#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #15
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seddon View Post
Nice looking wheels, but is it a true forged monoblock wheel or flowform type. Also any weight with and without tires.
BC Forged does true forged Wheels made from 6061-T6 Aluminium

No weights just yet
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
atstevenha

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Ordering a set. That's dirt cheap
atstevenha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #17
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Please do post some pictures when you get em!
Old 11-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #18
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by atstevenha View Post
Let me know I can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Please do post some pictures when you get em!
Client never sent me images, except for one image of when he went off the track
Old 11-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #19
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Let me know I can help you out.

Client never sent me images, except for one image of when he went off the track
How nice of you Paul. I guess you neglected to mention that these wheels bent like a pretzel with that off-track excursion? I've been tracking cars for 10+ years and I've never seen a wheel deform so bad before. You also said you would get back to me on that issue, but then I never heard from you.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #20
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by atstevenha View Post
Yes, and as I've learned... You get what you pay for.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
How nice of you Paul. I guess you neglected to mention that these wheels bent like a pretzel with that off-track excursion? I've been tracking cars for 10+ years and I've never seen a wheel deform so bad before. You also said you would get back to me on that issue, but then I never heard from you.
So the wheels deformed after you went Off-track or deformed wheels made you go off-track? Which track were you on? any pictures?.....just curious...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Hello Mr. Weller,

Hope your well sir, actually I have not forgotten about how you went off the track and damaged the wheels sir. See once again since your making this public any Wheel that is involved in a crash can be damaged. The matter of the fact is that any Wheel including BC wheels cannot be guaranteed to not be damaged when you go off a track, there are question that we’re never answered what you hit how fast you went off the track etc. Also what you have neglected to mention sir is that after you went on the off road excursion you reached out to me wanting to return the wheels...

Not here to bash or talk smack it’s not what I do and I will never do such a thing, however if we are being open I want to be as transparent as possible.

However if you remember I asked for more images and never received them except for the first initial image which does not show the twisted like a pretzel description just the Wheel debeaded from the Tire, which will happen to anyone if they go off the track hard enough.

Here is the curious thing sir I have multiple clients and friends using BC forged products and tracking them and not a single individual has had a issue like yours before. Except for one finish concern after someone mounted a set of scrubs.

It is simple sir going off the track cannot guarantee any Wheel from not being damaged including forged wheels.

Now if you like as I have promised you, send me those images and I can try and see what BC will do but I cannot guarantee anything.

BC forged wheels are good quality wheels sir. Just as you have experience tracking for 10+ years BC has build multiple track wheels for clients that own vehicles like vipers Camaro zl1 Ferrari Porsche all for track usage.

So moral of this is there is something more to it then just the Wheel

Paul A.

Last edited by PK Auto Design; 11-25-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #23
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
So the wheels deformed after you went Off-track or deformed wheels made you go off-track? Which track were you on? any pictures?.....just curious...
I’m fixing a water leak at my gf’s house right now. When I dry off and get to my house I’ll post pictures of his Wheel which he sent me images of and I’ll also post pictures of my other clients using them

Including a client who unfortuently was rear ended so badly his car was torn up and yet the wheels looked perfectly intact.

I have nothing to hide from myself my clients and or this community
Old 11-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #24
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
twisted like a pretzel? stop it.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #25
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
twisted like a pretzel? stop it.
Yes, it's a figure of speech. It didn't look like an actual pretzel. What I meant is the wheel bent a good amount. I'm not blaming the wheels for going off track. Anyone who tracks or races a car will eventually have an off track excursion. It probably won't be the last either. That's just reality of this hobby. However, to clarify what I said early, in all the years I've done this, I've never seen a wheel bend quite as bad as this wheel did.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #26
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Yes, it's a figure of speech. It didn't look like an actual pretzel. What I meant is the wheel bent a good amount. I'm not blaming the wheels for going off track. Anyone who tracks or races a car will eventually have an off track excursion. It probably won't be the last either. That's just reality of this hobby. However, to clarify what I said early, in all the years I've done this, I've never seen a wheel bend quite as bad as this wheel did.
haha, i got you. Well, i wanted to make it clear cus I doubt they looked like pretzels. You have to stay away from exaggerating on here dude. It's a forum. We are going to assume you actually mean what you say. Sorry about the wheels.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #27
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Hello Mr. Weller,

Hope your well sir, actually I have not forgotten about how you went off the track and damaged the wheels sir. See once again since your making this public any Wheel that is involved in a crash can be damaged. The matter of the fact is that any Wheel including BC wheels cannot be guaranteed to not be damaged when you go off a track, there are question that we’re never answered what you hit how fast you went off the track etc. Also what you have neglected to mention sir is that after you went on the off road excursion you reached out to me wanting to return the wheels...

Not here to bash or talk smack it’s not what I do and I will never do such a thing, however if we are being open I want to be as transparent as possible.

However if you remember I asked for more images and never received them except for the first initial image which does not show the twisted like a pretzel description just the Wheel debeaded from the Tire, which will happen to anyone if they go off the track hard enough.

Here is the curious thing sir I have multiple clients and friends using BC forged products and tracking them and not a single individual has had a issue like yours before. Except for one finish concern after someone mounted a set of scrubs.

It is simple sir going off the track cannot guarantee any Wheel from not being damaged including forged wheels.

Now if you like as I have promised you, send me those images and I can try and see what BC will do but I cannot guarantee anything.

BC forged wheels are good quality wheels sir. Just as you have experience tracking for 10+ years BC has build multiple track wheels for clients that own vehicles like vipers Camaro zl1 Ferrari Porsche all for track usage.

So moral of this is there is something more to it then just the Wheel

Paul A.
Paul, when you requested more images I sent you them. As I stated to you, I'm not happy with how fragile these wheels are. I'm not out to bash you Paul, but I'm simply comparing these wheels to other forged wheels I've used on the track before. In my opinion, these just seem more fragile. Other than the ball being dropped after I emailed you last, your customer service up to that point was stellar. And I want everyone to know that. You were always great on the phone and responded quickly to emails. I have no beef with you. My issue is with the quality of BC Forged. And once again, this is just a matter of my opinion. So, whatever that's worth. If we're going to continue this thread let's try to keep it productive for everyone else.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:35 PM   #28
ccw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
haha, i got you. Well, i wanted to make it clear cus I doubt they looked like pretzels. You have to stay away from exaggerating on here dude. It's a forum. We are going to assume you actually mean what you say. Sorry about the wheels.
Has anyone even seen a wheel that looks like a pretzel? Yes, that was hyperbole, as they did not resemble anything that even remotely resembled a pretzel. They simply bent. I think we're clear on that now.

Tags
bc forged, camaro zl1 1le, camaro zl1 1le wheels, pk auto design