Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #29
Cautionary tale

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss summit white
Hey

Just seems to me $20000 is alot of money to only gain a second in the quarter mile... any serious drag racer has to have a 10 sec car... of course a street racer could win some money in theory, just go up against some 1200 hp monster, um, any cops here,lol
Cautionary tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #30
Cautionary tale

Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
I'm wondering what's the largest tire size you can fit under the 6th Gen Camaro. I probably won't go any larger than a 305 as my car will be a daily driver and my power mods will be limited.
But of course the rear end will need to be raised,lol... always a price to pay for fun
Old 12-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #31
Cautionary tale

Hey

With all this talk, after mods and tire change and whatever will this be the car we are in love with now?
Old 12-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #32
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
People who want to say they have 622 hp but have no intention of using it.
Well put
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #33
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
3yr/36,000 mile standard warranty is nice!

DR's would put that car in the high 10's.

Unfortunately the hood is killing me.
I love the hood, personally. The supercharger isn't quenched to fit under the confines of the factory hood lines. And aside from looking interesting, and having a "shaker effect", there is further benefit to convective heat transfer from airflow over the top surfaces of the unit

I got an email last night from the owner of my wife's (past) 5th Gen Callaway Camaro, as he just traded on a new Z06 and wanted to add the Callaway SC757 Package to the car.

So do I buy her old car back - or buy her a 6th Gen
Attached Images

Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #34
Callaway Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cautionary tale View Post
Just seems to me $20000 is alot of money to only gain a second in the quarter mile... any serious drag racer has to have a 10 sec car... of course a street racer could win some money in theory, just go up against some 1200 hp monster, um, any cops here,lol

11 second street cars are the norm today. I remember when "fast" used to be a 12 second pass. My old 3rd Gen GTA ran 12.2@115 and was considered to be very quick. But that was in the early 1990s, which would make it slow, by today's standards.

Interestingly enough, it made it okay with 245/45/16 ZR BF Goodrich tires. The chassis was terrible though, compared to today, and I know that a modern car can do much more with the same width tire.

But all this bench racing makes it fun to look back at how fast (or slow) we were. But the reality is, we've never had better choices than today for performance
I wouldn't mind though, dropping an extra $17k on the new package. My wife's past Camaro SC car, which had 552 hp, was a lot of fun!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Performance and all is nice, and it will get you to the golf course sooner and in style, but "Callaway" should customize a Camaro with features for the golfer and all that goes with golfing in mind...just a suggestion!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #36
Cautionary tale

Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I've ridden in a stock tired Hellcat...it's not that bad.

Should it have had 305's stock? Sure..but it's not like it's stock tire size is dangerously small or sub-capable.
guess I can't say too much, haven't had the chance to ride in a hellcat... very heavy helps keep it planted I guess,lol... I did drive a scat pack though.... the poor guys version of the srt392, same hp but that one gets the 275....
Old 12-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #37
Cautionary tale

Hey

Maybe a track focused ss that's still way under z28 money, hmmm.... like shelby gt350 did with the R...
Old 12-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #38
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
Give Callaway some time, the preliminary info was just released yesterday. Callaway is really active on Corvette Forum which is where I first found out about them doing a Camaro.
Oh for sure. Just hate estimated bs numbers, that is all. I cannot wait for the REAL numbers and dyno charts and all.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #39
Callaway Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Even though it lost weight, it's anything but light weight. The rear tires are a tad skinny, but the main issue is that they are sub par run flats...put a good, sticky tire on it, like a Pilot Super Sport and that would help a lot...
Tires have one of the most important jobs on a vehicle, and are often easy targets to say they could be better. But how?

A tire has to perform, first and foremost. But in what conditions? Dry? Wet? Snow?

Then, is it a Run Flat, and how will that change the characteristics of the tires? No doubt, Michelin has a winner with their PS2 ZP tires, and compared with other run flat tires, there's no real comparison.

But factors like width, which affect drag (rolling resistance and related MPG ratings), noise and ride (harshness), and one can see where tires are - or can be full of compromises.

On my 3rd Gen, I had a collapsible spare and an inflator kit. that was to help overall packaging. On our 5th Gen, we had an inflator and can of fix a flat. I'd much rather skip both, taking the PS2 ZP tires in return.

The right tires make a huge difference. In fact, to the point I felt the Goodyear tires on the 6th Gen Grand Sport Corvette were less inspiring for overall confidence than a narrower Michelin PS2 ZP on the 7th Gen Stingray. Better in the dry, wet, and overall feel.

This is the long way of saying, it's in the tires, and their characteristics. I hope this helps