Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
totgate

Drives: 2012 Eurospec Convertible Manual
Bad tops subforum...

I really think theres a need for a sub forum for the bad tops. I know this was up before but i want to rise the question again. This part of this incredible forum is so infected with "bad vibes" that i dont really want to come here anymore. I want to read about all the good things with our cars like driving top down and listening to a gurgling V8 in the sun, various mods that are for convertibles etc.. Now its only bad this and bad that in here, all threads are hijacked by people with "problems" and so on. Please start a sub forum for these problems so this forum will be fun to visit again.

(Sorry if my english isnt perfect but im sure you can understand me)

/Tobbe
totgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread has been moved to the proper forum.

I'll definitely make sure the other moderators view this page, but I want to share my stance on this before I do that.

The idea of starting an entire section of the site for a limited, specific problem doesn't add much to the community of this site. Not everyone owns a convertible, and certainly not all of them have the problem. There are naturally going to be problems in any mainstream production car. It isn't realistic for an enthusiast forum to post every problem in its own discussion board.

Finally, how many topics can we really have in a sub-forum dedicated to convertible top problems?

If you're repeatedly finding that threads are getting hijacked or that content isn't on topic, please report the posts so that we can keep Camaro5 a great place to visit.

Like I said, I'll make sure the other moderators see this so that we can discuss the idea further.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Seen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I also wish to throw my thoughts in if I may.

GM has admitted to all 2011-2012 models having faulty tops, and they have yet to fix it which causes quite a few negative threads. Progress has been made, but there is enough new content and chatter between members of this forum and GM that new threads with unique content will continue to pop up.

The downside to this, from my opinion, is that the convertible forum is primarily viewed as a very negative section of the forums. I personally do not go there nearly as much as other sections because I don't want a consistant reminder of these problems.

What I propose is to consider making a sub forum under the Warranty/Recalls section of the forums, and post a sticky in the convertible forum redirecting these issues to this new subforum. I am aware this will increase moderator workload, so I would volunteer to assist in oversight on the convertible section if you have the ability to restrict moderator powers to a particular forum.

Thank you for your time.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote