Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #29
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I originally wanted a 2011 RJT. My order was cancelled by GM and I was bumped to a 2012. No RJT available. I got what I thought was the best color for me. Triple Black. Looks great when cleaned up, horrible when dirty. When I got the buyback offer I could either take one off the lot and give them the VIN. I asked if I could order one since I was told the fix was on the line. So I did. I got a CRT 1SS, Auto, with connectivity package. It is what I wanted so I got it. Good luck finding another one like this. Everyone thinks it is a V6. Everyone that sees the color just loves it though. It pops in the light and looks different every time I see it.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #30
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I love mine a couple of minor issues with the top but the fixed worked for me. So happy I waited for the Convertible and I would buy it again without hesitation.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Love mine!!! Picked her up on 30 Dec. I got 8000 miles on her and take her to shows quite often! Going to Camaros for Heroes this weekend! Love to drive top up or down. I was told the top has a recall, but no issues in the first 8000 miles so I will wait a while to get it repaired.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
^^Assinine statement.

I expect a hell of a lot more for my $40k than rub marks that GM wants to call "normal" that are rubbing through the top. As well as, I've owned 4 other convertibles that did NOT have these "normal" rub marks.

Bipolar much? Which position do you want to take? Are you saying these rub marks are normal? Or are you saying they are not?

And you left out the part where GM said these marks are normal and they would do nothing more. You're poop out of luck. doesn't sound like GM realizes they have a problem.

But you are welcome to go on your merry way and I wish you the best. Right up to that 36,100 mile mark when you notice that those rub marks have become holes and GM will tell you to go pound sand.

As for my drop top? Love it, I just hate the way GM is handling this problem.
Angry much, prime reason these forms have turned into bitch fest. As a proud owner of my 11 Camaro at cost around 40k having top wrinkles are normal. My buddy has a mustang cobra same wrinkes and a viper same wrinkles and marks both cars costing a lot more money. Both saying same thing its all part of owning a vert.

Not Bi-polar at all just think complaining about something that opens and close having wrinkles is a little crazy.

GM has never told me im poop out of luck.

Dealer gave me a 6yr 100k warranty when i purchased the camaro so i think im covered.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #33
totgate

Drives: 2012 Eurospec Convertible Manual
Word!!!

/Tobbe
totgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #34
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Loving mine, normal, light minor wear with no tear through and I am constantly putting the top down. I don't see another hard top car in my future after buying this one.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #35
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
No top problems b/c top is down all the time!!!!!
Would get another one in a heart beat!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #36
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Love the car. Havenīt had any issues besides exhaust rattle (Changing exhaust in the near future) and squeeling brakes.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #37
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Angry much,
Yup. At GM for not caring about people who spent good money for a product that is defective. Tell all those people that have rub marks and holes in their tops and lakes in their back seats to just forget about it......oh wait, GM already did.

Quote:
prime reason these forms have turned into bitch fest.
Yes, because if there is a problem that a company denies for long enough, then obviously the problem is with the customer. He should just shut up and live with it.

Keep the pressure on folks.

Quote:
As a proud owner of my 11 Camaro at cost around 40k having top wrinkles are normal. My buddy has a mustang cobra same wrinkes and a viper same wrinkles and marks both cars costing a lot more money. Both saying same thing its all part of owning a vert.[
If this is true, then why are there Camaros out there that have no problems? Why are there TSB's? Why is GM trying to re-design the top?

And gee, your buddies are a whole lot more important than me. My cars have been a Chrysler Sebring, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Pontiac GTO (damn I loved that car) and an old 66 Mustang. All of these had problems (because they all had over 100k and many years on them). None of them had the rub marks that we are seeing consistantly on these Camaros.

Maybe your buddies better get to their dealerships.

Quote:
Not Bi-polar at all just think complaining about something that opens and close having wrinkles is a little crazy.
Belittling the problem. Hmm, are you sure you don't work for GM? Because that's what they are doing to countless customers. "Don't put it down wet" "Don't leave it down" "Just wash off the marks with soap and water" "You must have left something in the trunk that popped the bow"

All direct answers from GM.

Quote:
GM has never told me im poop out of luck.

Dealer gave me a 6yr 100k warranty when i purchased the camaro so i think im covered.
Ah, now we get to the crux of your position. "Its all about me". As long as number one is ok, then what's the problem? I don't have holes in my top or lakes in my rear seat, so what are all you babies whining about?

As long as "im covered" then screw the rest of you.

Sorry, I don't roll that way
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #38
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Love my 45th anniversary convertible! I only have about 700 miles though. I otit about a month ago andir is jus a weekend driver. I wouldn't give up my convertible!
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #39
totgate

Drives: 2012 Eurospec Convertible Manual
Why do you people with bad tops "destroy" each and every topic on this board. This thread was about nice tops not to listen to the same people bitching over and over again. Dont you guys have your own threads you have started to write. Why do you have to destroy for everybody else in here. I know that you are extremely angry with GM, fine, but enough is enough you dont need to shout about in every new thread that is started in here. If you are determined to destroy all the fun in here you are just inches away from succeding.. :-(

/Tobbe
totgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #40
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
Is it safe to say that when the 2013's start rolling off the assy line that there should not be any more issues with the vert mech? Or should we give GM a little more time...
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #41
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by totgate View Post
Why do you people with bad tops "destroy" each and every topic on this board. This thread was about nice tops not to listen to the same people bitching over and over again. Dont you guys have your own threads you have started to write. Why do you have to destroy for everybody else in here. I know that you are extremely angry with GM, fine, but enough is enough you dont need to shout about in every new thread that is started in here. If you are determined to destroy all the fun in here you are just inches away from succeding.. :-(

Agree completly just got thrown off topic per a very angry person(hate to go around life that mad). Having great time and loving my vert since day one period.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #42
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Glad to see this post make its way onto the forum. In the process of buying a 45th vert and have been a lil iffy with nothing but negativity on here.
MR 45TH is offline   Reply With Quote