Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #29
TimmyTurner

Drives: Matte Black 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
More like creeped.
Yeah...either way...she went through without slowing...then continued that momentum into me. Not sure why this an arguing point...lol. Maybe some of us see a little of us in her?
TimmyTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #30
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Thanks! But, whoa, for $300+, I might hold off a bit.
I'd pay $500 for a camera system if it's worth it....especially when it's going into a $50k+ car.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #31
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
I'd pay $500 for a camera system if it's worth it....especially when it's going into a $50k+ car.

I think the issue is, how do you determine if it is indeed worth $500...Mine was pricey..but I felt it was worth the price. Especially now and even more-so if she tries to say it was my fault.

I think, you have to have your own reasons of why something is worth what it costs, mine just happen to be worth it because of this morning.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'm fairly certain there is a law of nature that leads to these kinds of accidents _if_ you have a dash cam installed.

Put one in and crazy things start happening all around you as you drive.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:08 PM   #33
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Amazing the drivers we have around here...Sorry you got hit. I commute every day as well and I see all kinds of craziness on the roads.

My only caution with the video, and please do not think I am saying this is your fault, but I would say good luck having the other driver's insurance pay for this. We live in VA and the unfortunate thing is that if it is as little as 1% your fault and 99% their fault - their insurance company won't pay.

Insurance companies know this and will do what they can to say you were at least partially responsible. Again - I am not saying this is the case. What I am saying, is that absent anything else but both of your statements and this video - it looks like you had time to avoid her. Hopefully she took full responsibility to the police officer and it is in the report. if not, just because she said it after the accident, does not mean that's what she will say to the insurance company. All the best to you and good luck!
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #34
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
what dash cam do you have... like that one...
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #35
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTurner View Post
You can see the front camera is mounted as far in the middle and behind the rear view mirror as I can get it, does not interfere with my view of the road at all. And in the view of the rear view mirror there is a small square that is the rear camera on rear windshield. Also I have the power run from the cigarette lighter, it turns on and off when I turn the car on and off.
Thank you sir!!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #36
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
lol, blew thru? you started to avoid it then changed your mine?
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #37
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
lol, blew thru? you started to avoid it then changed your mine?
No, if you read my previous statements here I have been in a wreck before because of this same situation..I did not have time to check my mirrors to see if my blind spots were clear by the time I realized she was not stopping.

By the time I realized she was not stopping I attempted to swerve enough as so to attempt to clear her but also enough so that just in case someone were in my blindspots I wouldn't hit them.

It happened fast, like I said I saw her, but i thought she was going to jet out to the middle and stop and wait on me to pass by. It is not my job to swerve and and slam on the brakes for every single person who uses the middle lanes properly LOL.

Let's just break this down...lets say I did swerve everytime or brake really hard everytime someone rapidly entered the middle lanes in northern virginia my car would have been destroyed the first week I bought it. I can not assume that everytime someone drives they are going to do it wrongly and I must act accordingly, and if I do a-lot of those times when I react I might cause another wreck where I will be the guilty party. I am starting to wonder about some yall...

I'll just say I'm a fairly defensive driver, as you see from the 3 minute video, that's me in a nutshell besides the once a month romp on the gas. :-)

Last edited by TimmyTurner; 01-04-2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: bc I want to
Old 01-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #38
Wireeater

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
At least you have it on camera. What setup do you have? I want a front/rear mount. And I'm not surprised for the location.

**nevermind, see you posted it for someone.
Wireeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #39
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Cool footage, and glad you are okay. Hopefully the insurance process won't be too arduous.

A while back a guy on the BMW motorcycle owners forum posted a vid from his bike. He was splitting lanes of stopped traffic (which is legal in CA where he was) and on the video you can see a guy look, and then intentionally open the rear door of an SUV right before he get's there. It was obviously intentional, and they had no idea it was all caught on video.

Seriously considering getting at least a front one myself.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #40
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTurner View Post
No, if you read my previous statements here I have been in a wreck before because of this same situation..I did not have time to check my mirrors to see if my blind spots were clear by the time I realized she was not stopping.

By the time I realized she was not stopping I attempted to swerve enough as so to attempt to clear her but also enough so that just in case someone were in my blindspots I wouldn't hit them.

It happened fast, like I said I saw her, but i thought she was going to jet out to the middle and stop and wait on me to pass by. It is not my job to swerve and and slam on the brakes for every single person who uses the middle lanes properly LOL.

Let's just break this down...lets say I did swerve everytime or brake really hard everytime someone rapidly entered the middle lanes in northern virginia my car would have been destroyed the first week I bought it. I can not assume that everytime someone drives they are going to do it wrongly and I must act accordingly, and if I do a-lot of those times when I react I might cause another wreck where I will be the guilty party. I am starting to wonder about some yall...

Apparently the Camaro's visibility really IS an issue.... she never saw you!
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #41
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
Apparently the Camaro's visibility really IS an issue.... she never saw you!
Now that's funny! :-)
Old 01-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #42
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4