the warranty repair, 1 because it dont pay well and 2 it seemed too difficult. I got them to confess this because i work on the industrial side of things for a equipment dealership and i also perform warrenty work on equipment and alot of times we eat additional labor cost. So i had a long chat with the service manager and basically got him to admit those reassons. I just may be driillin into my car and doing 3 plug welds in the spring if i cant find a dealer ship to work with me. I also know a underbody engineer who works with the same team who developed the underbody for the alpha plateform. Basically when the rear was designed (where the rear cradle that holds the differential etc bolts to) the inner part was unable to be welded so they used a adhesive. Well where the tube nuts are , (the threaded holes for the bolts that hold the cradle up) the manufacture was having a clearance issue so they asked if they could open up the holes so they said ok. Then because they did that they had to weld the tube nut, so the heat could have violated the adhesive bond causing it to brake or become weak then brake. When that happens you will get some flex and a creak that im experiencing when you accelerate from a stop, or go up a steep curb/driveway going slow, its the pieces rubbng together. So to fix it they essentially drill 3 holes threw 2 out of 3 pieces of sheet metal that are all back to back then do a small plug weld to connect em all. Thats in short the fix for the problem. Problem is they blamed it on my exhaust. I talked to my friend and had him ride in the back seat and he confirmed it’s exactly where the creak is coming from and he agreed thats what it was. Its basically the rear seat area, right side and left side right by the seat pan meets the vertical part of sheet metal, only the right side is doing it on my car. Also the only true way to know if the bond is broken besides listning and doing the repair is to drop the cradle, and stick a rod or pry bar in the tube nut hole wnd apply torque to it and see if it creaks. Which at that point its probably faster to trust what your hearing and perform the repair. Ive done tons of research on this and without a doubt thats what it is on my car.
wow, that's somne pretty detailed info, thanks for the explanation. you would think they would have put more though into these kinds of decisions... Oh well, I'll try some grease to see if io can make it go away.
rportnoy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #38
Hyperlinkblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rportnoy2004 View Post
wow, that's somne pretty detailed info, thanks for the explanation. you would think they would have put more though into these kinds of decisions... Oh well, I'll try some grease to see if io can make it go away.
Im sure its not perfectly detailed, its just the best way i can explain the things i found out and im sure there is some slight mis info in there. Although its mostly pretty accurate, so far it dont seem to affect all the cars. Possibly just some that had the bond weaked or a weak bond. Like i said this problem is very specific and is when torque is applied to the car, like letting out the clutch from a stop. Im just postin all this so hopefully people see it if they have the same problems and report back if the dealer fixes if or not

Also if the grease dont work i might loosen up the fit by trimming the rubber a bit with a razor some how so theres less friction... thats my backup plann to the grease.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #39
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
I think I have the weld issue too. My "sqeak" is more of a high pitched "jingling squeak", for lack of a better word to describe it, when going over bumpy surfaces. Coming from the right rear side of the cabin behind the B-pillar seatbelt area. Does this sound like the weld problem sound?
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #40
davidmx787

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS 2016
Is this the sound you are hearing??? I have this annoying noise too but i'm unsure if its coming from the wheels or something else. I checked behind the wheels (sway bar end links) and everything seems to be correct.

davidmx787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #41
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmx787 View Post
Is this the sound you are hearing??? I have this annoying noise too but i'm unsure if its coming from the wheels or something else. I checked behind the wheels (sway bar end links) and everything seems to be correct.

No, definitely on the inside. Like a metallic rattle or jingle.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #42
Rknapp12

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Bad Anvil that is the exact same issue I am having. Please let me know if you find a solution. I’ve had it looked at by Chevy twice, but they haven’t been able to hear it each time.
Rknapp12 is offline   Reply With Quote