Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #113
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
Evan J. Smith just ran in the 11.8's
2018 GT A10 PP1 PREMIUM fully loaded 100% stock including tire pressure . Not bad for a wide engine big headed small displacement 5.0L motor
SHHHHHHH! Listen please understand every 6th Gen run is valid no matter how fast it runs, there can never be any doubt. Unlike the 6th Gen every 18 GT pass is suspect. Those of us who are not looking at these times with tunnel vision understand that there is no longer any advantage for the 6th Gen. The odd man out is now the ScatPacks.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #114
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
These runs are starting to look more and more like a crock of shit, lol!! And I think it's easy to fool people now because the Mustang fans are soo impressed and are in such a frenzy that they'll eat up anything that anyone says the GT is doing. So lets put this all together.

LMR does a 12 flat with the A10 and 3.55 rear bone stock. Then they throw on SVE Springs, SVE Resonator Delete, Weld RT-S Wheels, Mickey Thompson tires, and remove the passenger and rear seats and they hit an 11.88. Now these are pro-level drivers in good air on a track rental.

Lethal gets one and with a tire can barely hit a 12.2 and snaps the driveshaft while doing so.

Someone else gets one and busts off a 12.3 on a tire.

So now this guy on IG gets one and does an 11.89 bone stock?

So the A10 GT is within a tenth of the lighter GT500 that has a solid axle (better for launching) and over 100 more hp to the wheel. And it is faster than the lighter GT350R which has less weight and more hp...along with much lighter wheels. So the GT is now Ford's top Mustang or what? Because all of this seems way off to me. Now when we see the testing of both cars (GT vs SS) and it comes nowhere near a 12 flat, and when we see them all in person at the track and none of them come close to a 12 flat, then what will the excuse be? I wonder.
These cars are running different times because of different tracks, prep and drivers. One car might run a 12.3 with slicks but if hes inexperienced at the track his time will reflect it. Just like theres guys on our stock ss fast list running 11.9’s and then other videos of ss guys running 12.3-12.4 with drag slicks. Same thing
2Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #115
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
These runs are starting to look more and more like a crock of shit, lol!! And I think it's easy to fool people now because the Mustang fans are soo impressed and are in such a frenzy that they'll eat up anything that anyone says the GT is doing. So lets put this all together.

LMR does a 12 flat with the A10 and 3.55 rear bone stock. Then they throw on SVE Springs, SVE Resonator Delete, Weld RT-S Wheels, Mickey Thompson tires, and remove the passenger and rear seats and they hit an 11.88. Now these are pro-level drivers in good air on a track rental.

Lethal gets one and with a tire can barely hit a 12.2 and snaps the driveshaft while doing so.

Someone else gets one and busts off a 12.3 on a tire.

So now this guy on IG gets one and does an 11.89 bone stock?

So the A10 GT is within a tenth of the lighter GT500 that has a solid axle (better for launching) and over 100 more hp to the wheel. And it is faster than the lighter GT350R which has less weight and more hp...along with much lighter wheels. So the GT is now Ford's top Mustang or what? Because all of this seems way off to me. Now when we see the testing of both cars (GT vs SS) and it comes nowhere near a 12 flat, and when we see them all in person at the track and none of them come close to a 12 flat, then what will the excuse be? I wonder.
Yep, my point exactly.

You would expect some variation due to track locations and DA, but you wouldnt expect that huge of a variation.

I actually graduated HS not far from where Little River Dragway is located. It's the perfect kind of area for drag racing, especially in November. Great air, good DA, good weather typically.

There is simply no way that a car that ran in Florida of all places, is going to somehow magically be that much faster than a car that was modified with a pro driver. Not if it is stock...
Old 12-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #116
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Yep, my point exactly.

You would expect some variation due to track locations and DA, but you wouldnt expect that huge of a variation.

I actually graduated HS not far from where LMR is located. It's the perfect kind of area for drag racing, especially in November. Great air, good DA, good weather typically.

There is simply no way that a car that ran in Florida of all places, is going to somehow magically be that much faster than a car that was modified with a pro driver. Not if it is stock...
The DA in Florida was about +300. For LMR about +500. Nearly identical. Even then sometimes some tracks can be slightly quicker for no apparent reason. Be it wind or more downward slope of the track etc

The lmr car was using ET street R 17s on a drag pack. I’ve had those tires. They will hook on these cars stock in all but completely unprepared drag strips. Traction was not the factor comparing these two runs I guarantee it. And in any case would likely favor lmr aside from them being complete imbeciles

With the seats pulled and the drag pack the lmr car probably had about 150 lbs in weight reduction. Half of that rotating. Which is worth even more. They also had a lighter driver than smith looks to be. On top of that resonator delete which might not help much. And lower springs which could help mph a touch.

So in the end it sounds pretty incredible. Especially looking at how soft his launch looks in the vid. Not gonna say it’s impossible but rather strange. Maybe that track in Florida is a quicker track than the one in Texas. It’s the only other possible explanation. Not one other factor favors the Smith runs or would explain this being possible

Without looking at the slip I can’t tell if it’s a timing error or tuned. I doubt either just saying. Be nice to see the slip though.

Hope that post didn’t sound too suicudal to our mustang friends. I’m trying to get through this best I can. It’s been hard on me though :(

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 12-14-2017 at 08:00 AM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 AM   #117
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The DA in Florida was about +300. For LMR about +500. Nearly identical. Even then sometimes some tracks can be slightly quicker for no apparent reason. Be it wind or more downward slope of the track etc

The lmr car was using ET street R 17s on a drag pack. I’ve had those tires. They will hook on these cars stock in all but completely unprepared drag strips. Traction was not the factor comparing these two runs I guarantee it.

With the seats pulled and the drag pack the lmr car probably had about 150 lbs in weight reduction. Half of that rotating. Which is worth even more. They also had a lighter driver than smith looks to be. On top of that resonator delete which might not help much. And lower springs which could help mph a touch.

So in the end it sounds pretty incredible. Especially looking at how soft his launch looks in the vid. Not gonna say it’s impossible but rather strange. Maybe that track in Florida is a quicker track than the one in Texas. It’s the only other possible explanation. Not one other factor favors the Smith runs or would explain this being possible

Without looking at the slip I can’t tell if it’s a timing error or tuned. I doubt either just saying. Be nice to see the slip though.

Hope that post didn’t sound too suicudal to our mustang friends. I’m trying to get through this best I can. It’s been hard on me though :(
Yeah, definitely sounds incredible...like Unicorn Hero run type stuff...

I actually meant to type Little River instead of LMR on my post, as LMR is based out of Waco and I graduated HS in Killeen, TX...which is like 30 min from Little River Dragway...
Old 12-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #118
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I went thru 6 pages of garbage here and can't find a timeslip. Why was a video posted yesterday and still no slip ?

Not in denial, just odd.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #119
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:

The lmr car was using ET street R 17s on a drag pack. I’ve had those tires. They will hook on these cars stock in all but completely unprepared drag strips. Traction was not the factor comparing these two runs I guarantee it. And in any case would likely favor lmr aside from them being complete imbeciles

One big difference beetween LMR GT vs Lund or Smith is that the LMR car is a base gt they have de pp1 package but they don't have drive mode so no drag mode. The drag mode make a difference as it shift without dropping too much torque beetween gear.

The 2016+ Camaro and 2018 GT are both fast car. Witch one is faster will see. Looking at the mph and heavyweight 2018 GT it's clearly making power! The 2018 GT made + 8 rwhp corrected more than 2015-2017 gt with agressive tune, cai, long tube headers with high flow cats. Thats on my fiend Mustang dyno who is pretty consistent.

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #120
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
One big difference beetween LMR GT vs Lund or Smith is that the LMR car is a base gt they have de pp1 package but they don't have drive mode so no drag mode. The drag mode make a difference as it shift without dropping too much torque beetween gear.

The 2016+ Camaro and 2018 GT are both fast car. Witch one is faster will see. Looking at the mph and heavyweight 2018 GT it's clearly making power! The 2018 GT made + 8 rwhp corrected more than 2015-2017 gt with agressive tune, cai, long tube headers with high flow cats. Thats on my fiend Mustang dyno who is pretty consistent.
That’s plausible. But I thought all GT with 10 speed or at least PP got the drag mode. And the Mag ride cars had additional help from the system

If true that’s kinda weak sauce on fords part

You have any literature on this ?

Gonna be a short parade if GM makes any kind of attempt at a rebuttal. Even the 10 speed alone could put it back ahead. Especially if it gets this type of drag system. But I’m not holding my breath on much of a revamp in 2019. Don’t matter to me. It would take 500 hp and the ten speed for me to get a 19. Not gonna happen
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:09 AM   #121
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Think you have info mixed up. Drag mode is added as part of the PP when you have an auto. That's the only requirement. MagRide is not required for it but it does adjust the settings for the dampeners if you have the PP. And there's no way adjusting just the dampeners accounts for the difference in times from LMR's to Smith's run.

Also Lund's runs with a 3.15 non PP car have cut a better 60' than anything we have seen so far. Until they provide the slip from Smith's run, we won't have a clear picture.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #122
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Gonna be a short parade if GM makes any kind of attempt at a rebuttal. Even the 10 speed alone could put it back ahead. Especially if it gets this type of drag system. But I’m not holding my breath on much of a revamp in 2019. Don’t matter to me. It would take 500 hp and the ten speed for me to get a 19. Not gonna happen

GM spent 343 million retooling their transmission plant so it is inevitable, the question I guess is when do we see it in the SS ?.

I am with ya on trading up, I don't see that A10 making me want to give in. It will be interesting to see how it effects the times. Aside from the slightly higher first gear, I think the 4-5-6 gear spacing will help out some, I think those gears wind out too long and push it out of the meat of the powerband imo.
Name:  Screenshot_2017-12-14-10-22-27-1.png
Views: 212
Size:  24.4 KB
Old 12-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #123
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
SHHHHHHH! Listen please understand every 6th Gen run is valid no matter how fast it runs, there can never be any doubt. Unlike the 6th Gen every 18 GT pass is suspect. Those of us who are not looking at these times with tunnel vision understand that there is no longer any advantage for the 6th Gen. The odd man out is now the ScatPacks.
I call suspect when one pro level driver on DRs can barely do a 12.2 and another pro level driver claims to do an 11.89 bone stock. Yea, something is up. And I suspect a Mustang fanboy would be cheering so loud that they wouldn't realize that something seems a bit off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
These cars are running different times because of different tracks, prep and drivers. One car might run a 12.3 with slicks but if hes inexperienced at the track his time will reflect it. Just like theres guys on our stock ss fast list running 11.9’s and then other videos of ss guys running 12.3-12.4 with drag slicks. Same thing
Yea...um, no. Incorrect. These GT times are all within 2 weeks and all during a time of year that is optimal for getting your best quarter mile. DA and track conditions do not vary THAT wildly. And again, these aren't just some newbies getting a GT and running these times. These are pro shops who know what they're doing going to tracks that they know. As far as SS times, you're talking about times spread out all over the country and different times of the year. Some in Summer, some in Spring, etc. It certainly isn't all within 2 weeks time. And these are drivers who all have varying levels of skills from novice to pro. You should not be seeing times vary as wildly as the GT between pros. I understand you're a Mustang fan so you won't notice it. But I'm calling bullshit.

Quote:

Drag mode, lol!! NO mode can make THAT much of a difference that a pro in a stock GT can beat another pro on DRs by damn near half a sec in damn near identical conditions. HAHA!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #124
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Yea...um, no. Incorrect. These GT times are all within 2 weeks and all during a time of year that is optimal for getting your best quarter mile. DA and track conditions do not vary THAT wildly.
You can have that much variation between two cars that are exactly the same on the same track on the same day.

It comes down to a lot of factors. Driver experience, fuel quality, fuel quantity, amount of miles on the drivetrain, how seasoned the tires are, how warm the tires are, how clean the tires are. How prepared the track is, what the mixture of the VHT on the track is, how long the VHT had been put down, the track temp, wind direction, wind speed.

See my point?

There's a reason why you see people who are experienced in drag racing going out with laser IR thermometers, wind meters, DA calculators, etc before each run.

You can't simply say "well they're both in Florida and the DA is similar so I'm calling bullshit".
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #125
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
I call suspect when one pro level driver on DRs can barely do a 12.2 and another pro level driver claims to do an 11.89 bone stock. Yea, something is up. And I suspect a Mustang fanboy would be cheering so loud that they wouldn't realize that something seems a bit off.

Yea...um, no. Incorrect. These GT times are all within 2 weeks and all during a time of year that is optimal for getting your best quarter mile. DA and track conditions do not vary THAT wildly. And again, these aren't just some newbies getting a GT and running these times. These are pro shops who know what they're doing going to tracks that they know. As far as SS times, you're talking about times spread out all over the country and different times of the year. Some in Summer, some in Spring, etc. It certainly isn't all within 2 weeks time. And these are drivers who all have varying levels of skills from novice to pro. You should not be seeing times vary as wildly as the GT between pros. I understand you're a Mustang fan so you won't notice it. But I'm calling bullshit.

Drag mode, lol!! NO mode can make THAT much of a difference that a pro in a stock GT can beat another pro on DRs by damn near half a sec in damn near identical conditions. HAHA!!
Old 12-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #126
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Think you have info mixed up. Drag mode is added as part of the PP when you have an auto. That's the only requirement. MagRide is not required for it but it does adjust the settings for the dampeners if you have the PP. And there's no way adjusting just the dampeners accounts for the difference in times from LMR's to Smith's run.

Also Lund's runs with a 3.15 non PP car have cut a better 60' than anything we have seen so far. Until they provide the slip from Smith's run, we won't have a clear picture.

It take a 301A 400a or 401a to have the drag mode
LMR is a base 300a with the pp1 that make it 3.55 torsen different coil spring, bigger radiator etc. The pp1 and pp2 package are not aim at drag but more track car. It's all on Ford build and price web page

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote