Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #15
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Well.....they might not even bother now.

Dealers will often bend to your will if you hold the survey "hostage". I would never recommend doing this unless you truly felt wronged. If they think you will slam them on the survey they may bend over backwards to help you out.

But if you've already given them a bad survey, the damage has already been done and they may not feel inclined to help.
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian@W View Post
Well.....they might not even bother now.

Dealers will often bend to your will if you hold the survey "hostage". I would never recommend doing this unless you truly felt wronged. If they think you will slam them on the survey they may bend over backwards to help you out.

But if you've already given them a bad survey, the damage has already been done and they may not feel inclined to help.
Exactly, The perfect time to use the survey is when you get it haven't filled out yet, you call the service manager and have a sit down with him. Once you fill it out, many dealers will want you to find another dealership because they can't take a bad score the second time, and they know you're already pissed off. Not The way it should be, but the way it is.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #17
Miller79

Drives: '17 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Exactly, The perfect time to use the survey is when you get it haven't filled out yet, you call the service manager and have a sit down with him. Once you fill it out, many dealers will want you to find another dealership because they can't take a bad score the second time, and they know you're already pissed off. Not The way it should be, but the way it is.
This is what I did the first time with the purchase survey. I talked to the owner of the dealership because I was unhappy. (My salesman never gave me ANY status updates on my order, finance guy was rude, and someone had left muddy boot prints on the drivers side floor mat, among other things.) I was offered compensation for my trouble, but was left with the impression the dealership felt like they had done nothing wrong. I felt bribed to give them a good survey (which I did), but couldn't help feeling the underlying issues hadn't been resolved.

This service visit was to be their "second chance" to retain my business. Their poor customer service surprised me, especially since the service manager knew enough about my experience to apologize.

I am not planning to do any more business with this dealer. I was just wondering if I should be expecting a call from them or GM sometime soon. All they could do is offer to replace my dash, and frankly I don't want them to.
Finally picked up: 12/14/16
Miller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #18
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
GM gave me a +/- $300 Sirius XM credit, which I just use for the nav and not music so it'll last me for years. All because my dealer wronged me multiple times and I reported it. GM apparently got internal affairs involved and checked into things at the dealership. Between their mechanics and autobody shop they use, it was a disaster.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #19
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
There needs to be a way to "follow up" with this shit survey that is written in stone as Glenn says once it is submitted.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #20
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedSS View Post
They will be a lot more willing to work for you before you turn in the survey to fix whatever has made you unhappy, however, once you have turned it in it can't be changed so a lot of the time you lose your leverage to have yourself compensated. It'll depend on the dealership, but once you blast a dealership on the survey a lot of the time they won't want to work with you because the damage has already been done.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote