#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #29
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAbeer View Post
I just figured I'd pass this info on but a local dealer is taking deposits and stated the ZL1 would be priced around $64 - 70k. That makes the decision easy for me, 1LE it is! He also gave me a $53k~ price on the 1LE, seems high to me but the salesman was going to get back to me when he had more info.
Does the deposit practice vary from dealer to dealer? I literally went to my dealer on Friday and asked him to pleeeease take my deposit to ensure I remained at the top of the list, but he stated he can't because even he doesn't know when it'll be available to order. Told me dealers should not be doing this until the customers actually order/build the vehicle.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #30
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
I need to say something and it may not go over very well. Putting a deposit down on a car you cannot order yet nor have any pricing, availability or allocation has been announced is just not very smart. I have bought my cars from the same dealership for over 30 years and I know the owner very, very well. When the Gen5 Z/28 came out, I asked him if he would take a deposit on one and he told me that any dealer that took a deposit on a car before they knew if they were going to get an allocation was not a dealer you wanted to do business with. Since there have been no allocations for the ZL1 announced as of yet, I would be very weary giving your money to a dealer who does not even know if they are going to get a car they can sell you. Seriously folks, wait until we know how much, how many, when, and who will have them before you go throwing your money around to get on a list that the deal may not be able to fill.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #31
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Its already been mentioned by AL that it will be more than 2015s price of 3500 and cheaper than ford performance pack iirc for the gt350 which is 6500

So between 3500-6500 your guess is as good as anyone's at this point

Base price of car + 1LE + destination fee
I know we're getting off topic but my guess is $42k including destination without the PDR/nav option.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #32
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I need to say something and it may not go over very well. Putting a deposit down on a car you cannot order yet nor have any pricing, availability or allocation has been announced is just not very smart. I have bought my cars from the same dealership for over 30 years and I know the owner very, very well. When the Gen5 Z/28 came out, I asked him if he would take a deposit on one and he told me that any dealer that took a deposit on a car before they knew if they were going to get an allocation was not a dealer you wanted to do business with. Since there have been no allocations for the ZL1 announced as of yet, I would be very weary giving your money to a dealer who does not even know if they are going to get a car they can sell you. Seriously folks, wait until we know how much, how many, when, and who will have them before you go throwing your money around to get on a list that the deal may not be able to fill.
As long as it's fully refundable, I don't see a problem with putting it down to guarantee your place in line. You'll lose out on what? $1 in interest if it was sitting in savings.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #33
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Sound advice except not everyone knows a dealer or has purchased a car in recent years. Make sure the money is 100% refundable. It's typically not interest bearing so if you do leave a deposit in good faith don't go above your means. Just my opinion on the subject but here goes. You've invested whatever time thus far on one dealer. You could wait until allocations are announced. Of course at that point you have already committed to the purchase in your head. If you're lucky your dealer you were working with will get an allocation. If not you'll have to jump ship and start over. At that time someone else may have already beat you to it. I'm not saying leave deposits all over town but recognize that at best all you're doing is solidifying the potential to have a place holder. If you're comfortable with that so be it. When more information is available hopefully your investment will pay off. If not get your funds back or buy the Volt. That thing is awesome. Just not for me.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #34
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
As long as it's fully refundable, I don't see a problem with putting it down to guarantee your place in line. You'll lose out on what? $1 in interest if it was sitting in savings.
I agree, if there is no risk on me putting down 1k then why not?

Lets say for discussion, what if my deposit was not refundable and my dealer did not get an allocation for me to order. Is there anybody here that was put in that position that can speak to that? Were they offered to use the deposit on a different trim or model?
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:10 PM   #35
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
I agree, if there is no risk on me putting down 1k then why not?

Lets say for discussion, what if my deposit was not refundable and my dealer did not get an allocation for me to order. Is there anybody here that was put in that position that can speak to that? Were they offered to use the deposit on a different trim or model?
I don't think anyone can really argue the fact that 10 people looking to buy a car at that dealer can't all be first to place an order assuming the dealer gets an allocation to begin with. If they are allocated only two units the people with good faith money upfront are demonstrating serious interest and deserve preferred ordering. I put money down. They could price the car at $70.000 and it won't change my decision to buy. I believe in the concept of showing people you are serious.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #36
mkorgan

So, I am not in the market for an SS but I wanted to see what one would price out at if I configured it the way I would want it. DANG!! I paid $57K for my ZL1 which looks like a bargain versus the '16 Camaro SS. I have to say, based on how pricey you can option out a '16 Camaro SS...I could see the ZL1 coming in @ $68K for starters and easily creeping into the $70K+ range.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #37
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
So, I am not in the market for an SS but I wanted to see what one would price out at if I configured it the way I would want it. DANG!! I paid $57K for my ZL1 which looks like a bargain versus the '16 Camaro SS. I have to say, based on how pricey you can option out a '16 Camaro SS...I could see the ZL1 coming in @ $68K for starters and easily creeping into the $70K+ range.
you clicked 13+K worth of options on a 2SS that has already a ton of nice features. I think many of those options will be a standard for ZL1, like brake and ground effect..., if that is what you are driving at, but for me that means that you have basically put on ZL1 parts to a 2SS, so what's left...the engine, front clip, tuning...

I think you can easily get a ZL1 up to 68 and 70 if you click a lot of options.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #38
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
you clicked 13+K worth of options on a 2SS that has already a ton of nice features. I think many of those options will be a standard for ZL1, like brake and ground effect..., if that is what you are driving at, but for me that means that you have basically put on ZL1 parts to a 2SS, so what's left...the engine, front clip, tuning...

I think you can easily get a ZL1 up to 68 and 70 if you click a lot of options.
Options or included in the base, these items cost money and the more that are included in the base ZL1, the more my point stands to reason. The difference in the LT4 and A10 alone will most likely be $10K more than the LT1 and A8 plus all the additional cooling, STANDARD Recaro seats, etc...I think we are looking at @ starting price north of $65K with just the A10 option as the only option. Wont take much to get to $70 from there, especially if they offer enhanced wheel, stripping, interior packages. Hope I am wrong but we will see.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #39
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
At that kind of money, a Z51 Corvette becomes the obvious choice for a new car.
Yeah, maybe for some but most Camaro guys will stay Camaro even if it creeps into Vette territory. I know I would never consider a vette. I had a C6 for 2 weeks and learned quickly they are not for me.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #40
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
A 70K ZL1 will be a fail...
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #41
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
At that kind of money, a Z51 Corvette becomes the obvious choice for a new car.
But it doesn't have shitty ass PDK
Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #42
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedX2 View Post
A 70K ZL1 will be a fail...
I don't think the coupe will be that much; maybe the convertible. I think the coupe will come in around $64K.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote